Author Topic: Gambit Movie News  (Read 385383 times)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
Re: Gambit Movie News
« Reply #2040 on: February 05, 2019, 12:10:15 PM »
Best thing that could happen right now, guys?  Marvel and Disney reboot X-men with the same love and care they treated The Avengers with.  Best thing on top of that? Gambit gets a prominent role in said reboot.  Sad thing is though, there are so many X-men to choose from, the chances of Gambit being a core member are slim.  Other sad thing is that this would be YEARS away. 

Anyway, if it were to happen I hope they'd take a grittier, darker tone for the X-Men.  Avengers already has light-hearted covered.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2041 on: February 05, 2019, 12:32:01 PM »
Who knows what Feige planned. I am sure that he won't allow not his ideas in MCU.
Maybe he will really like Tatum's pith for Gambit and will rework it for MCu from start.
I think we will hear more soon.

I think if Tatum will stay as Gambit, they will give him a fine role.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #2042 on: February 06, 2019, 09:41:33 AM »
Fox only had 20 years to do something with Gambit. 

We'll see with MCU, hopefully we won't be stuck with any arrogant Gambit-hating writers on these projects. If they want something fresh and new...they can take advantage of the lack of Gambit in the Fox films and use him as a big player rather than JUST Wolverine...and maybe bump up Sinister too while they're at it.

Offline Mateo3000

• Journeyman
« Reply #2043 on: February 07, 2019, 01:27:07 PM »
Screw the Gambit haters. Most of them have barely even read any comics with Gambit in them. I think at this point the best bet is to hope Gambit appears in an X-men team movie.

Sinister could definitely be the big villain in an Xmen movie. He has the power, personality, and they have yet to use him so it would be a unique original Xmen movie.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2044 on: March 14, 2019, 03:57:17 PM »
When asked if the film was supposed to be a heist movie, Wyatt actually likened his version more to The Godfather and revealed it would have been set partially in the 1970s:Yeah [a heist film] of a sort. I mean it was a period film. It dealt with the 70s up until the present day. It was about kind of mutant gangs and the notion of what it means to belong, tribalism in this bayou-like environment. The swamps of New Orleans. So it would’ve been a lot of fun. I know Channing sort of worked on the script to make it into more of a romantic comedy, I think. Which I read and it was great, it was very different to what I was involved in. But now Disney have the reins so I don’t know what their plans are.”

http://collider.com/gambit-movie-details-rupert-wyatt/

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 05:25:47 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #2045 on: March 14, 2019, 10:19:57 PM »
When asked if the film was supposed to be a heist movie, Wyatt actually likened his version more to The Godfather and revealed it would have been set partially in the 1970s:Yeah [a heist film] of a sort. I mean it was a period film. It dealt with the 70s up until the present day. It was about kind of mutant gangs and the notion of what it means to belong, tribalism in this bayou-like environment. The swamps of New Orleans. So it would’ve been a lot of fun. I know Channing sort of worked on the script to make it into more of a romantic comedy, I think. Which I read and it was great, it was very different to what I was involved in. But now Disney have the reins so I don’t know what their plans are.”

http://collider.com/gambit-movie-details-rupert-wyatt/

The concept alone makes it different than any other superhero movie that was ever made. I really wished that this movie had gotten made.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2046 on: March 15, 2019, 04:02:33 AM »

The concept alone makes it different than any other superhero movie that was ever made. I really wished that this movie had gotten made.

Me too.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #2047 on: March 27, 2019, 04:32:45 PM »
Simon kinburg says he thinks and hopes gambit will get made WITH tatum .  Disney is looking at what to make https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2ogkZOUkAAdjX2.jpg

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2048 on: April 02, 2019, 08:25:57 PM »

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #2049 on: April 03, 2019, 09:17:34 AM »
Kinberg's words on Gambit are irrelevant now. Fox have had 20 years to do something with him, all talk no action.
Hopefully the MCU will broaden their imagination and flesh out other characters that aren't Wolverine and Magneto.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2050 on: April 03, 2019, 12:00:50 PM »
And put Mystique in limbo or at least in character.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #2051 on: May 06, 2019, 11:45:25 AM »
Not sure if how true this is, but this guy says he's read the script and he gave a breakdown of it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelatFox/comments/bl2hkr/script_breakdown_gambit_by_joshua_zetumer/

Not gonna lie, I've gotten apathetic about the Gambit movie (at least Tatum as Gambit), but this sounds pretty interesting. I think the third act could use some revisions, though.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2052 on: May 06, 2019, 01:09:18 PM »
Interesting. Sounds interesting.

It is draft for 2015.

A lot of things since that were changed. We will probably never hear or see Tatum's final version.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #2053 on: May 07, 2019, 03:03:01 PM »
Looks like the Gambit film is officially dead

https://www.cbr.com/fox-final-x-men-films-cut-disney-schedule/

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2054 on: May 08, 2019, 02:12:16 PM »
I don't think any of us should be surprised. At least it isn't just his film that is cancelled.