Author Topic: All New Uncanny Avengers  (Read 18149 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
All New Uncanny Avengers
« on: October 14, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »
well if the first issue is anything to go by i pray Gambit does not end up in this book it stars off with a man dieing of Cancer and being reborn thanks to the terrigan mist, hes a green peace activist or something, 8 months later the team (Rogue, Steve, Synapse, Human Torch, Deadpool, Dr. Voodoo and Deadpool)  are fighting so mutated peeps thanks to Inhuman stuff i guess, Deadpool kills one of them which annoys Spiderman who quits the team because of Deadpool, then there is a press conference Rogue is asked why she stayede when all her kind have gone or disappeared, there is building tension between Inhumans and Mutants, the Avengers team are living in some old theatre supported in part by Deadpools money which he gets from being a merchandise brand, Rogue is being affected by the mist and has to drink viles of stuff to stop the effects, Quicksilver is on dates with  3 women in different parts of the world at the same time, when in New York his date has a reaction brought on by a pigon or i tthink, one hour later theres a big outbreak of the same creatures from the beginning, the team assemble somewhere else the villain is revealed.....what awesome name does he have...wait for it....ok maybe sit down, this one is epic......THE SHREDDED MAN who claims humanities days are done    so this issue went down like a fart in an elevator

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: All New Uncanny Avengers
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 04:14:53 PM »
All I've seen is one image, that someone posted on CBR.  And IA with you Dantay, this is not the book I want Gambit to be in for the non Xmen book. 

I also read in other threads that Rogue had a fling with the Human Torch too. 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 04:15:48 PM »
So shes back to touching people again?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »
Art was strange. One panel it is good and next it is so ugly.

I would give this issue 6/10.

I wanted to give 5 but at least every character got some panel time. It was 30 issues so evryone got some time but I doubt it is posible to give enough time for such a big team in 20 pages.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 07:44:35 PM »
Art was strange. One panel it is good and next it is so ugly.

I would give this issue 6/10.

I wanted to give 5 but at least every character got some panel time. It was 30 issues so evryone got some time but I doubt it is posible to give enough time for such a big team in 20 pages.

yeah the art is all over the place , it doesnt feel like an Avengers book or an X-Men book feels more like a...were throwing s*** at the wall hopefully something will stick, yup apparently months ago something happened between Rogue and Human Torch and she maybe bitter about his relationship with Madusa it came out of left field

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 10:23:27 PM »
Curious to see where Gambit fits in with this Inhuman mist problem outside AU. I highly doubt he would leave Rogue to suffer the way that she is, but editorially I  don't think Gambit is allowed to show that much concern for Rogue which is why I don't suspect him in this book or storyline, which sucks because it defy's Remy's nature IMO

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 08:30:02 AM »
Curious to see where Gambit fits in with this Inhuman mist problem outside AU. I highly doubt he would leave Rogue to suffer the way that she is, but editorially I  don't think Gambit is allowed to show that much concern for Rogue which is why I don't suspect him in this book or storyline, which sucks because it defy's Remy's nature IMO

100% agree. He was basically in exile when he got news she was in coma during Messiah Complex. And though he'd basically burned his bridge with the X-Men and subsequently her (thanks Blood of Apocalypse), he risked life and limb to play two or even three sides against each other to save her life... Now it's like we're supposed to believe he's;

"Chere c'take care of h'self, she's a better person den me!" - Racky Lebeau
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 12:44:28 PM »
I respectfully disagree that Gambit should be there at the hospital with Rogue. That is where Racky Lebeau began in XML. 

Eight months have passed and Rogue has had a fling, from what I've gathered via threads she's bitter about it too. 

It's not realistic.  IMO

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 01:03:15 PM »
I'm with Neko on this.  Gambit was brainwashed during BoA and did things for which he had regrets.  Prior to being brainwashed, he and Rogue were still lovers.   So it made perfect sense for him to risk it all to save the women he loved and the women he felt he wronged during his brainwashing.

Currently, Gambit and Rogue are not together and Rogue while in her right mind decided once she had control of her powers to forgo a relationship with Gambit in favor of the dude responsible for one of the worst moments of Gambit's life.  While there is no doubt he still cares for her, he should under no circumstances be running to her aid every time she is in trouble.  Rogue made her choice. 
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Toadman005

• Survivor
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 01:05:15 PM »
I want a "What If" Racky LeBeau fought Remy LeBeau.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 01:16:40 PM »
I want a "What If" Racky LeBeau fought Remy LeBeau.

LOL - what a fight that would be. Racky would just stand there and not do anything while Remy could easily knock him out, and if we go with our made up artwork, Remy could charge Racky and be done with it.   ;)

Thanks Remydat, you explained it better than I did. 

Offline Faith

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 02:36:23 PM »
I respectfully disagree that Gambit should be there at the hospital with Rogue. That is where Racky Lebeau began in XML.  

Eight months have passed and Rogue has had a fling, from what I've gathered via threads she's bitter about it too.  

It's not realistic.  IMO

I don't think the implication is that Gambit should be there in the hospital.  I still think he would express concern.  She is still his friend.  I would say the same if this was Storm.  I don't expect him to show up but honestly having none of the X-Men Rogue is close to even check to see how she is doing is the problem.  Iceman?  Cannonball?  Gambit?  These are the problems with the writers acting like these people live in their little circle and have no past.  Just a "text" to Cap saying her X-Men friends are concerned and for him to let them know would be enough acknowledgment.  

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2015, 03:48:12 PM »
Yeah, he would check on her, because he's nice guy, and would do the same for storm or even belle, despite her occasionally trying to kill him.  ;)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2015, 04:23:31 PM »
*chuckles*

I'm not explaining my opinion correctly – whether its the hospital or not. Maybe he would call just to know and then let it go. He would hope she gets better and be supportive in her recovery. What hasn't changed is they're exes, not BFFs.  

There is a lack of comic book references in regards to the Gambit and Rogue friendship. Gambit walked away. Eight months have passed and Rogue has had a fling. There is nothing as far as I know that says, they hang out or call each other on a regular basis. Until a book says, they've been BFFs for the last eight months then there is not a reason for Gambit to do much of anything in regards to Rogue's condition.  IMO.

All I'd expect is for him to say he hopes she gets better and move on.

Just my opinion.  :)

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 04:42:31 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Toadman005

• Survivor
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 04:39:47 PM »
Yeah, he would check on her, because he's nice guy, and would do the same for storm or even belle, despite her occasionally trying to kill him.  ;)

"What ex hasn't tried to kill me at one point or another?", said every guy ever.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"