Author Topic: All New Uncanny Avengers  (Read 18170 times)

Offline WhiteVeils

• Thief
Re: All New Uncanny Avengers
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2015, 07:45:54 PM »
Gambit would be an awesome Gabriel Knight.

Shattenjaeger.

Much better there than in Deadpool.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:47:40 PM by WhiteVeils »

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2015, 09:22:41 PM »
Hi Neko would you add the AoA walking away scene to that symbolism?  Explains the hunched over final pose where she looks so down. Talking softly to herself. Man that page just became so much sadder I want to give her a giant hug. And him a bottle of something to deal with that. I imagine that's why you can't see either of their faces in that last scene

I would still hope he pops up to help or at least note her suffering.  It would be sad if marvel had killed of their ties so completely.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 09:56:12 PM by AeroSennin »

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2015, 09:53:43 PM »
I guess the development with Johnny Storm now makes sense of Duggan reference to an old flame making trouble for her... it seems he was being literal.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2015, 10:15:21 PM »
Hi Neko would you add the AoA walking away scene to that symbolism?  Explains the hunched over final pose where she looks so down. Talking softly to herself. Man that page just became so much sadder I want to give her a giant hug. And him a bottle of something to deal with that. I imagine that's why you can't see either of their faces in that last scene

I would still hope he pops up to help or at least note her suffering.  It would be sad if marvel had killed of their ties so completely.

Give me a day or two.  I know its here in the gallery.

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2015, 12:53:13 AM »
Give me a day or two.  I know its here in the gallery.

My bad I didn't want the AoA one too :). English fail. I was just noting that scene he was walking away in aoa was also reminiscent to his scene walking away from rogue in his solo. The solo scene felt like a combination of both. I was wondering if that was part of the symbolism you were referring to. Or if I was just looking too hard.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2015, 11:13:54 AM »
LOL - okay, we'll figure this out.  You want the image of Gambit kissing Bella for comparison right?

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2015, 03:30:53 PM »
LOL - okay, we'll figure this out.  You want the image of Gambit kissing Bella for comparison right?

Yeah that one I hadn't seen. But no rush I was just curious on your comparisons.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2015, 02:27:41 PM »
I think second issue was normal but I wouldnt want to read it. Not bad, not good but it had nothing to offer to cath my attantion. I think I liked first issue more.

So Cable is gonna join this team? I think Gambit will be just a guest star then.

Also this team is too big.

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2015, 02:37:36 PM »
Seems that way... it'll be interesting to see the new team member in that team. It does seem that deadpool's mini was part of Duggan prep for this book. A bit more apprehensive about UA#5 now I don't want to see Gambit just used as a hook/plot item. I may be a romy fan but he needs some growth not just exploitation.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2015, 04:54:26 PM »
i found it very hard to get through this issue , its not very well written and the art isnt great either, and the new character yawn....why are the Avengers writers packing their teams with X-Men cant those x characters appear in a book of their own, they can call it "new all new marvel point 1 all new new astonishing amazing uncanny extraordinary x-treme new gen factor force all new new X-men" then they can renumber it halfway through the issue

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2015, 05:04:48 PM »
Art is strange but I like it. It is much better in issue 2 then in the first one.

So far from this team I like Quicksilver the most. I think Duggan found his voice really fast.

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2015, 09:38:09 PM »
Could someone bring me upto speed with the whole torch rogue thing please?

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2015, 09:43:15 PM »
Could someone bring me upto speed with the whole torch rogue thing please?

they boned off panel......thats it your up to speed on it

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2015, 10:10:37 PM »
Ahhhh... thanks for the update.

So she has control of her powers again or he found a way to circumvent that?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2015, 12:03:11 AM »
i found it very hard to get through this issue , its not very well written and the art isnt great either, and the new character yawn....why are the Avengers writers packing their teams with X-Men cant those x characters appear in a book of their own, they can call it "new all new marvel point 1 all new new astonishing amazing uncanny extraordinary x-treme new gen factor force all new new X-men" then they can renumber it halfway through the issue

Marketing. X-Men has been outselling the Avengers for ages. Marvel wants to raise the Avengers franchises even higher, so inserting the most popular X-Men characters into the Avengers lineups will presumably help that happen. If you want to see Cable, Rogue and the eventual Gambit, you'll you'll have to buy an Avenger's book and not a X-Men title.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony