Author Topic: Marvel Solicits 2016 Thread  (Read 29003 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Marvel Solicits 2016 Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2015, 06:10:35 AM »
totally agree with you, even in an interview he tried to excuse the low sales on characters and fans not being into the long burn storys that they only want events and quick resolution's, which i kind of agree with that statement but still take responsibility, even the previous X-Factor run he blamed an artist for getting it canceled

About previous X-Factor and artist story I agrre that it was really problem with artist.

They had strong stable sales for noir book with good art and then they change artist and because his art it was impossible to read this book. 30% of readers went away. Art were much worse then in Spurriers Legacy and it was light and not noir. It really destroyed this book.

As for all-new the main problem was writing. You just can`t explain third act of story in bubble thoughts in 1 last page

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2015, 12:23:50 PM »
About previous X-Factor and artist story I agrre that it was really problem with artist.

They had strong stable sales for noir book with good art and then they change artist and because his art it was impossible to read this book. 30% of readers went away. Art were much worse then in Spurriers Legacy and it was light and not noir. It really destroyed this book.

As for all-new the main problem was writing. You just can`t explain third act of story in bubble thoughts in 1 last page

yeah but the legacy art was terrible, me personally i wasnt a big fan of Legion but the writing was so good it kept me invested, im sure the bad art is to blame for loseing numbers but if his writing was good enough people wouldn't care, it had the fans and the artist didnt stay on the book so those readers that went away would have come back when the artist left, PAD who i am a fan of never takes responsibility he blames everyone else even fans

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2015, 02:06:09 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/black-widow-avengers-standoff-more-in-marvels-march-2016-solicitations

X-MEN '92 #1
CHRIS SIMS & CHAD BOWERS (w) • ALTI FIRMANSYAH (a)
Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
hip-hop variant by afua richardson
ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
VARIANT COVER BY TBA
The X-Men of the 90s are back! Continuing from the hit Secret Wars series starring the X-Men of a more EXTREME decade. With Cassandra Nova defeated, the X-Men have taken in all the young mutants she had rounded up and are officially reopening the Xavier School for Gifted Children...but being responsible won't stop them from having crazy adventures! Especially when Omega Red shows up with the (Formerly) Soviet Super Soldiers!
32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

The variant features Storm, Jubes and Gambit.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:09:56 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 01:56:10 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2016, 02:11:17 PM »
It seems he will be in limbo until september :(

I think around this month we will get 2 new x books maybe. Just my thoughts.

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2016, 02:42:57 PM »
It seems he will be in limbo until september :(

I think around this month we will get 2 new x books maybe. Just my thoughts.

My thinking is that they are waiting to see the sales report from Uncanny Avengers 5 before moving forward with him.
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2016, 03:12:21 PM »
more events can they not just stop the events for a few years?

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2016, 12:20:01 PM »

Offline Sheba

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2016, 12:22:47 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/steve-rogers-is-captain-america-civil-war-ii-begins-marvel-may-2016-solicitations they promise this time Rogue will meet Gambit lol

*proceeds to take this with an entire salt mine*

Oh look, Extraordinary #10 features one of the X-Men becoming a Horseman---gee, I wonder who that could possibly be!  ::)

It is interesting that Uncanny #7 seems to have a shoutout (possibly a retread?) of the Morlock Massacre, though.....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 12:30:31 PM by Sheba »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2016, 01:55:24 PM »

Oh look, Extraordinary #10 features one of the X-Men becoming a Horseman---gee, I wonder who that could possibly be!  ::)

It is interesting that Uncanny #7 seems to have a shoutout (possibly a retread?) of the Morlock Massacre, though.....

A potential retcon of a retcon - LOL
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:47:00 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2016, 05:25:13 PM »

Oh look, Extraordinary #10 features one of the X-Men becoming a Horseman---gee, I wonder who that could possibly be!  ::)

who? i stopped reading after the Scott reveal, will it be Jean?...Nightcrawler oooooh Storm because the movie

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2016, 12:14:27 PM »
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/civil-war-ii-erupts-deadpool-v-gambit-han-solo-marvel-june-2016-solicitations

X-MEN: THE TRIAL OF GAMBIT TPB
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL, BEN RAAB & STEVE SEAGLE
Penciled by JOE MADUREIRA, MELVIN RUBI, BRYAN HITCH, CHRIS BACHALO, ANDY SMITH & CARLOS PACHECO
Cover by JOE MADUREIRA
For years, they've loved each other from a safe distance. Now Rogue and Gambit will become closer than ever -- and it may shatter their lives permanently! For when Remy LeBeau's past actions are revealed, he'll be put on trial -- but who will serve as judge, jury and executioner? In other action, a suitably uncanny battle between Cannonball and Gladiator sends one squad of X-Men on its latest intergalactic adventure. Can they free the Shi'ar from the deadly grip of the Phalanx and return to Earth in one piece? Meanwhile, another team grapples with the Kingpin and Sebastian Shaw over a possible cure for the Legacy Virus! Plus: Flash back with Rachel Summers and Magneto, witness a furious Marrow take on Spider-Man, and meet the mighty Maggott! Collecting UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #341-350 and #-1, and X-MEN (1991) #62-64 and #-1.
400 PGS./Rated T ...$34.99
ISBN: 978-1-302-90070-0
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 12:37:41 PM by Dantay »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2016, 04:45:15 PM »
I like new cover.

Always liked when Gambit is stealing magic objects.

DEADPOOL V GAMBIT #2 (of 5)
Ben Acker & Ben Blacker (W) • DANILO BEYRUTH (A)
Cover by KEVIN P. WADA
VARIANT COVER BY TBA
• Deadpool and Gambit have put aside their differences to pull one last scam...
• ...swindling an object of mythical power out from under a Chinese businessman.
• Spoiler: It doesn't go according to plan. Can they talk their way out of this one?
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2016, 08:09:13 AM »
The cover is okay to me. I don't like the markings on Gambit's knuckles.