Author Topic: Marvel Solicits 2016 Thread  (Read 28971 times)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
Re: Marvel Solicits 2016 Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2015, 01:33:26 AM »
Yeah the return of Racky is a huge fear of mine.  So much work has been done on Gambit to clean him of being Rogue's story tool and now the danger is that he'll become a mopey ex boyfriend again.  Also I know solicits are just written up by some intern and we should never take them seriously but the friend or foe thing bothers me, I hope he isn't a villain to get beaten up by the Avengers while Rogue tries to talk him out of whatever it is he's doing.  At this point Gambit being a villain doesn't make sense. Like everybody says, anti-hero thief is fine.  But flat out villain...no it's just not in him. 

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2015, 02:55:06 AM »
Ha! I knew it)

Amazing cover. Solitics sounds really exciting!

I hope Gambit will join team so it is not only a guest appearence. Can't wait Rent to interact with Rogue, Dead pool and QS again.

The only thing that bothers me is his 90's costume. I hope inside of book it will be modern costume from solo.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2015, 03:17:04 AM »
(clears throat) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO even Gambit in this book is not enough for me to buy it, the first issue is terriable the art isnt good, the writings not good either

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2015, 03:32:07 AM »
Artist for issue is gonna be different .

I do not think that Gambit will be a villain. I think Duggan wants to bring back anti-hero Gambit which will be awesome.

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2015, 03:56:40 AM »
Man in all the Chaos and excitement over rogue and deadpool I forgot Quicksilver. Gambit and QuickSilver were fun together in ANZF....

This team has great potential if we can skip the overt Drama.... So many large personalities...

Out there thoght going back to the ANXF days which was the last we saw of Gambit. Would it be weird if Gambit had actually been with Polaris after he disappeared with the others at end of the ANXF and that massive gap pre and post SW? I would love to know what mischief he has been up to in the interim.

It seems between A Force, X-Men 92, and a few other spaces in the SW that Marvel is hitting the ROMY train pretty hard.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2015, 10:47:40 AM »
Yeah the return of Racky is a huge fear of mine.  So much work has been done on Gambit to clean him of being Rogue's story tool and now the danger is that he'll become a mopey ex boyfriend again.  Also I know solicits are just written up by some intern and we should never take them seriously but the friend or foe thing bothers me, I hope he isn't a villain to get beaten up by the Avengers while Rogue tries to talk him out of whatever it is he's doing.  At this point Gambit being a villain doesn't make sense. Like everybody says, anti-hero thief is fine.  But flat out villain...no it's just not in him.  

Yeah, that is my concern too.  I don't want a mopey ex boyfriend.  I want the cocky, charming character he is suppose to be, anti-hero and all..  Put the angst of the relationship on the back burner and keep it there.  There is more to Gambit than his past relationship, if all he is there for is romancing Rogue, then I will be disappointed.

Deadpool and QS being on the team and interacting with G should be great though or so I hope.  :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:52:43 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2015, 10:54:26 AM »
Yeah, that is my concern too.  I don't want a mopey ex boyfriend.  I want the cocky, charming character he is suppose to be, anti-hero and all..  Put the angst of the relationship on the back burner and keep it there.  There is more to Gambit than his past relationship, if all he is there for is romancing Rogue, then I will be disappointed.

Deadpool and QS being on the team and interacting with G should be great though or so I hope.  :)

Do you think he'll be a team member?  I thought so at first but then I figured he'd probably just be a quest star, since issue 3 is where the final member is supposed to show up.  I reckon he's there for an arc before buggering off. 

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2015, 11:00:26 AM »
Do you think he'll be a team member?  I thought so at first but then I figured he'd probably just be a quest star, since issue 3 is where the final member is supposed to show up.  I reckon he's there for an arc before buggering off. 

I think he'll be there for an arc and then leave.  All that was stated at NYCC was a "major role", which means he'll be apart of the story for that arc, not necessarily joining the team.  I think different wording would have been used if he was joining a team. 

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2015, 12:04:41 PM »
An awesome guest appearance arc might be the best thing for him.
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2015, 12:24:23 PM »
I think if it was a guest star appearance then solitics would mention it is a guest star appearence.
I think Gambit will appear in issue 3.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2015, 12:55:08 PM »

I am hoping he is not a team member but a recurring character who is at times at odds with the UA Agenda and at times when their goals align, he helps out the UA.  That would be the best use of him as head of the TG.  A Gambit that doesn't answer to anyone except his own conscience and his own organization as I am pretty much over Gambit towing the company line for anyone.

Set up that way and you could have some of the more straight laced UA team members hating him and then some of the more anti-hero types like DP, QS, and Rogue trying to play peacemaker of sorts between the their teammates and Gambit.

Of course that is probably too much to ask of Marvel.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2015, 01:04:24 PM »
I am hoping he is not a team member but a recurring character who is at times at odds with the UA Agenda and at times when their goals align, he helps out the UA.  That would be the best use of him as head of the TG.  A Gambit that doesn't answer to anyone except his own conscience and his own organization as I am pretty much over Gambit towing the company line for anyone.

Set up that way and you could have some of the more straight laced UA team members hating him and then some of the more anti-hero types like DP, QS, and Rogue trying to play peacemaker of sorts between the their teammates and Gambit.

Of course that is probably too much to ask of Marvel.

Now this idea, I like.  And would love for that to be the case! And it would make sense and fit the character really well.

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2015, 08:44:16 PM »
Fingers crossed guys?

Mine are.

Offline albahan888

• Master Thief
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2015, 11:21:37 PM »
Despite their apparent dislike for it (and continuity when it comes to it) they'll use Romy to sell books. It's very annoying but as I said before that seems to be Marvel's MO nowadays. Nothing will happen between them other than stupid cheap drama at best most likely because Rogue and Human Torch apparently have something going on.... Why?  ??? Well that still makes more sense than what Carey did I guess.

Also they probably don't ask that question in the solicitation if the answer isn't the opposite of what it should be which I think is friend because despite his thievery he generally does the right thing and he and Rogue should have some level of trust in each other. Instead he'll probably be a foe for some reason. I don't know anymore but my guess is it'll be good for the crowd who like Gambit as a bad guy and it'll probably bury him as a hero some more before sending him back into limbo but I really hope one of these times my negative feelings towards the things I used to just love at Marvel will be wrong.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2015, 07:02:57 AM »
Romy wont sell books its become a poison for both characters, in the 90's, sure a money maker, these days its a joke and hated more than loved and very rarely talked about positively,  just look at this site, this is the most anyone has mentioned Romy in a while