Author Topic: Best introduction to extraterrestrials in the X-Men films  (Read 879 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Best introduction to extraterrestrials in the X-Men films
« on: April 14, 2016, 11:37:25 PM »
With bigger villains like Apocalypse to debut, I don’t think it’s too far-fetched to believe that the X-Men aren’t too far away from dipping into their rich space adventure lore. The Brood, the Phalanx, the entire Shi’Ar Empire with races that number in the dozens or hundreds, the Starjammers; Fox should have access to a large chunk of it, if not all of it, especially combining the Fantastic Four rights to get ahold of the Skrulls even if just to flesh out the galactic landscape.

My question is; What is your preferred route of introducing the X-Men to the idea of aliens? A specific storyline, a combination of ideas, or perhaps an invasion movie focusing around either the Brood or Phalanx? What would you guys like to see put on the screen?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Best introduction to extraterrestrials in the X-Men films
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 11:38:23 PM »
Personally, I’d like to see X-Men having to deal with either the Phalanx or Brood invading the earth via mutant-integration (reason why the X-Men are dealing with them and not the entire world). Beating them back sends shockwaves throughout the galaxy and attracts the attention of the Shi’Ar Empire who now wish to add the Earth to their domain. They abduct the ones responsible for the defeat of the Brood or Phalanx and essentially put them through trials to see how far they’ve come. Aboard a massive spaceship traveling back to the Shi’Ar Empire, the X-Men basically become the representatives of the entire Human Race. Eventually they are rescued by Corsair and the Starjammers. The X-Men aid them in overthrowing Shi’Ar’s corrupt monarchy and reinstall Princess Lillandra as supreme leader. The X-Men are then returned to Earth; possibly short a member for emotional effect. Of course this would be way too much for one movie. So the first movie would be the more grounded invasion story, and the second the Shi’Ar abduction. The second movie would be teased during an after credit scene of the first.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Best introduction to extraterrestrials in the X-Men films
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 04:53:14 AM »
I would like to see Phalanx more. Never was a fan of brood.

I just afraid that huge army of villains would make action in X-Men looks like action in Avengers movies. A lot of villains that can do nothing for heroes.

That is why I liked DOFP so much.
Sentinels were really dangerous there.