Author Topic: X-Men Apocalypse  (Read 21572 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: X-Men Apocalypse
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2016, 11:42:24 AM »
I don't know how I would list these movies. I would have to think about it, but DoFP, and First Class were not all that great to me. I guess its how you see things.

DoFP - all it did was do a reset.

I still haven't seen Deadpool yet. Not sure when I'll get to it.

X1 was good, X2 and X3 .... they were okay.

I haven't watched "The Wolverine" all the way through, and I've tried. I get bored 30 minutes in and move on to something else. Origins was okay at best.

XMA - I actually enjoyed. Enough to watch it again. Which I guess is my standard for things. Though don't hold that in high regard, I watch lots of movies over and over .. because TV is just noise for me while I do other things. LOL

Wow you lumped X1 and X2 in with X3?! It's like... Like I don't even know you  :'(
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2016, 05:18:41 PM »
Wow you lumped X1 and X2 in with X3?! It's like... Like I don't even know you  :'(

Awwww. I base it on how easy it is for me to re-watch them.  I can easily re-watch X1. I find both X2 and X3 a bit more difficult to re-watch.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2016, 05:16:44 PM »
Hey guys, long time no post...

Neko, I think you would really enjoy Deadpool.  It's very different and 100% worth the 90 minutes of your time.  But I completely agree with The Wolverine.  People can say whatever they want about the acting or actors or source material for that movie.. It just bored me so easily.  I actually haven't seen Apocalypse yet.  I tend to enjoy all of the movies and I'm able to separate them from the source material. I'm not really too picky when it comes to changing things in the movies as long as it makes sense.  But I'm sure I'll enjoy Apocalypse.

I'll try to post more consistently... been tough with my internship, work, grad school, coaching and whatever else. I haven't forgotten about you guys.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2016, 05:24:15 PM »
Great to see you cc008 ;)
I agree with you.
Deadpool is really easy to watch and rewatch it.
For me it was like 15 minutes of action, then 15 mibutes of conedy, 15 minutes of romantic scenes plus some erotic and action again.
That is what I liked the most about Deadpool movie. It was a great mix of different things.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2016, 04:15:14 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2U0PgGtzM8

Honest Trailers - X-Men: Apocalypse

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2016, 07:39:58 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2U0PgGtzM8

Honest Trailers - X-Men: Apocalypse

LOL I was about to post this! Freaking hilarious. "Congratulations, you played yourself."
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2016, 10:28:26 AM »
That was hilarious. Gotta agree with some of the comments too. Especially about Mystique being a hero and leading the Xmen when she was a villain a few movies back. LMAO.

"At least we can all agree the third one is always the worst."

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2016, 10:57:46 AM »
LOL I was about to post this! Freaking hilarious. "Congratulations, you played yourself."

Hah) I liked the most part how Apocalypse was killing peoples in seconds and then never was using his powers again agains X-Men

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2016, 05:23:14 PM »
Hey guys, long time no post...

Neko, I think you would really enjoy Deadpool.  It's very different and 100% worth the 90 minutes of your time.  But I completely agree with The Wolverine.  People can say whatever they want about the acting or actors or source material for that movie.. It just bored me so easily.  I actually haven't seen Apocalypse yet.  I tend to enjoy all of the movies and I'm able to separate them from the source material. I'm not really too picky when it comes to changing things in the movies as long as it makes sense.  But I'm sure I'll enjoy Apocalypse.

I'll try to post more consistently... been tough with my internship, work, grad school, coaching and whatever else. I haven't forgotten about you guys.

Good to see you post! Deadpool is on my list of movies to watch. I just haven't done so yet but I do plan on it.  ;D

I liked the Apocalypse movie. My only thing and it was there before I saw the film was the importance of Mystique and JLaw. But I understand why studio went in the direction they went in and for those reasons its easy to overlook to a degree.

Good luck on all your stuff, you sound incredibly busy!

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2016, 06:56:54 PM »
I watched Apocalypse... It was good, I enjoyed it.  A decent successor to Days of Future Past, but nowhere near as awesome.  I'm glad the Xavier/Magneto/Mystique trilogy is over and we can get to more diverse movies now. (Deadpool 2, X-Force, New Mutants, Gambit, future X-Men films)
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2016, 07:34:04 PM »
^ Agreed. I also would like to see other characters get some attention in the films. It seems we've had a ton of Charles, Erik and Mystique.

Wolverine is in a lot too but not so much in the Days of Future Past trilogy.

X-Force should be fun or so I hope. And I hope Gambit's film gets rolling.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2016, 07:49:35 AM »
I'll take any characters at this point besides those 3. They bore me to death.. they always have. 

I thought Wolverine was used extremely well in the First Class trilogy though.. cameo in first class, uniting both timelines in DoFP (let's be honest, in the movie-verse, he's the only character that made sense in doing this), and an AMAZING cameo in Apocalypse (I though so anyway).  We knew it was coming because of the one tease in a trailer, but still... I loved that cameo.

I'm super curious to see what Deadpool 2 brings and how that is handled.  Given the success of the first movie, does it get a bigger budget? Does it introduce Cable and Domino and lead into X-Force? Does Gambit fit in to any of that anywhere? 

The one good thing about Deadpool v Gambit in the comics is now they have an established history and Gambit could very well show up with Deadpool on screen at some point. Which would be just delightful.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2016, 08:40:47 AM »
I do not like to be a negative one but I think that Wolverine cameo was bad in Apocalypse ;D

He were supposed to be crazy and mad in this cameo. All what I saw was a bad fighting.

I expected Logan to be really mad like animal. Smth crazy like scenes in Mad Max. But for me Apocalypse gave Wolverine only a one more bad fight in movie verse.

I am really excited about last Wolverine R rated movie. Maybe at the end they will finally do him justice.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2016, 09:37:12 AM »
I do not like to be a negative one but I think that Wolverine cameo was bad in Apocalypse ;D

He were supposed to be crazy and mad in this cameo. All what I saw was a bad fighting.

I expected Logan to be really mad like animal. Smth crazy like scenes in Mad Max. But for me Apocalypse gave Wolverine only a one more bad fight in movie verse.

I am really excited about last Wolverine R rated movie. Maybe at the end they will finally do him justice.

You were expecting "feral" Logan. When he was in the Weapon-X program, he wasnt feral. He was without conscious but still a trained black-ops agent. He was a madman, but not a wild animal. Its why when he escaped he was able to find himself again. It was brainwashing. Late 90s Wolverine was the "feral beast". I'd love to see that. Running on his hands and feets, overgrown bicuspids, drooling and roaring but still forming words.

But Gambit can fit because there's no definition as of yet. They can bring Gambit in as a young adult around the current X-Men's age, a twenty-something or even fully grown like Xavier, Mystique and Beast. Same with Rogue and I think this will happen sooner rather than later. If they ever plan to capitalize on the "Romy" nostalgia on the big screen, it'll have to be within the next couple iterations. The XTAS fanbase right now ranges from, I'd say 28-45 years of age, right now. Though XMA made money, it's very likely they are feeling pressure as fan response wasn't great and I'm sure that effected Blu-Ray/Digital/DVD sales.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2016, 12:25:04 PM »
You were expecting "feral" Logan. When he was in the Weapon-X program, he wasnt feral. He was without conscious but still a trained black-ops agent. He was a madman, but not a wild animal. Its why when he escaped he was able to find himself again. It was brainwashing. Late 90s Wolverine was the "feral beast". I'd love to see that. Running on his hands and feets, overgrown bicuspids, drooling and roaring but still forming words.

But Gambit can fit because there's no definition as of yet. They can bring Gambit in as a young adult around the current X-Men's age, a twenty-something or even fully grown like Xavier, Mystique and Beast. Same with Rogue and I think this will happen sooner rather than later. If they ever plan to capitalize on the "Romy" nostalgia on the big screen, it'll have to be within the next couple iterations. The XTAS fanbase right now ranges from, I'd say 28-45 years of age, right now. Though XMA made money, it's very likely they are feeling pressure as fan response wasn't great and I'm sure that effected Blu-Ray/Digital/DVD sales.

Yep, you understand me right.

Really I hope to see Gambit solo and then next X-Men movie in future. In future with new recasted Rogue. I want them to be in Deadpool timeline.
Not a fan of X kids)