Author Topic: CBR sold to Valnet Inc  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
CBR sold to Valnet Inc
« on: August 08, 2016, 11:08:35 AM »
I thought this was interesting.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/valnet-inc-acquires-comicbookresourcescom-300245157.html

On April 4, 2016, Jonah Weiland announced that Comic Book Resources had been sold to ValNet Inc., a company that is known for its acquisition and ownership of other media properties such as Screenrant.
- from Wiki

Not really sure if it means much or not. It could become a "news" site with no forum. Or it could stay the same.

Offline DonPriceTag

• The Mega
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: CBR sold to Valnet Inc
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 01:03:32 PM »
Wow... so they sold out. I would have too, and plan to with my companies lol. Bravo.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 02:00:13 PM »
I hope X-Positions will stay. I always liked that weekly interviews.

Offline DonPriceTag

• The Mega
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 02:07:55 PM »
I hope X-Positions will stay. I always liked that weekly interviews.

I doubt theyll change too much of the operations, but we might see a change in who handling the content, writers, media people etc.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 04:23:21 PM »
I doubt theyll change too much of the operations, but we might see a change in who handling the content, writers, media people etc.

Maybe they will finally do fine reviews ant not killing good books with 1 star reviews.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 04:34:37 PM »
One of the articles I found said the staff would stay and that how its operated would be the same - since this is really "new" relatively speaking, we wouldn't see changes for many months.

I think they'll keep cranking out articles and certainly they've taken more active stand with ScreenRant, since that is also owned by the same company now.

I think they'll try to be more social media oriented.

Offline Moonlight Nightmare

• X-Man
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 11:19:01 PM »
Kinda the way of things work now-a-days soon there would be nothing but different major company's owning online sites
Looking for my forever Gambit rper, message me :)