Author Topic: How this Red Skull Arc will end...  (Read 2983 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
How this Red Skull Arc will end...
« on: January 29, 2017, 03:48:02 PM »
By now, we all know that Rogue sends Deadpool to go get help in the forms of Gambit and Magneto.. This is cringe worthy all on it's own. But there has been muttering about Duggan's plan to insert some sort of love interest for Rogue beyond her fling with Human Torch, and he's insinuated that it's already begun. He was delighted that some have already picked up on it. It's been a while and with the arc and possibly the book ending, it's possible that editorial pumped the breaks and just axes it. However, let's assume it's now. If you're only casually following UA then you know the only person she's had a heart to heart with is Deadpool. Probably Duggan's favorite from the cast, and writers do have the tendency to pair Rogue with their favorite characters, at least as of late (she randomly gets paired with others such as; Colossus, Some guy Mystique tried to set her up with, The Sentry, off panel, Human Torch, off panel, future-Havok, off panel and of course Magneto, despite years of bitter opposition). The solicit for the finale of this arc (or book) spells out for a final splash page that is supposed to be their craziest yet. With the presence of Gambit, Magneto, and Deadpool with his comical and well-placed reaction to her request (to team up with her former boyfriends), do you think this is where the "love interest" will be displayed? I can envision a two page spread of Deadpool and Rogue in a torrid embrace with Gambit and Magneto are present witness alongside the rest of UA w/ for example Quicksilver and Cable.

What's you guys take on this?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: How this Red Skull Arc will end...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 03:53:44 PM »
I saw you posting at CBR about last splash page of Rogue and Deadpool kissing. I think you are right at this will happen at the end.

Even if UA will end, Duggan has unlimited issues od Deadpool solo to continie this romance.

Also i don't think that UA will end. It will be relauncehd with new #1 or get Secret Empire tie-ins to rise sales right after Skull Arc ending.

Also Rogue will be in Deadpool solo valentine's day issue.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 03:57:12 PM »
Well we know that Deadpool and Shiklah stay married past "To Death Do Us..." an upcoming Deadpool event where the two are going to throw down.

And we know that because of the Deadpool 2099 arc that just wrapped up. I don't see an actual romance between Rogue and Deadpool happening. I just don't.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 04:03:08 PM »
Well we know that Deadpool and Shiklah stay married past "To Death Do Us..." an upcoming Deadpool event where the two are going to throw down.

And we know that because of the Deadpool 2099 arc that just wrapped up. I don't see an actual romance between Rogue and Deadpool happening. I just don't.

Rogue is only repeating how Wade has surprised her. Then brainwashed Rogue near Skull is saying that she always knew that Deadpool won't let her to go fight Skull alone or smth like that.

And Deadpool told brainwashed Quicksilver that he would kill him to save Rogue and others.

Not friends but Rogue and others.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 04:25:14 PM »
Man you guys really dig into this stuff. He's a team member who treats his teammates like family because he learned in X-Force that they're the closest he'll ever be to family. If you want to think that this entire run is going to lead up to a splash page with the sole intent of jobbing Gambit by having Deadpool kiss Rogue, I can't stop you.  But I think Duggan is a better story teller than that and the book deserves a better ending than something like that.

I'd be pissed about it too for a handful of reasons. I just don't see it happening.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 04:36:52 PM »
Man you guys really dig into this stuff. He's a team member who treats his teammates like family because he learned in X-Force that they're the closest he'll ever be to family. If you want to think that this entire run is going to lead up to a splash page with the sole intent of jobbing Gambit by having Deadpool kiss Rogue, I can't stop you.  But I think Duggan is a better story teller than that and the book deserves a better ending than something like that.

I'd be pissed about it too for a handful of reasons. I just don't see it happening.

I dont think it'd be "jobbing", I think it'd be funny... That's all. I simply choose not to go into any story with Deadpool with logical expectations. I mean c'mon, He talks to us. He beat another man with a narration box. Besides, I'm justing taking the writer at his own suggestions. Not like I'm pulling this out of thin air.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:39:43 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 04:40:15 PM »
I dont think it'd be "jobbing", I think it'd be funny... That's all. I simply choose not to go into any story with Deadpool with logical expectations. I mean c'mon, He talks to us. He beat another man with a narration box.

Hahaha okay okay. My mistake then I thought you guys were saying it'd all be set up as a "suck it" to Remy. Which would totally stink.

And reading Deadpool is definitely an acquired taste. Duggan's made it easy with how serious he's been able to write him at times. Regardless of the tone, logic does get thrown out the window.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 05:19:34 PM »
Lol, no) I don't think that Gambit will be used as wallpaper at this splash page or all this will have smth to do with Gambit.
I just think that Duggan will pair Rogue with  Deadpool.

Also if Don is not right and splash page will be different... I think it will be a huge cosmic invasion on earth. Because of billions alliens that Ultron had killed.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 09:24:57 PM »
Hahaha okay okay. My mistake then I thought you guys were saying it'd all be set up as a "suck it" to Remy. Which would totally stink.

And reading Deadpool is definitely an acquired taste. Duggan's made it easy with how serious he's been able to write him at times. Regardless of the tone, logic does get thrown out the window.
Don't know enough about Dugan to know if he'd make gambit 'job' to deadpool. Dead pool is definitely his favorite. And he said he was going to write another love intrest for rogue and people had noticed it already. And dead pool is the only one rogue's talked too on a personal level. She's already been in deadpool solo, promised to help take care of his daughter, for crying out loud, is going to be there again for the valentines issue... You might be right, it might not happen, but nobody's digging for anything, it's right there,  ::)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 04:10:07 AM »
Don't know enough about Dugan to know if he'd make gambit 'job' to deadpool. Dead pool is definitely his favorite. And he said he was going to write another love intrest for rogue and people had noticed it already. And dead pool is the only one rogue's talked too on a personal level. She's already been in deadpool solo, promised to help take care of his daughter, for crying out loud, is going to be there again for the valentines issue... You might be right, it might not happen, but nobody's digging for anything, it's right there,  ::)

If that is the case than Duggan is doing what every other main writer has done that has gotten their hands on Rogue's character over the last 15 years.

My dislike of AU is that no matter what - Gambit is just support and a prop. We've been hosed already .... unless we get some great action scene and I mean with use of his powers, I just can't get excited about his upcoming appearance.

Though, I really wonder about the hat! LOL

edit: oops I meant UA ... like it makes a difference.  XD
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 05:23:37 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 05:06:20 AM »
If that is the case than Duggan is doing what every other main writer has done that has gotten their hands on Rogue's character over the last 15 years.

My dislike of AU is that no matter what - Gambit is just support and a prop. We've been hosed already .... unless we get some great action scene and I mean with use of his powers, I just can't get excited about his upcoming appearance.

Though, I really wonder about the hat! LOL

To be honest, I'm not even paying attention to when he's appearing.  It could be happening next week for all I know.  I know it wasn't necessarily Duggan's fault that the marketing team pulled the wool over our eyes but it made me lose faith, them using Gambit as a marketing tool (twice, the second time was also just a cameo).  And from what I've heard about this book...meh. 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 09:01:57 AM »
I know it wasn't necessarily Duggan's fault that the marketing team pulled the wool over our eyes but it made me lose faith, them using Gambit as a marketing tool...

LOL I really don't think that was his doing. He did all he could to temper our excitement without probably getting in trouble for compromising sales of the issue. I remember him downplaying it twice before the book went on sale. I believe he really didn't want to alienate us but it did happen. There was a lot of venom floating around after that issue, from the Gambit fans. Even non Gambit fans were like "that's not cool".
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:03:35 AM by DonPriceTag »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 11:22:59 AM »
LOL I really don't think that was his doing. He did all he could to temper our excitement without probably getting in trouble for compromising sales of the issue. I remember him downplaying it twice before the book went on sale. I believe he really didn't want to alienate us but it did happen. There was a lot of venom floating around after that issue, from the Gambit fans. Even non Gambit fans were like "that's not cool".

He really did. I remember him answering a lot of questions with "Just read the issue," or said things like "I just hope people read the issue," and so on..
Who Dat