Poll

Is CC guilty of high treason for leading the Guild astray?

Guilty, put em' through the trials!
Not Guilty, he was too deceived by the Duggan.

Author Topic: Uncanny Avengers #22  (Read 4753 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Uncanny Avengers #22
« on: April 05, 2017, 11:26:24 AM »
Uncanny Avengers 22 has Rogue and Deadpool making out she digs him

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
Uncanny Avengers #22
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 11:34:22 AM »
Uncanny Avengers 22 has Rogue and Deadpool making out she digs him

Sigh.

Why are Marvel writers obsessed with making Rogue get together with every guy she's on a team with ever?  

Is this Duggan's doing, by the way?  

Ah, just had a look to see what people are saying over on CBR, apparently Duggan hinted to somebody over that Rogue and Gambit would get back together.  Why's he gotta be a d*ck?  Is this is way of bullying people because somebody took his lunch money once and he's been harbouring residual anger ever since and this is his way of lashing out?  It's weird.  I don't think that any man could ever love a woman as much as Marvel hates its readers. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:41:30 AM by Spoonz »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Uncanny Avengers #22
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 11:44:17 AM »
Anyone have a scan. It's easier to debate when you can actually see what was in the book.

And I think it was hinted at for some time that she would be smooching DP ... seemed to take a long time to get there.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Uncanny Avengers #22
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 12:08:23 PM »
Wow... I wonder if anyone saw that coming?  ::)
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 12:17:24 PM »
LOL - nobody should have been surprised. While I know there was some who had hoped Gambit would make an appearance ..... I didn't believe a word from Duggan. He had baited the fan base more than enough. I'm glad I don't spend money with Marvel.

The kissing DP shouldn't be a surprise, its just later than expected. Since there was suppose to be some Valentine's thing in his own book with Rogue and that didn't happen. Probably because the kiss in UA had not happened yet.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 12:25:57 PM »
Why does Rogue keep getting paired with author's favorite character? Refer to signature... Never gets old, obviously.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 12:30:23 PM »
Sigh.

Why are Marvel writers obsessed with making Rogue get together with every guy she's on a team with ever?  

Is this Duggan's doing, by the way?  

Ah, just had a look to see what people are saying over on CBR, apparently Duggan hinted to somebody over that Rogue and Gambit would get back together.  Why's he gotta be a d*ck?  Is this is way of bullying people because somebody took his lunch money once and he's been harbouring residual anger ever since and this is his way of lashing out?  It's weird.  I don't think that any man could ever love a woman as much as Marvel hates its readers.  

He tweeted rogueisbae after she inquired about Gambit's inclusion in the coming issue. He said that he meant to include him earlier, but ran out of page space (you know, the space he gave to Spiderman and Wong) and that she'd be "happy" or "pleasantly surprised" or something along those lines with the outcome of UA... complete dick move but... oddly respectable. The sheer coldness and outright deception is... admirable. Or it just shows how much respect he has for his readers. effing a-hole... Perhaps now that shes stuck to DP, Gambit can finally get some action... and you know, not get shot down by background art.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 12:30:36 PM »
Maybe its just me ..... but the last few times has been near the writers end with a book.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 12:33:10 PM »
Maybe its just me ..... but the last few times has been near the writers end with a book.

...you're right. Only thing, DP is so popular and used so heavily at Marvel, this might actually stick for a while.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 12:43:26 PM »
I feel bad for Deadpool. That said, it won't be good for Rogue either. If it gets carried through, she'll be reduced to just girl friend material. I could be wrong. I doubt DP will lose his panel space and story just so that she gets any equal time as it were.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2017, 01:24:18 PM »
cc... Where are you? You told me Duggan wouldn't do this...  >:(

Show yourself!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 03:31:49 PM »
Dp eve says he will end up ruining her or something to that effect and shes all like im a big girl i can handle it, i just hope this doesn't have any impact on Gambit

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »
I don't want it to impact Gambit either, and I'm concerned his friendship with DP will be damaged.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 03:47:29 PM »
Dp eve says he will end up ruining her or something to that effect and shes all like im a big girl i can handle it, i just hope this doesn't have any impact on Gambit

I don't want it to impact Gambit either, and I'm concerned his friendship with DP will be damaged.

Oh, the way Marvel is handling their continuity, this might never even leave this book lol  ;)

But if there is a Vol.2 of Deadpool V Gambit, it'd be pretty damn funny.