Poll

Is CC guilty of high treason for leading the Guild astray?

Guilty, put em' through the trials!
Not Guilty, he was too deceived by the Duggan.

Author Topic: Uncanny Avengers #22  (Read 4283 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Uncanny Avengers #22
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 04:07:54 PM »
Oh, the way Marvel is handling their continuity, this might never even leave this book lol  ;)

But if there is a Vol.2 of Deadpool V Gambit, it'd be pretty damn funny.

True - that is another thing I noticed. Rogue's flings usually get ignored after a book changes writers or is ended.

You know what would be funny if ... DP and G .... shared a "type". LOL

See, I'm not always salty.  :P

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 04:10:11 PM »
Duggan has unlimited issues of Deadpool solo to continue his romance.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 04:14:15 PM »
Duggan has unlimited issues of Deadpool solo to continue his romance.

That's a good point. So it'll be probably carried on there with Rogue being Deadpool's chic. Duggan's going to have a ball with this... He legitimized his own fanfic that can go indefinitely until editorial steps in.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 04:15:53 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »
I don't want it to impact Gambit either, and I'm concerned his friendship with DP will be damaged.

I don't think that Gambit's friendship with Deadpool will be touched upon in any meaningful way.  Or Gambit's relationship with anybody that isn't Rogue.  I just don't want this to get mentioned by Gambit ever, at all, I want him to be done with Rogue! 

It's annoying how she gets a gazillion relationships and Gambit like, gets to kiss somebody once?  And he's the one who is still used as a plot device. 

But this whole DP Rogue thing, man, I don't even care at this point.  I'm not paying for this stuff. 

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 07:44:51 PM »
Wait a minute, Deadpool isn't better boyfriend material than Gambit.. what's going on here?  Oh right , It's a Marvel comic! I know my fellow Romy fans are disappointed today. Has Marvel really been able to set up a good romance in the last decade?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 08:04:02 PM »
Deadpool is still married too. LOL

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 08:54:25 AM »
Okay I'm here. Let me have it :(
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2017, 09:03:35 AM »
...you made certain promises CC. Emphatic ones. You told us, nay, assured us Duggan wouldn't take this route. Please explain to this court of Cardinals what happened, sir...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 10:33:23 AM »
I was wrong.

I put my faith in Duggan based on how he's handled certain favorite characters of mine and gave him the benefit of the doubt on several occasions regarding other favorite characters. I assured readers to give it a chance, that the level of trolling and lying and false promises wouldn't happen. And I was wrong. As a faithful Gambit fan and member of the Gambit Guild, I am sincerely sorry.  I'm not happy with how things turned out. I'm not happy as a Gambit fan and I'm also not entirely happy as a Deadpool fan either. As I've stated, Rogue can kiss whoever she wants. I don't really care. But I'm upset that we never saw Gambit again and I'm upset that now Deadpool is tied into this ridiculous Romy relationship puzzle that should have ended years ago.

Please don't shun me.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 10:34:57 AM by cc008 »
Who Dat

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 10:42:50 AM »
Hopefully with Deadpool involved Romy can end forever.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 11:08:39 AM »
I was wrong.

I put my faith in Duggan based on how he's handled certain favorite characters of mine and gave him the benefit of the doubt on several occasions regarding other favorite characters. I assured readers to give it a chance, that the level of trolling and lying and false promises wouldn't happen. And I was wrong. As a faithful Gambit fan and member of the Gambit Guild, I am sincerely sorry.  I'm not happy with how things turned out. I'm not happy as a Gambit fan and I'm also not entirely happy as a Deadpool fan either. As I've stated, Rogue can kiss whoever she wants. I don't really care. But I'm upset that we never saw Gambit again and I'm upset that now Deadpool is tied into this ridiculous Romy relationship puzzle that should have ended years ago.

Please don't shun me.

... what say you Guild? (made a poll lol)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 11:16:33 AM »
I will not be voting and will accept whatever the results are.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 11:56:28 AM »
Too cute you two. You had faith, and for good reason. Duggan has handled one of your favorites well. You were not given any reason to doubt based on that. :)

I say you were deceived by a writer who was clever.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 12:06:49 PM »
Yeah, I mean... during a time where there was a lot of Deadpool hate, he took the wheel and has been nothing but a blessing.  So I was hoping Gambit would receive similar treatment. And it sucks that now that's tangled up in this.  The kiss was whatever. Gambit not appearing when we were told, and were even lead on in the book when Rogue told Wade to get him, is very annoying.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2017, 01:19:19 PM »
Voted not guilty. CC was dugganed. I was in this camp who believed that Gambit would appear and do smth cool too :-[