Poll

Is CC guilty of high treason for leading the Guild astray?

Guilty, put em' through the trials!
Not Guilty, he was too deceived by the Duggan.

Author Topic: Uncanny Avengers #22  (Read 5396 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Uncanny Avengers #22
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2017, 02:19:53 PM »
There was plenty of misleading material. I understand how some were dugganed. Gambit hasn't really been featured in anything, so using words or shading to lead people on to purchase a book was clever.

Those who were more skeptical just didn't fall for it.

Nothing wrong with hoping or having faith, especially if you never felt burned by the writer.

Certainly the treatment of characters done well, brings in hope that other favorites will be treated well.

I think though at the end of the day - Duggan had no investment in Gambit. He wasn't a character that he wanted to write.

He didn't even use him when Rogue told DP to get G and Mags. Whether that was intentional or not ... it added to the misleading conduct.

Using the noun, gambit ... again ... another ploy.

The shaded image of Rogue kissing someone who looked to be wearing the beanie that Gambit suddenly started to wear. And item of clothing he's never worn before.  I would say was purposeful for the ending issues of UA.

How many comments were made in hopes that G was appearing, and not just the romy aspect. But the hopes of actually helping in the story.

When you look at UA as a whole under Duggan's pen - one long troll. :) I'm glad I never supported this writer or the UA title. :)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2017, 03:20:11 PM »
Right, my friend, I was going to click guilty because I love a bit of friendly shaming banter but I can't fault anybody for having hope! 

I have to admit, I had a glimmer of hope too, after Gambit's second appearance that maybe, just maybe, Duggan was going somewhere with the whole Red Skull/Gambit thing, maybe even getting Gambit and Rogue into a sort of sensible relationship, and that maybe, JUST MAYBE, it was Marvel's awful marketing team at fault and not Duggan himself.  I even deleted my tweet telling him it wasn't fair to Gambit fans because I felt bad. 

But the sceptical side of me would not be Dugganed!  It would not!  But sir, I'll be damned if I don't admire your trust and optimism!  I shall not condemn you for it!

In the case of CC, I rule for FREEEDOOOM!!! 

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 03:41:19 PM »
Didnt think anyone would vote guilty... I'm the one bringing him up on charges and I didnt even give him the thumbs down  ??? ... Oh, well. Purp! Prepare the gator pit, just in case!

On another note, those super fans over on CBR are really getting on my nerves.. even though I havent said a single word about Rogue the character, but the trend of male authors pairing her in every book she's in, and somehow I'm slut shaming?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 03:46:32 PM by DonPriceTag »
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2017, 04:21:28 PM »
Yeah, I saw that on CBR. I also saw the "sexist" card thrown at you too. Which is that poster's mo. Whenever they don't like someone's opinion, they're sexist. Grows old at CBR.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2017, 04:28:53 PM »
Didnt think anyone would vote guilty... I'm the one bringing him up on charges and I didnt even give him the thumbs down  ??? ... Oh, well. Purp! Prepare the gator pit, just in case!

On another note, those super fans over on CBR are really getting on my nerves.. even though I havent said a single word about Rogue the character, but the trend of male authors pairing her in every book she's in, and somehow I'm slut shaming?

Ok, bro) I think two voters just wanted to see a trial by kombat ;D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aEWb-gyThl8

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2017, 05:15:26 PM »
There was plenty of misleading material. I understand how some were dugganed. Gambit hasn't really been featured in anything, so using words or shading to lead people on to purchase a book was clever.

The shaded image of Rogue kissing someone who looked to be wearing the beanie that Gambit suddenly started to wear. And item of clothing he's never worn before.  I would say was purposeful for the ending issues of UA.

When you look at UA as a whole under Duggan's pen - one long troll. :) I'm glad I never supported this writer or the UA title. :)

Asmus and Mann had him wearing a beanie hate though so it was plausible

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2017, 05:27:16 PM »
Give me the gators and I'll respond with:

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Thanks for the votes of confidence everyone lol.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2017, 07:44:29 PM »
Asmus and Mann had him wearing a beanie hate though so it was plausible

He was also in the snow, where a hat might be a useful thing to have. :)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2017, 07:18:31 AM »
He was also in the snow, where a hat might be a useful thing to have. :)

in the snow and semi nude but keeping the hat on to keep his head warm...comic book logic  :D

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2017, 07:20:32 AM »
I was wrong.

I put my faith in Duggan based on how he's handled certain favorite characters of mine and gave him the benefit of the doubt on several occasions regarding other favorite characters. I assured readers to give it a chance, that the level of trolling and lying and false promises wouldn't happen. And I was wrong. As a faithful Gambit fan and member of the Gambit Guild, I am sincerely sorry.  I'm not happy with how things turned out. I'm not happy as a Gambit fan and I'm also not entirely happy as a Deadpool fan either. As I've stated, Rogue can kiss whoever she wants. I don't really care. But I'm upset that we never saw Gambit again and I'm upset that now Deadpool is tied into this ridiculous Romy relationship puzzle that should have ended years ago.

Please don't shun me.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2017, 10:35:30 AM »
in the snow and semi nude but keeping the hat on to keep his head warm...comic book logic  :D

Well, he shouldn't have survived Antarctica either shirtless and he didn't have a hat to keep him warm there! As you said, comic book logic. LOL

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2017, 03:36:07 PM »
Well, he shouldn't have survived Antarctica either shirtless and he didn't have a hat to keep him warm there! As you said, comic book logic. LOL

Never thought about that... Wow funny.

@#$$# left him in the snow shirtless. No, she dropped him in the snow shirtless. I get that she was being influenced at the time by his own hatred, but he was there for weeks. His influence had to turn off and what about the rest of the X-Men? They just wrote him off, then guilt trip him into coming back?

I'm going to go read my back issues... This is some BS. I'm mad all over again. Thanks a lot guys...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Initiate
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2017, 03:48:50 PM »
The whole influenced by 'his own hatred' thing always seemed weak to me. If they planned on using that excuse from the start, wouldn't they have given her Remy's red and black eyes? If nothing else, just to show that she wasn't fully herself.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2017, 04:30:24 PM »
The whole influenced by 'his own hatred' thing always seemed weak to me. If they planned on using that excuse from the start, wouldn't they have given her Remy's red and black eyes? If nothing else, just to show that she wasn't fully herself.

I have always thought the same thing. She had no mannerisms of his, not physical (eyes) or speech patterns. Both of which had been shown prior in the books when she had absorbed him. It was weak. They had to give her a hall pass because of fans being peeved off at what happened in UXM 350.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2017, 09:49:28 PM »
I have always thought the same thing. She had no mannerisms of his, not physical (eyes) or speech patterns. Both of which had been shown prior in the books when she had absorbed him. It was weak. They had to give her a hall pass because of fans being peeved off at what happened in UXM 350.

Well give the guys a break. This was their legit attempt at killing Gambit off. The whole "influenced by his as self-loathing" thing was shoehorned in when Editorial told them to bring Gambit back.