Author Topic: Iceman's Solo  (Read 3687 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Iceman's Solo
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 06:04:49 PM »
Okay ... cc008 .... what did you think of issue #2? Not sure what I think ... I haven't seen CBR yet and I don't want to ...

I think my issue is ... Bobby hasn't dealt with his "coming" out or how any of that played out .. its just glossed over and its a "is" ... instead of him actually thinking about it ... or how he felt ... or how he's coming to terms with himself. I don't see enough, maybe I'm wrong or I'm expecting more.

I'm sorry ... really Kitty ... wtf were you? Now, you care - where is the plight ....

Blah ... this book has 1 or 2 more issues and I won't care anymore.

Also I get the jokester stuff but when it comes across as lame, it stands out. "Lightbulb" .. really? Maybe I'm salty. I can handle that.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 12:34:25 PM »
I haven't read it yet.. but I plan on picking it up later today and then I'll be sure to post about it.

From what I'm hearing, Kitty still tries to make things all about her. Which really turns me off of a character I used to really enjoy(and have a comic-crush on, lol). 

The corny jokes don't really do it for me and in that regard, Grace has been hit or miss. The jab at Old Man Logan for being on every team was VERY clever and very Iceman-like. But a lot of the other jokes I've read fall super flat.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 12:30:03 PM »
https://news.marvel.com/comics/67543/iceman-parent-trap/

Interview with Sina Grace.

And this cover is for Iceman #6.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 08:49:15 AM »
The Champions... cute.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 09:40:21 AM »
Yeah .... I guess. I think due to awareness of Iceman's sexuality ... his placement on the cover is .... a tad amusing.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 12:10:23 PM »
Didn't see that... Isn't Hercules supposed to be sexually ambiguous as well? I know a version of him was in the 2nd vol of XXM.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2017, 12:15:25 PM »
I am not sure in regards to Hercules or his sexuality. I do remember him being with Wolverine in the book you mentioned.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2017, 01:43:02 PM »
Marvel is doing a 101 type thing on twitter with their characters

https://twitter.com/hashtag/Marvel101?src=hash

Iceman and Jean Grey have been featured.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 11:10:10 AM »
Love the Champions reunion. Hate that the only talk about it among most people is that Hercules is LGBT also so him and Bobby should bang.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Iceman's solo ending
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2017, 10:49:30 AM »
Iceman's book will be ending.

Message from Sina via twitter.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2017, 12:27:07 PM »
I never read the book, but I've heard from a lot of people that they didn't like how Grace handled him being gay. Like it felt like Bobby needed to let everyone know that he was gay in case the reader forgot. Any confirm? I was interested in this book and was going to pick up the trade but not if it's written like that.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2017, 12:36:36 PM »
To me, it felt like Sina was living and writing vicariously through Iceman. It never sounded like Bobby to me. All gay all the time during the book and it was just not for me.
Who Dat

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2017, 12:42:58 PM »
Damn  :-\  that's disappointing. Oh well, more money to put towards more Gambit stuff haha

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2017, 12:51:35 PM »
Damn  :-\  that's disappointing. Oh well, more money to put towards more Gambit stuff haha

It was disappointing. I felt like I needed to support it because it was an Iceman solo and it just got worse and worse with each issue I foolishly purchased.
Who Dat

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2017, 12:58:13 PM »
I've been there and I hate that feeling. Like, is it better to support a book like that despite its bad quality or is it better to not support it and let it be cancelled (in which case there wouldn't be another shot at a similar book for years)? I usually end up choosing the latter.