Author Topic: Astonishing X-Men  (Read 17442 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Astonishing X-Men
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 10:01:45 AM »
Astonishing Xmen #1 in stores on Wednesday July 19th.

Previews will probably be up tomorrow. :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 01:00:10 PM »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 04:24:31 PM »
Thanks Purplevit. Doesn't seem too bad so far. :)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 06:40:25 PM »
Nope.. I'm excited for it. Much more than Gold or Blue.
Who Dat

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2017, 07:27:02 PM »
I hate trade waiting. In semi-related good news, I might be getting Whedon's Astonishing run soon.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 07:29:08 AM »
I am still worried about Astonishing.

Soule told zero information in interviews that should make me interested in this book as Gambit fan.

Preview was not good as for Gambit fan. For some stupid reason Remy wasn`t able to steal smth and it seems his telepathy resistance is forgotten.

I really hope that Soule`s Gambit will surprise me but right now I am skeptical. Art is the only good thing about it so far.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 09:56:17 AM »
I'm not trying to play devil's advocate, but when was the last time Gambit's telepathy resistance was ever remembered? Over ten years ago? More?

Yeah okay him failing again at stealing is ridiculous, fair enough. But at least he is featured in a team book. This isn't a solo.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 10:20:32 AM »
I'm not trying to play devil's advocate, but when was the last time Gambit's telepathy resistance was ever remembered? Over ten years ago? More?

Yeah okay him failing again at stealing is ridiculous, fair enough. But at least he is featured in a team book. This isn't a solo.

Everyone can be a part of team book but not everyone can do a good solo.
I will always prefer solo over tem book for Gambit.

As for telepathy resistance, main villain is a telepath. Writer should check if his characters can avoid influence.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:24:20 PM by purplevit »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 11:08:14 AM »
If given the choice, I'd actually prefer reading Gambit (and Deadpool) in team books. Granted they were featured well and not just wallpaper. If that were the case, then yes, give me the solos.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 11:16:04 AM »
Thing that Gambit wasn`t able to steal smth at the beginning of preview is bothering mr the most.

Why to show character in negative way that he was incompetent when you can easily show him as fine thief with the same amount of panels.
I hope Gambit won`t be used to show how cool is Fanto.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2017, 08:56:28 AM »
So... If I remember correctly, the Shadow King is being contained by Psylocke. Has that changed since "Psi-Wars"?  Didn't she die since then? XXM happened after that arc, right? I will say they gave a us a huge "preview" I say we've seen about 1/3 of the first issue so far.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2017, 09:42:24 AM »
Good memory. I forgot she was containing the Shadow King. Then again, Marvel doesn't seem to care that much about continuity.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 07:55:01 AM »
So... If I remember correctly, the Shadow King is being contained by Psylocke. Has that changed since "Psi-Wars"?  Didn't she die since then? XXM happened after that arc, right? I will say they gave a us a huge "preview" I say we've seen about 1/3 of the first issue so far.

Yes she died after Psi-Wars and Shadow King has been back since in Uncanny X-Force, theres no continuity in the comics at all, maybe they are going to forget her death and the events of UXF and have Psylock still tied to Shadow King

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2017, 03:04:03 PM »
It was good. As in good enough to keep me interested. There will be one romy line that will get eaten up I'm sure. More of a flirt thing.

Fanto and Gambit are working together, its a business arrangement and I find that it works for this beginning story arc.

Interesting how Bishop described Rogue's power effects, since I don't recall her absorption detailed like this and makes more sense than some of other stuff over the years.

I only read the parts with Gambit and few extra panels.

I'll get to more about this issue in a few and will do some scans. With the Gallery down ... I'll use the attachment or link method. :)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2017, 03:34:44 PM »
It was a good X-Men issue and terrible for Gambit.
Hated it.
Gambit is there just to be trolled by Fanto.
Gambit and Fanto don't work together. Gambit owes Fanto a debt and Fanto wants it back.