Author Topic: Astonishing X-Men  (Read 20257 times)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
Re: Astonishing X-Men
« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2018, 09:54:37 AM »
Is anyone else still reading this? (I'm guessing not since the last issue came out a couple weeks ago and there's been no one talking about it  :laugh: ) I finally got around to reading Issue 11 a couple days ago and it was pretty solid. Gambit even actually did something haha (although, I'm not sure it made sense with his powers). For the most part it's still just focused on X and Psylocke with the rest of the cast doing things here and there.

The issue had a pretty cool little cliffhanger. (I was kinda sleep deprived when I read it so I may be getting it wrong). Basically, the Shadow King was still inside X the entire time, and during the fight with Proteus, he was able to break out of X's body. It's not completely clear if he was posing as Xavier the entire time or not or if he was just inside him still.

Either way, looking forward to the final issue!

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #301 on: May 17, 2018, 11:24:57 AM »
Is anyone else still reading this? (I'm guessing not since the last issue came out a couple weeks ago and there's been no one talking about it  :laugh: ) I finally got around to reading Issue 11 a couple days ago and it was pretty solid. Gambit even actually did something haha (although, I'm not sure it made sense with his powers). For the most part it's still just focused on X and Psylocke with the rest of the cast doing things here and there.

The issue had a pretty cool little cliffhanger. (I was kinda sleep deprived when I read it so I may be getting it wrong). Basically, the Shadow King was still inside X the entire time, and during the fight with Proteus, he was able to break out of X's body. It's not completely clear if he was posing as Xavier the entire time or not or if he was just inside him still.

Either way, looking forward to the final issue!

the Xavier Shadow King in this book reeks of Yu-Gi-Oh! every time one of them is winning or thinks they have the upper hand its like "ah ha you fell for my trump card"

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #302 on: May 17, 2018, 12:36:13 PM »
the Xavier Shadow King in this book reeks of Yu-Gi-Oh! every time one of them is winning or thinks they have the upper hand its like "ah ha you fell for my trump card"

Ha! That's such a great way to put it. And it kinda makes sense with how the whole first half of the book showed Xavier and SK playing chess. It's like one of them thinks they're 2 steps ahead of the other at any moment.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
What would you like to see in Astonishing X-Men?
« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2018, 09:58:23 AM »
Assuming Astonishing X-Men really is an anthology series that after a specific amount of issues jumps from one creative team and cast to another; what would you like to see in it? We know what's coming next with Dazzler, Havok, Warpath, Beast, and Colossus. What other ideas, casts and creative teams would you like to see explored?

Someone over on CBR brought up the idea of a Bishop/ Sage detective-mystery, which I would certainly be into. But only for like 4 to 5 issue run. Nothing long, as I doubt it'd hold attention for a long period of time.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2018, 04:03:15 PM »
I like the idea of it featuring different characters every arc. That's almost what it became in the original volume. Until Liu came on and sort of took over for a while with a steady team. I think the X-Men should have a book like that though. There are so many mutants that have so many fans, an arc in a book like Astonishing X-Men would be cool.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2018, 05:31:27 AM »

I would like smth like this. Inspired by Mass Effect a lot

Secret enemy is kidnaping mutants all over the world. Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, Bishop, Deadpool and Beast with Forge teams up due to circumstances to save them.

Beast figures out that their enemy is an Ancient race from space that collects mutants and takes x gene from them.

Team goes on Forge`s spaceship to space into hiden worlds to save mutants.

А lot of spaseship battles. Then on aliens base X-men figures out that Space is dying and Ancient Darkness is Eating worlds and planets. Aliens who kidnaped mutants for X Gene were tring to create X Gene weapon to destroy that Ancient Darkness and save the world from it. Because only mutants are immuone to Darkness.

Team figures out that all mutants without X gene on space base is dead.

Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke and Forge wants to destroy base immediately. Beast, Bishop and Wade want to use mutant weapon to destroy Darkness. at first and later to detroy alien base.

Aliens attack them and they have no choice except to fight back and destroy base. Base is destroyed but Rogue is kidnapped by aliens.

X Gene materel is gone. Aliens is using Rogue and her absorbing powers with some tech to kill Ancient Darkness. Rogue won`t survive it. X-men are infiltrating base. Gambit is saving Rogue and using his powers with aliens tech to create huge bomb that slows down Ancient Darkness and destgroys aliens. Deadpool is using his regenerate powers to bring Rogue back to life.

X-Men returns on Earth. They have a limited time to save it from Darkness. Psylocke finds telepathically anomaly and use Bishop`s help and other X-Men to travell in time.

To save Earh they need to find and use as Weapon the most powerfull mutant who erased himself from time and space because he was too damn good for that wolrd - Legion!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 05:37:00 AM by purplevit »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #306 on: May 21, 2018, 02:17:06 PM »
I would like smth like this. Inspired by Mass Effect a lot

Secret enemy is kidnaping mutants all over the world. Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke, Bishop, Deadpool and Beast with Forge teams up due to circumstances to save them.

Beast figures out that their enemy is an Ancient race from space that collects mutants and takes x gene from them.

Team goes on Forge`s spaceship to space into hiden worlds to save mutants.

А lot of spaseship battles. Then on aliens base X-men figures out that Space is dying and Ancient Darkness is Eating worlds and planets. Aliens who kidnaped mutants for X Gene were tring to create X Gene weapon to destroy that Ancient Darkness and save the world from it. Because only mutants are immuone to Darkness.

Team figures out that all mutants without X gene on space base is dead.

Gambit, Rogue, Psylocke and Forge wants to destroy base immediately. Beast, Bishop and Wade want to use mutant weapon to destroy Darkness. at first and later to detroy alien base.

Aliens attack them and they have no choice except to fight back and destroy base. Base is destroyed but Rogue is kidnapped by aliens.

X Gene materel is gone. Aliens is using Rogue and her absorbing powers with some tech to kill Ancient Darkness. Rogue won`t survive it. X-men are infiltrating base. Gambit is saving Rogue and using his powers with aliens tech to create huge bomb that slows down Ancient Darkness and destgroys aliens. Deadpool is using his regenerate powers to bring Rogue back to life.

X-Men returns on Earth. They have a limited time to save it from Darkness. Psylocke finds telepathically anomaly and use Bishop`s help and other X-Men to travell in time.

To save Earh they need to find and use as Weapon the most powerfull mutant who erased himself from time and space because he was too damn good for that wolrd - Legion!

Something I always wanted to see was Gambit be something of a space scoundrel. This would probably delight him, being something of a trekkie himself. I could see him making a lot of Solo and Jean Luc puns. Probably a great path to explore using his powers in more inventive ways.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #307 on: May 21, 2018, 03:40:34 PM »

Something I always wanted to see was Gambit be something of a space scoundrel. This would probably delight him, being something of a trekkie himself. I could see him making a lot of Solo and Jean Luc puns. Probably a great path to explore using his powers in more inventive ways.

Space scoundrel works for me. I remeber Bunn told that he wanted Space X-Men book with Gambit in it. But he ended up doing Uncanny with Magneto.