Author Topic: Astonishing X-Men  (Read 5555 times)

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Astonishing X-Men
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2017, 05:14:26 PM »
I think right now artists is drawing issue 5 or 6 maximum.

It seems McNiven will draw issue 7 for Legacy but I doubt that artists for issues 8-12 are already figured.
Also schedules may change.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2017, 07:46:13 PM »
That's what I'm saying. Just used #10 as an example to show how far away that issue is.
Who Dat

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2017, 11:48:51 PM »
I think they have all twelve figured out. They've mentioned having to schedule everyone so they could work on whatever main project they were doing and still do their issue (Pacheco on Cable, Land on Hulk, Garney on Daredevil, etc.). We already know nine of them and we can guesses about who else is involved.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2017, 08:09:11 AM »
So if RYV is Stegman's "main project," wouldn't he be able to be scheduled for a future issue?

I'm not saying he is confirmed to be drawing an issue. Just that it's not impossible.
Who Dat

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2017, 05:21:26 PM »
He's also writing RYV. But, each artist also draws the cover for their issue. I think he's just the only artist that isn't "covers only" that still did a variant. He probably did the variant because they asked him to do an issue and he couldn't fit it into his schedule.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2017, 06:47:12 AM »
Okay now I know I'm really, REALLY late to the party here but I've finally managed to pick this up and read it.  And honestly I don't know why some people think Gambit came off badly.  I thought this was a great issue, Gambit included. 

Regarding his relationship with Fanto, it's exactly as I would expect it to be if these two found themselves working together.  People say Gambit was getting trolled, he wasn't getting trolled, Fantomex was just being a complete a**hole to him, and other characters even acknowledge this in a way, like Wolverine and Betsy.  They call him out on his behaviour.  Gambit, on the other hand, just sort of brushes it off because he's above it. I think that's done very deliberately. During the fight scene, Fanto is posturing and gloating, and Gambit is just being cool and collected and getting on with the job.  He definitely doesn't back down from Fanto at all.  The thing between Gambit and Fanto seems like it's getting set up as a major plot point.  What other characters are getting that? 

Now, if Gambit comes out of it worse off then that won't be good.  So yeah it could go either way but the way Fanto is acting and getting called out by other characters, I can see him getting set up for a fall. 

Although Gambit sort of agreeing being a common thief annoyed the heck out of me.  I'm not sure Soule has read Asmus' run.  Or any Gambit solo runs.  Gambit is of a waaaaay higher pedigree than Fanto, it's just a fact.  Even the solicits for his solo said he's Marvel's premiere thief, what happened to that?

My main criticism and the bit that made me sort of fling my hands up in frustration though was Gambit and Rogue.  Firstly, Gambit pining over her again, jeez dude ENOUGH!  And also, why was Rogue being so outright hostile towards him?  She basically looks down her nose at him when he shows up.  That comes right out of nowhere and actually annoyed me.  They're supposed to be on good terms, both of them being too mature to be nasty towards the other.  Even though Rogue's decisions lately have been uh...questionable. 

But yeah.  Overall very good.  Now let's see if it stays that way, I'm remaining cautious. 

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2017, 10:01:22 AM »
Gambit wasn't above this in dialogue with Fanto.
He was just staying with sad face.

The only potential reason for Remy not to reply to Fanto was that he had being afraid that Fanto will tell everyone what his Debt really is. Gambit looked like Fanto's slave in first issue.
I hope next issues Gambit will be more useful and he will blow up Fanto's head.

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2017, 02:12:05 AM »
Pic from Astonishing #3
[/size][/color]
[/size][/color]

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2017, 03:22:26 AM »
I like new artist every issue idea. It is interesting to see how different artist are drawing Gambit.

It seems entire first arc or most of it Gambit will be on astral plane.

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2017, 05:23:57 PM »
...and a wild Mystique appears!

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2017, 02:14:53 AM »

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2017, 06:50:15 AM »
That's cool, interested to see where this is going. 

Although I wish Gambit would stop saying "Me" when he's referring to something about himself, know what I mean?  Like, "that's all I ask, me".  Dude.  Stop it. 

So I guess they're gonna see stuff on the stage that's gonna make them upset with each other?  Whose ready for Gambit/Rogue dirty laundry re-treading? 

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2017, 08:10:11 AM »
I hope I can get that one variant, Gambit actually looks good artwise.

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2017, 02:50:17 AM »
Mark Panicciaā€¸: Here's a tease for you Gambit and Rogue fans from #ASTONISHINGXMEN #4

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHOXlX6XcAAzCKm.jpg:large
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 08:10:37 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2017, 08:11:00 AM »
Nice image!