Author Topic: Astonishing X-Men  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
Re: Astonishing X-Men
« Reply #120 on: August 18, 2017, 02:58:02 AM »
Asmus said that his intention was to show they definitely did it. Except in real life she was actually a granny. Poor Gambit can't catch a break!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #121 on: August 18, 2017, 07:08:03 AM »
Don't forget Candra!!! Our boy is a "cub" and has a thing for older ladies.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »
Gambits like "dont care had sex"  :P

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2017, 09:08:44 AM »
Gambits like "dont care had sex"  :P

I know right!! And we want him to have sex!!! He's been celibate for far too long.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2017, 10:26:42 AM »
I know right!! And we want him to have sex!!! He's been celibate for far too long.

not off panel, sounds like he's having a hell o f a good time off panel

Offline wantutosigh

• Thief
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2017, 12:09:47 PM »
Honestly, I find it interesting that there seems to be a trend for these types of women having sexual feelings for Gambit. Like I said, they are still in their physical and sexual primes who are powerful but have older/learned souls. In at least two of the instances Gambit didn't know this at all. So it's not like it's weird like he's chasing this fetish or something. At this point it kind of seems like that type is attracted to him. I don't know, I just kind of find it interesting after the reveal of Mystique in this last issue.

I also like this reveal because after all this time, and given Gambit's nature, I would have expected Gambit to have bedded another well known and established X-Men/Marvel female at this point. I guess Mystique makes sense given their history and she's tried to have sex with him under false pretenses before.

PS. I heard that Polaris made an appearance in X-Men Blue. It'd be nice if those two wound up in a book together again at some point.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2017, 03:10:45 PM »
not off panel, sounds like he's having a hell o f a good time off panel

I guess if that is the only way to have some fun, he needs to be "off panel" always. LOL

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2017, 02:27:23 AM »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2017, 02:28:06 AM »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2017, 01:57:26 PM »
https://img.purch.com/h/1400/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMDYvNDgxL29yaWdpbmFsL0FTVFhNMjAxNzAwNV9jb3ZfY29sLmpwZz8xNTAzNDE3NDYy

ASTONISHING X-MEN #5[/color][/size]CHARLES SOULE (W) • RAMON ROSANAS (A/C)Character Variant Cover by TBATHE LIFE OF X CONTINUES!• The SHADOW KING and CHARLES XAVIER continue their twisted game in the ASTRAL PLANE, competing for the very lives of GAMBIT, ROGUE, OLD MAN LOGAN, FANTOMEX and MYSTIQUE.• And back in the real world, this game is leaving lasting repercussions as PSYLOCKE, BISHOP and ANGEL attempt to defend LONDON from Shadow King’s psychic attacks.• With two of their allies fallen, can Xavier rally his X-Men for one final push against their foe?32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99[/color]

Offline jsremy

• Guild Initiate
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2017, 11:36:26 PM »
Gambit and Rogue from AXM 4

https://twitter.com/MarkPaniccia/status/899765573659246593

Whaaaaaaat?! I will not be fooled in the ROMY ship boat. It has gone down plenty of times.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2017, 10:21:51 AM »
I don't think there is anything going on, they kind of stated last issue they weren't together.

The art looks nice.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2017, 03:36:27 PM »

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2017, 04:40:19 PM »
Haven't really said anything about this issue.. but I know it's been brought up everywhere.

Just really disappointed that in a 12 issue maxi-series, Soule decided to spotlight a character who has his own solo and is showing up everywhere else.

I'm sure it'll be good and Ed McGuinness' art will look nice. But it stinks that we have to waste an issue on a character that is already getting an ongoing spotlight every month.
Laissez le bon temps rouler

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2017, 05:31:49 PM »
Haven't really said anything about this issue.. but I know it's been brought up everywhere.

Just really disappointed that in a 12 issue maxi-series, Soule decided to spotlight a character who has his own solo and is showing up everywhere else.

I'm sure it'll be good and Ed McGuinness' art will look nice. But it stinks that we have to waste an issue on a character that is already getting an ongoing spotlight every month.

Agreed. Here you have a cast that isn't really featured anywhere together and the one character doted on is the one who doesn't need any attention.