Author Topic: Astonishing X-Men  (Read 9946 times)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
Re: Astonishing X-Men
« Reply #225 on: November 11, 2017, 11:10:28 AM »
um maybe the reason Logan and gambit got left to SK is because they would have the strongest telepathic resistance out of everyone on the astral plane and they will break his hold by themselves, Xavier giving the impression that he is losing his X-men when infact  he is distracting SK...maybe i dunno

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #226 on: November 11, 2017, 11:11:52 AM »
Just a small Astonishing theory.I think real Gambit and Logan minds are inside Xavier. In issue 3 we saw how Xavier like put inside of him small pic of fight wih Logan. Their mind`s in Shadow Kings net are illussions by Xavier.Maybe Rogue, Fanto and Mystique will be really a distaction and Logan with Gambit will be used for last attack as surprise.Or maybe not and Rogue, Fanto and Mystique will just save the day.

Offline bark_no_byte

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #227 on: November 13, 2017, 10:48:57 AM »
Just a small Astonishing theory.I think real Gambit and Logan minds are inside Xavier. In issue 3 we saw how Xavier like put inside of him small pic of fight wih Logan. Their mind`s in Shadow Kings net are illussions by Xavier.Maybe Rogue, Fanto and Mystique will be really a distaction and Logan with Gambit will be used for last attack as surprise.Or maybe not and Rogue, Fanto and Mystique will just save the day.

I'd love for this to be true. I'm thinking that Xavier let them be taken because he knew both of them would be able to handle themselves (especially Logan with his healing) against the military, but maybe that doesn't make a ton of sense since SK is in control.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #228 on: November 30, 2017, 01:36:20 PM »

Offline Meliorist

• Master Thief
« Reply #229 on: November 30, 2017, 03:39:41 PM »
Ahh, I guess those little touches back in issue 4 were significant, not the first time that an innocuous touch between Gambit and Rogue has been part of the plan.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2017, 07:31:35 AM »
Astonishing spoilers: Xavier is happy that Rogue (changes with every touch), Mystique (shapeshifter) adn Fanto (master of illusions) are fighting SK.All other (Psylocke, Bishop, Angel) are too contoled and to rigid to fight SK on astral plane. Logan has codes and self-contol and grief. He knows what he is too well for Astral plane.Gambit so ensconced in the glamour of being The King of Thieves that he will not allow himself to become anything else.Xavier was the one to kill SK.Possessed Gambit had one cool moment. He dodged knives of Archangel and cathced a few of them. Charged them and threw them back into Archangel.Soule is using Gambit powers in cool way.So, Xavier let SK possess Gambit and it has nothing to do with Rogue or that Gambit wanted sex. Xavier didn`t wanted Gambit and Logan to fight SK on astral plane cause thougt they were not good for fight on Astral plane.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:44:28 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2017, 10:02:56 AM »
If someone could provide a scan of Gambit catching and throwing blades, that is all I want. I'm not going to buy this issue.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2017, 03:22:58 PM »
Ofcourse boss :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2017, 05:01:09 PM »
Thanks. :)

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #234 on: December 07, 2017, 01:36:24 AM »
The really, really, REALLY sad thing is that those panels are so badass.  That's possibly Gambit at his absolute best in ages just in that one page, and he's possessed. 

Sigh. 

Also I'm not really sure that gels with me, Gambit being really into the glamour of being King of Thieves.  At the end of the solo he chose not to be the official leader because he didn't want to be in the spotlight.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #235 on: December 07, 2017, 05:45:43 AM »
Xavier played everyone as chess.

My biggest problem with all this was how Gambit got possessed. I was afraid that he got possessed because he fell after Rogue on Astral plane. Now when we know why Xavier left Gambit and Logan, I am ok with possession.Xavier would never break free if Rogue, Mystique and Fanto won`t attack SK in last fight.At the same time Xavier would never break free if Logan and Gambit wasn`t possessed cause they took most Farouk`s attention.At the end SK was looking only through Gambit and Logan`s eyes and were not interested in game with Xavier or about his trio.Could be better? Definetely. But overall I liked arc.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:34:53 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #236 on: December 07, 2017, 07:54:33 AM »
The really, really, REALLY sad thing is that those panels are so badass.  That's possibly Gambit at his absolute best in ages just in that one page, and he's possessed. 

Sigh. 

Also I'm not really sure that gels with me, Gambit being really into the glamour of being King of Thieves.  At the end of the solo he chose not to be the official leader because he didn't want to be in the spotlight.

It doesn't sit well with me either. Yes, Gambit looked bad ass, and it was his powers, his skill set, but he wasn't the one in control of him. It makes me think of RSGambit who knew how to use Gambit's powers but wasn't actually him.

And the "glamour" as we're calling it, the story had to have something, and for what it was it worked. I question the choice of story element, Gambit is a character who has been leader on and off for years and in the organization his entire life, would that really be the thing to distract him? Or his greatest desire or whatever the glamour was suppose to do for a distraction.

As for playing everyone as chess, I liked the concept.

I know some think it was well written, and I won't debate that, but I will say, I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2017, 08:03:48 AM »

I know some think it was well written, and I won't debate that, but I will say, I'm glad I didn't buy it.

I understand this. I can easily enjoy this book as X-Men fan but as Gambit fan I am always struggle.

Offline bark_no_byte

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #238 on: December 11, 2017, 11:43:36 AM »

I understand this. I can easily enjoy this book as X-Men fan but as Gambit fan I am always struggle.

My thoughts exactly. When I take off my hat as a Gambit fan, I am really enjoying it, but otherwise it just kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Hopefully he gets a chance to shine in this next arc

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #239 on: December 13, 2017, 06:20:38 AM »