Author Topic: Astonishing X-Men  (Read 9744 times)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
Re: Astonishing X-Men
« Reply #240 on: December 13, 2017, 07:56:24 AM »
Glad it's being included in Legacy for the second act. Gambit's pose is cool on that one page too.
Who Dat

Offline bark_no_byte

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #241 on: December 13, 2017, 02:27:36 PM »
Cool! What exactly is it, though?

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #242 on: January 03, 2018, 09:23:05 AM »
Astonishing #7 was bad. Gambit and Logan were afraid to fight Archangel. Gambit asked Logan any tips for fight because previous fight wasn`t good for them and Logan told just survive becuase it is Angel od Death.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #243 on: January 03, 2018, 11:16:26 AM »
it wasnt bad just so meh, i wish that writers remembered that Gambit was too a horseman

Offline Meliorist

• Master Thief
« Reply #244 on: January 03, 2018, 04:26:58 PM »
Just read #7 and yeah, pretty meh. I think the Gambit, Logan, Archangel scene had more to do with Gambit and Logan not willing to use lethal force on Archangel when they know they can get Warren back.

The entire book felt like Xavier the Deus Ex Machina and that was the extent of it. The reveal lacked any impact, possibly because Xavier X, spent all his screen time hand waving problems away.

Maybe the rushed feel for #7 is because it is a breather book for the writer to get his bearings?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #245 on: January 04, 2018, 08:15:39 AM »
A breather book? LOL, love your positivist view. This writer has always known from the beginning, that this book was 12 issues and done. Every issue should be of some merit with a finite set of issues. There really should not be a breather issue. LOL. IMO, of course. :)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #246 on: January 04, 2018, 12:13:29 PM »
I agree. Soule should have this book humming along with zero down time. It should go from one beat to another. Having known it has a 12 book limit the story should be super tight and to the point.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #247 on: January 04, 2018, 12:22:34 PM »
We were promised cast and not team. And we have only Xavier solo. Like X-Men legacy

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #248 on: January 04, 2018, 12:30:55 PM »
We were promised cast and not team. And we have only Xavier solo. Like X-Men legacy

Well that's probably why Soule said it that way. Because it is an ensemble cast, with the professor in the lead role.
Who Dat

Offline bark_no_byte

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #249 on: January 08, 2018, 11:09:29 AM »
Just read this last night. Felt like a filler issue to me for sure, which, as Neko pointed out, is crappy for a 12 issue limited series. I was also pretty disappointed bc I love Noto's work and was excited to see him draw Gambit only to see it for like 2 pages and none of it was action at all.

Also, anyone else find some of Xavier's dialogue kinda cringey? "Please, call me X." Feels forced imo

Offline anya

• Horseman
« Reply #250 on: January 08, 2018, 08:24:25 PM »
I think he's still talking in black speech bubbles too, not to be trusted.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2018, 03:30:15 AM »
ASTONISHING X-MEN #10 CHARLES SOULE (W) • ACO (A/C)A MAN CALLED X Part 4Evil doesn’t always know it’s evil. Proteus has a wonderful gift for the world – all he needs is a little time for the finishing touches. The X-Men race north to stop him, and choose their field commander for the battle to come. It’s the mutants unleashed at last, fighting Proteus’ army for the fate of the planet. Evil doesn’t always know it’s evil.32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 08:59:39 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2018, 08:11:35 AM »
What purpose is Mystique serving again?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #253 on: January 24, 2018, 08:55:55 AM »
What purpose is Mystique serving again?

Love interest for Fanto. So he can refuse of future with Mystique LOL(illusion with them dancing in issue 5) to sacrifise himself and help Xavier.
The same way with Gambit. Remy was used to show how jerk is Fanto so then we will know that trully Fanto has a heart of gold >:(

It changes size of text again.

Offline bark_no_byte

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #254 on: January 24, 2018, 09:57:47 AM »
The AXM covers have been pretty hit or miss for me, but I love this one