Poll

If Gambit was to have a new romance with an established Woman of Marvel... Who would you choose?

Black Widow
Blink
Dazzler
Domino
Elektra
Emma Frost
Jean Grey
Jubilee
Kitty Pryde
Mystique
Polaris
Psylocke
Rachel Grey
Storm
X-23
other

Author Topic: Who would you choose to be in a NEW relationship with Gambit?  (Read 2295 times)

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Ally
Forget about what's going on with them now and just go with a a dream pairing OR use current continuity to influence your decision. Whatever. Point is to pick whoever you like the best in this situation. Rogue is not on there because the idea is to go with an established character that is both fresh and new yet familiar. I have a lot of choices there but feel free to mention anyone else.

Pick 2: Your #1 choice and then your back-up choice or one that could be interesting.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Who would you choose to be in a NEW relationship with Gambit?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 06:16:21 PM »
I can't believe Sage wasn't on the list *wink*

I picked Polaris and Black Widow. Polaris has been my fav for him since the WATXM episode. I think Black Widow would be great for him ... they do shady things out of necessity and I think they'd be fun together.

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 09:49:15 PM »
I'd be a fan of a Polaris relationship.

But I'm hoping something happens with Psylocke in the new Ashtonishing book.   Probably a long shot with Rogue hanging out with the team, but that's always been my dream pairing.

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 10:05:23 PM »

But I'm hoping something happens with Psylocke in the new Ashtonishing book.   Probably a long shot with Rogue hanging out with the team, but that's always been my dream pairing.

Did you pick two? Because you can. 8)

I'm loving all the different picks already. I like to see who other Gambit fans would like to pair him up with.

I chose #1Polaris and #2Storm. I think Polaris just seems like a great choice. I just have a feeling with those two. Even when I was a kid I remember for whatever reason thinking they could be cool together. And now years later it seems like perhaps I might've been on to something. For Storm I just really see the two going on some adventure that just winds up with a lot of sexual tension and in the chaos of it all they give into it. And the whirlwind romance pretty much is contained within this adventure and they go back to pretty much normal with an added layer to their deep friendship. Or something like that.

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 12:13:05 AM »
I only voted for Kitty (didn't know I could vote twice), but it makes a weird amount of sense to me. The good girl who doesn't mind being bad sometimes and the bad boy who's better than he thinks.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 09:29:20 AM »

Wow, we think alike. LOL I also would like something to happen with Gambit and Psylocke in Astonishing. I doubt anything will but it would be nice to see.

Been a Gambolaris fan for a bit myself. I had hopes with All-New X-Factor but PAD blew it and the book.

Offline deathsun

• Thief
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 03:51:41 PM »
My first choice is Polaris. She is a little crazy and looks like she cares for person she loves. Also Gambit is the only person that make her shine under Magneto's shadow.

My second choice is Dazzler among others. She can fell close with him based on her previous relationship.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 04:09:10 PM »
Went with Dazzler or Polaris... whoever picked X-23, shame on you.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bigstupidjellyfish

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 10:43:48 PM »
Went with Dazzler or Polaris... whoever picked X-23, shame on you.

She shouldn't even be on this list, She-Hulk, Maria Hill, and Captain Marvel should be.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2017, 04:26:48 AM »
Voted Polaris. Would love see also Sage and AOA Lila Cheney.

X 23 and Jubs shouldn't be on list

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 08:48:40 AM »
Gambit and Emma would be such a power couple. Or Dazzler even. They'd be unstoppable.

However... voted for Polaris because like a lot of other people, I was intrigued by their relationship in ANXF. And Psylocke.. because I think they'd bounce off each other very well.
Who Dat

Offline JJB26

• Winning
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 10:36:38 PM »
I'm the only Jeanbit shipper around here?
I'm no criminal. I just do as I please.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 12:14:02 AM »

Nope.

I also like Polaris (LeBeaularis?), Black Widow and Kitty. Not at all keen on Mystique or Emma and don't think Laura/Jubes should've been options.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:25:20 AM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 07:30:22 AM »
Blk Widow and Maria Hill would be very interesting, but would only work if Gambit were allowed to play in their world, and that's most likely through his Guild role. But at this point, I'd rather they'd continue to ignore it rather than force it or have one writer recognize it, and then another bettile it. Continuity means nothing to these guys, sadly. Crazy, big ol' shared universe that they refure to reset, and they choose to ignore continuity to allow "better" storytelling... Still waiting on this enhanced storytelling.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 06:37:24 AM »

Nope, I like it too. I just gravitate more to Polaris because ... she is alive and an adult. The Jean I would want to see Gambit with is not available or currently "dead".