Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 146804 times)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:20:03 AM by DonPriceTag »
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 10:30:43 AM »
Marvel has announced two new X-Men-related titles coming in January 2018 - Rogue & Gambit and Legion. Two covers came with the announcement, but nothing else in the way of creative teams or plots.

Look for more information on these titles this weekend during New York Comic Con.
https://www.newsarama.com/36702-rogue-gambit-and-legion-titles-coming-in-2018.html
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:22:57 AM by DonPriceTag »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 12:32:43 PM »
Hmmm... I wonder who's been talking about Gambit/Rogue shared book for the last few months. Gee...  ;D
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 12:50:55 PM »
This and Legion? Holly @#@#, am I back to reading X-Men again!?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 01:21:49 PM »
This and Legion? Holly @#@#, am I back to reading X-Men again!?

I'm up to 4 books right now, myself. Astonishing, Iceman, Old Man Logan, and now R&G. Not too shabby.
5 if you include Deadpool.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 04:03:34 PM »
I'll give the new book a shot, but not buying as much as others.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 04:24:37 PM »
Oh the shock is wearing off and I'm becoming waaay more cynical lol. I'm starting to analyze things such as;

• Rogue's dumb smirk
  • Rogue's top billing
  • the fact they used "and" opposed to "/" or just different title altogether
  • The fact there is no creative team which means this is a edict, not a passion project or pitch from a writer (concept by committee)
  • Gambit pretty far back and smiling waaay too much. Like he's just happy to be there.
  • How much this announcement contradicts Soule's and artist warnings.
  • The idea that Kelly Thompson might be named the writer. I hear she's a good writer but a huge Rogue fan and was a negative critic of Asmus' Gambit run while she wrote for CBR

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 04:55:08 PM »
There most likely is a creative team, they just haven't announced it yet. The same was done for every ResurrXion title.
Who Dat

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 05:16:59 PM »
Hmm. Good point.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 05:26:46 PM »
I am sure we wil get more news and creative team on Friday ar NYCC. Excited for ths book.

I hope writer is not Thompson.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2017, 05:40:40 PM »
Anka isdoing only covers for Rogue&Gambit.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 06:21:55 PM »
I like Anka's covers. Not sure why, but I do. I hope the creative team is good. I can't help but think this book is a lot of years late but ... I'm willing to try it but won't be on a pull list until I get more details.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 06:25:49 PM »
I like Anka`s cover too. It is dynamic and different from most Romy covers.

Offline albahan888

• Master Thief
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 07:25:55 PM »
I was definitely shocked to see a Rogue and Gambit title is coming. I don't trust Marvel to do anything good with it but the fact that it's going to exist is interesting. I think it all (obviously) depends on the premise and especially the creative team. Until this weekend (I assume) we won't know either of those things but given the spoilers I read about Astonishing X-Men 4 and the terrible treatment they've gotten in terms of being together since X-Treme X-Men (more than 10 years ago at this point) I figure this might just be Marvel preying on their fans and putting an end to them as a pair 'once and for all' as much as that's ever true in comics.

I hope to be proven wrong but for them to work it'll take a lot of work and a writer who cares about both characters equally and I don't know any off the top of my head who don't lean towards one or the other. I also don't really know any current Marvel writers anymore so maybe there is someone there who won't be biased. Even taking the romance aspect out of it which is really almost impossible to do there's just been a bunch of weird junk piled between them since Carey that still needs working out for them to be Gambit and Rogue again. Don's right though if this is just an editorially assigned title it's definitely going to be real bad. I'll have more thoughts when there's more to have them on but I mostly just hope this is at least a good spotlight for Gambit and he can be a hero again and not just all the weird and bad ways he's mostly been used for years now.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 08:19:59 PM »
I am sure we wil get more news and creative team on Friday ar NYCC. Excited for ths book.

I hope writer is not Thompson.

If it's ROBBIE Thompson, then that'd be great lol.
Who Dat