Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148421 times)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #330 on: January 23, 2018, 10:17:39 AM »
I guess I fall into the "I'll read Gambit any way I can get him." camp.

Same here. Or I'll at least give it a shot at first. If I still don't like it after a couple issues I'll drop it.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2018, 10:30:14 AM »
I bailed on the anything with Gambit in it after Xmen Legacy. Carey knew the character and could talk the talk about him but his interviews and knowledge never translated well for Gambit in the book. Which is why I'm not bothering with writers and their words anymore.

I bought up to issue 5 of Astonishing Xmen for Gambit and then dropped the book. I still haven't read 4 or 5 of the series, I've read enough reviews to know that Gambit is useless in the book. Not going to spend money on useless Gambit.

I went all in for All New X-Factor - despite the writer losing interest in Gambit by issue #5, then that writer blames the character and not his own work for the books demise.

I'm buying this book and giving it a shot, and the art is nice. Kudos on that, but creepy Gambit is not a good Gambit. It's hard to overlook if you don't romy.

Yeah I am done buying Marvel comics at this point.  I just go to my buddy's comic book store, flip through anything with Gambit and then put that sh*t back on the shelf and go buy something else.  If it ends up that a story is good then I will go back and get it in trade or buy the back issues digitally.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2018, 12:09:06 PM »

Yeah I am done buying Marvel comics at this point.

I say I am and then I go out and buy R&G and Astonishing and I'll get Red when it comes out haha. But they have been dropping the ball hard in a lot of aspects. Hopefully things will change soon though since they've been making some changes with the higher-ups.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2018, 03:25:24 AM »
ROGUE & GAMBIT #4 (OF 5) KELLY THOMPSON (W)PERE PEREZ (A)Cover by KRIS ANKA• It’s ROGUE versus GAMBIT in a BATTLE ROYALE the likes of which you’ve never seen before!• But when saving the day means letting go of everything you just fell in love with all over again, can Rogue and Gambit do what must be done?!• Making out! Memory loss! Power swapping! Witty banter! Emotional manipulation! Monologuing Big Bads! Doppelganger Golem Clones! You want it? We got it!32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 09:02:29 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #334 on: January 24, 2018, 10:05:17 AM »
I'm digging the cover. I'm guessing from the description it's symbolic for them walking in each other's shoes or at least gaining perspective on one another? I'm also definitely starting to see where the Eternal Sunshine parts are starting to come in.

Offline Madgarena

• Guild Initiate
« Reply #335 on: January 24, 2018, 05:37:44 PM »
Awesome cover, but I gotta say IMO she looks way better dressed as Gambit than he does dressed as Rogue.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #336 on: January 24, 2018, 07:10:43 PM »
I think it's a miserable cover, honestly.

See? I can say bad things about books Gambit's in too.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #337 on: January 24, 2018, 07:13:35 PM »
edit:

I think it's a miserable cover, honestly.

See? I can say bad things about books Gambit's in too.

whaaaaa??? I can't believe it. LMAO

Overall the cover is fine but not what I would like though... I'm sorry gang the lean on that movie is disconcerting. Guess we'll see how it goes.

I'm in good spirits though - just not hopeful. :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:16:55 PM by Nekobaghira »

Online Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #338 on: January 24, 2018, 08:32:12 PM »
*looks to see that the coast is clear*

[whisper]Kris' art has never appealed to me. I just don't like the style.[/whisper]

So now with that cover I've decided that they sort of switch bodies/viewpoints so Rogue sees the happy parts of their relationship, while Remy gets reminded about aaallllll the crappy moments.

It *could* be interesting, but I'm still unsure. We'll see.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #339 on: January 25, 2018, 09:57:45 AM »

[whisper]Kris' art has never appealed to me. I just don't like the style.[/whisper]

So now with that cover I've decided that they sort of switch bodies/viewpoints so Rogue sees the happy parts of their relationship, while Remy gets reminded about aaallllll the crappy moments.

I can see where you're coming from. Some of his stuff can be kind of flat and almost cartoonish imo. I think he's best at re-designs

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #340 on: January 25, 2018, 11:42:39 AM »

heh heh .....

He would never be to everyone's liking. I don't mind his covers. He sort of reminds me of the guy that was on Astonishing with Liu writing it. Walta I think. It's a different style. Takes getting used to and sometimes it really needs to be the right style for a book too.

This solicit leads to the belief of being closer to that movie than I would like - while I know this is all speculation and you can't really trust solicits. But if what you are speculating happens, I won't be happy.

But, I suppose we won't know til we see it. :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:41:42 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #341 on: January 25, 2018, 12:06:17 PM »
Well the switch could work if afterwards Rogue finally understands and decides to commit to Gambit.

Of course, I would then want Gambit to understand how Rogue felt all these years and tell her to take a hike  >:D
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #342 on: January 25, 2018, 12:16:22 PM »
awww, Remydat .... you sweetie. LOL
edit:
You made me laugh. Thanks!

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #343 on: January 25, 2018, 03:26:11 PM »
R&G #2 Feb 7th, 2018.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #344 on: January 25, 2018, 07:02:58 PM »
That cover is so much nicer. Anka is incredibly hit and miss, huh?
Who Dat