Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148533 times)

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #555 on: March 18, 2018, 08:49:05 PM »

As for the "famous" flashback scene, my guess is the near-death experience in X-treme X-men.  KT has ruled out a bunch of other scenes (as suggested by fans) on her tumblr account, but no one asked about that one.

Also, something to look forward to - KT: "The last two issues also look absolutely phenomenal.  Pere really outdid himself.  He just turned in the last page of issue five this week and it’s just a gorgeous issue.  There’s a splash page of Rogue & Gambit in issue 5 that is visually EASILY one of the top 10 moments of ALL TIME for the two of them. "

I'm going to miss this book once it's over!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #556 on: March 19, 2018, 05:18:44 AM »
As for the "famous" flashback scene, my guess is the near-death experience in X-treme X-men.  KT has ruled out a bunch of other scenes (as suggested by fans) on her tumblr account, but no one asked about that one.

Also, something to look forward to - KT: "The last two issues also look absolutely phenomenal.  Pere really outdid himself.  He just turned in the last page of issue five this week and it’s just a gorgeous issue.  There’s a splash page of Rogue & Gambit in issue 5 that is visually EASILY one of the top 10 moments of ALL TIME for the two of them. "

Sounds really good!

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #557 on: March 19, 2018, 08:16:07 AM »
I remember her mentioning that the Valle Soleada period wouldn’t be addressed. A flashback of something that happened before that is probably not out of the question, though. More of the conversation they had after they almost died would be nice. There are a lot of gaps that could be filled in from them making the decision of leaving to settling down.       

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 08:18:35 AM by andresa »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #558 on: March 19, 2018, 09:53:21 AM »

Me too! Tempted to buy the trade once it comes out so I can re-read it without having to un-bag/board my floppies

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #559 on: March 19, 2018, 06:54:14 PM »
Per Amazon:
"Rogue & Gambit: Ring of Fire
by Kelly Thompson and Pere Perez
Paperback
Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on July 17, 2018."

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #560 on: March 20, 2018, 03:34:21 AM »

From #4. Their eyes :o :o

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #561 on: March 20, 2018, 11:24:38 AM »
Per Amazon:
"Rogue & Gambit: Ring of Fire
by Kelly Thompson and Pere Perez
Paperback
Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on July 17, 2018."

That sounds right. Last issue will be in May and then a month in between. It'll give me a nice break to digest the finale and then come back to it and read it all at once haha

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #562 on: March 20, 2018, 07:08:49 PM »
From #4. Their eyes :o :o

Yeah, I wonder how the heck that happens. Lovely art though...

Update on the TPB release per Newsarama (https://www.newsarama.com/39134-marvel-comics-june-2018-solicitations.html):
FOC 5/14/2018
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BY DAVID MICHELINIE & TODD MCFARLANE HC (On Sale 10/3/2018)
DOCTOR STRANGE: DAMNATION TPB (On Sale 7/4/2018)
GENERATIONS TPB (On Sale 7/4/2018)
HELLSTORM BY WARREN ELLIS OMNIBUS HC (On Sale 10/3/2018)
PUNISHER: SHADOWMASTERS TPB (On Sale 7/4/2018)
ROGUE & GAMBIT: RING OF FIRE TPB (On Sale 7/4/2018)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:17:56 PM by Nox »

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #563 on: March 21, 2018, 08:10:37 AM »
 I was hoping that ugly cover would be reconsidered. I’ll buy it regardless.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #564 on: March 21, 2018, 08:14:22 AM »
The cover does kinda suck. I'm not a fan of the majority of Anka's covers for this series, but the first and #4 are my least favorite. I'd like to ask why the use of the blank backgrounds. It seems to be the theme and I'm not sure whether it's in tune with whats happening in the story, or just lazy.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #565 on: March 21, 2018, 09:25:29 AM »
I actually really like the cover but yeah, I do wish there was more going on in the background

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #566 on: March 21, 2018, 10:46:45 AM »
The cover does kinda suck. I'm not a fan of the majority of Anka's covers for this series, but the first and #4 are my least favorite. I'd like to ask why the use of the blank backgrounds. It seems to be the theme and I'm not sure whether it's in tune with whats happening in the story, or just lazy.

I like cover for first issue. Not a fan of issue 4 cover.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #567 on: March 21, 2018, 11:21:00 AM »

I like cover for first issue. Not a fan of issue 4 cover.

I like #4 more than #1... I can't stand how Gambit or Rogue are drawn on the first one. I think a better cover could have been used to show the tone the book was going for, definitely wasnt that IMO.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #568 on: March 21, 2018, 06:26:31 PM »
So we can see from the June solicits, that this book hasn't been renewed. Here's a quote from KT (from tumblr):

I think there’s a lot of love at Marvel for our Rogue & Gambit book - everyone has been really encouraging and supportive. But we’re just going to have to wait and see if that means we can get something else going down the line.
Don’t give up hope, there really is a lot of love at Marvel for this book and I think they’re very aware of the fan response as well as the excellent reviews we’re getting. 
And thanks to all of you for your part in making your love for the book known - it absolutely means something and helps the cause of more stories for these two!

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #569 on: March 21, 2018, 07:32:32 PM »
There's always a chance for KT to write a volume 2 in the future now that she'll be more prominent at Marvel. Or maybe she'll write them both in an X-Men book.
Though I can't see anyone else write a 'Rogue/Gambit' series, I think KT is the only one that's capable of writing a high quality R&G book.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 07:39:31 PM by Sparta »