Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 146872 times)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #720 on: April 19, 2018, 05:35:52 PM »

I thought I was the only one that noticed that for a while. Every time a writer would get their hands on her, Rogue immediately was flirting with what was obviously their favorite character.

I definitely noticed that recently when Duggan paired her with Deadpool. Seeing as she's one of my favorite comic characters, it always makes me feel...uncomfortable.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #721 on: April 19, 2018, 05:52:32 PM »
I suppose it's marginally on topic as Morrison hated Gambit and Rogue. He seemed to be kinda the first 90's bad, hipster type writers. Though clearly he did not have a crush on Rogue (like most of the eighties kid writers)  as Emma was his waifu/self insert (seriously she suddenly had an English accent when he was writing.)

Oh, I remember that. That was weird. Yes, Massachusetts accents sound the most like English ones, but nobody's gonna confuse that with an English accent.

But then again, it's Marvel. Their writers' track records with anything regarding speech and culture is...not good. Like even now, they make simple grammatical errors in French or having Remy say "boyo" in the latest issue of Gold.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #723 on: April 27, 2018, 03:23:30 PM »
So, those panels in the preview that seem to be flash-forward are from a possible future. 

From Pere Perez tumblr: “On those pages there are a couple of panels with images from a possible future of the guys, wearing possible future costumes.”

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #724 on: April 27, 2018, 03:38:48 PM »
So, those panels in the preview that seem to be flash-forward are from a possible future. 

From Pere Perez tumblr: “On those pages there are a couple of panels with images from a possible future of the guys, wearing possible future costumes.”

Not too crazy about Rogue's but I'm liking Gambit's quite a bit

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #725 on: April 27, 2018, 07:18:13 PM »

Liking the design for Gambit but not sure this will be future costume for him as he already has a new uniform for X-men Red.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #726 on: April 28, 2018, 03:15:31 AM »

Liking the design for Gambit but not sure this will be future costume for him as he already has a new uniform for X-men Red.

I am sure Red costume for Gambit is only for RED. I other books he will be in bis own costume.
Maybe they will use new costumes for Fresh Start.
News costume is ok but could be much better.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #727 on: April 28, 2018, 09:57:27 AM »
It's fine, but why the headsock again? It's like a zombie and keeps coming back...

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #728 on: April 28, 2018, 10:01:44 AM »
So in the splash page, the cats appear. Can someone please enlighten me as to when exactly Gambit got cats? This must have happened during the period when I stopped reading comics...

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #729 on: April 28, 2018, 11:41:53 AM »
So in the splash page, the cats appear. Can someone please enlighten me as to when exactly Gambit got cats? This must have happened during the period when I stopped reading comics...

Gambit got the cats from Mystique in Astonishing X-men issue #62.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #730 on: April 28, 2018, 11:57:52 AM »
Mystique saved the cats from Sabertooth who was going to eat them.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #731 on: April 28, 2018, 01:18:58 PM »
It's fine, but why the headsock again? It's like a zombie and keeps coming back...

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I'm not sure he'll ever break away from it at this point

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #732 on: April 28, 2018, 01:43:13 PM »
sock? I always thought it was leather. Rather that than a bandana around his neck looking like a bad 80s cowboy lol

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #733 on: April 28, 2018, 05:52:32 PM »
Sock was obviously just an expression (but could you imagine how hot a headsock in leather would be, yikes) if it was an either or choice, I dunno, I think I'd go with the bandana...

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #734 on: April 28, 2018, 08:16:38 PM »

Gambit got the cats from Mystique in Astonishing X-men issue #62.
Mystique saved the cats from Sabertooth who was going to eat them.

Ah. OK. Thanks!  :)