Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148627 times)

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2017, 11:05:02 PM »
Was that like a freestyle?  :D
Who Dat

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2017, 02:31:38 AM »
Was that like a freestyle?  :D

I like to think so

afterall...................

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2017, 05:41:42 PM »
Pic from issue 2.

Flasback to Muir Island Saga
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 07:16:20 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2017, 07:16:37 PM »
I like that art. I really do, looks good.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2017, 11:48:56 PM »
Looks good... Don't know why it makes me think of Naruto?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2017, 04:50:47 AM »
Looks good... Don't know why it makes me think of Naruto?

A lot of speed lines.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2017, 12:55:31 PM »

A lot of speed lines.

You're right... good eye, broham.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline dcgregorya

• Gambler
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2017, 03:21:08 PM »
I'm super psyched about this series. 

Things I'd like to see :

- A new hook for Gambit.    He's been done the same way for so long, he needs to grow as a character.    Maybe a new manifestation of his powers, something he needs to learn to control, some kind of professional growth for the character so it's not the same old boring 007 stuff (that doesn't really translate well to comics).   Would give us a sense that the old dog has some new tricks and give him some kind of internal struggle that doesn't revolve around cat sitting and resisting the temptation to bang every skirt he comes across. 

- A new twist to the Rogue/Gambit relationship.    Shared struggle is good but in general, they need a reason to rekindle some kind of tension beyond just "ur hot no ur hot".    This either needs to be a trait that Rogue discovers about Gambit or Gambit discovers about Rogue that's outside of their original attraction.    I was thinking of something like showing their more nurturing sides or some scenes where they discover their own unique brand of shared humour or something.    Hell, could be an intense love for camping, I don't really care but I'd like to see them discover something new about each other instead of it just being a retread of their baggage.   

- No damsel in distress for either of them.    Gambit and Rogue are both peak professionals I don't really want to see them shown as weak for the benefit of a relationship hook.   

- Lots and lots of combat.    I haven't seen Gambit actually kick anyone's ass in a long time.   I'll be pretty happy if this book shows some A-list challenges for both of them to overcome.   A meaningful threat where they need to step up their game and actually do so.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #113 on: November 14, 2017, 03:39:41 PM »
I'm super psyched about this series. 

Things I'd like to see :

- A new hook for Gambit.    He's been done the same way for so long, he needs to grow as a character.    Maybe a new manifestation of his powers, something he needs to learn to control, some kind of professional growth for the character so it's not the same old boring 007 stuff (that doesn't really translate well to comics).   Would give us a sense that the old dog has some new tricks and give him some kind of internal struggle that doesn't revolve around cat sitting and resisting the temptation to bang every skirt he comes across. 

- A new twist to the Rogue/Gambit relationship.    Shared struggle is good but in general, they need a reason to rekindle some kind of tension beyond just "ur hot no ur hot".    This either needs to be a trait that Rogue discovers about Gambit or Gambit discovers about Rogue that's outside of their original attraction.    I was thinking of something like showing their more nurturing sides or some scenes where they discover their own unique brand of shared humour or something.    Hell, could be an intense love for camping, I don't really care but I'd like to see them discover something new about each other instead of it just being a retread of their baggage.   

- No damsel in distress for either of them.    Gambit and Rogue are both peak professionals I don't really want to see them shown as weak for the benefit of a relationship hook.   

- Lots and lots of combat.    I haven't seen Gambit actually kick anyone's ass in a long time.   I'll be pretty happy if this book shows some A-list challenges for both of them to overcome.   A meaningful threat where they need to step up their game and actually do so.

Well the "007" thing was only in operation during Asmus run as Fabian's was more action-adventure. Asmus' run was handicapped as you know. The angle wasnt really allowed to breathe IMO. I feel you about it getting old though, but not that part. My issue is the "Gambit's robbing someone"  thing that writers won't let go as if he's some sort of klepto and not part of an ancient order of thieves and more often than not doesnt steal for the hell of it but out of necessity and from certain marks. I too can do without ever seeing those cats again. I don't want to speculate on what KT has in store for the couple in terms of their relationship, but she seems honestly excited. But yeah, that damsel crap needs to go. Gambit is not some defenseless child that needs to be rescued despite what X-Men books will tell you. One of the reason a lot of people, even the Romy-detractors liked about the XXM run is that Claremont got them over their issues and into a place where it wasn't angsty anymore. Combat and action is important. I don't want to read a soap opera with a bunch of exposition and spilling of emotion. What do you mean A-list? Tombstone wasn't top shelf enough for you?! ;)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2017, 05:16:34 PM »
A tweet you might be interested in.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2017, 05:21:48 PM »
Good art. Thanks Neko :)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2017, 05:39:30 PM »
A tweet you might be interested in.

You beat me to the post..? Me thinks the lady protest too much.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2017, 06:31:26 PM »

You beat me to the post..? Me thinks the lady protest too much.

LOL - bored today.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2017, 06:55:14 PM »
She's been dropping bombs all day like this;

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/status/932705406777925633

I think the closer we get the more she'll be sharing. Flood gates be a opening.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2017, 06:43:25 PM »

More info on the comic.

-• Remy's bo staff will return
• The series is aiming to clear up some inconsistencies in their relationship
• Southern dialects won't be as strong
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 07:20:58 PM by Paneo01 »