Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148672 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2017, 11:15:30 PM »
if its written well - I'm in. If Gambit is a chump, I'm done.

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2017, 04:59:35 AM »
Friggin book has buried landmines everywhere. With as much controversy it's fostered I think it's going to do really well if people can get past the corny first issue cover.... That cover is really corny to me and made me laugh out loud the first time I saw it.

I might attest to the fact that I have been, in my youth, really hyped on various Spider-man comics only to see it... blah into the blahness of I can't even remember... that's marvel.

Maybe a cover doesn't define a comic... maybe

@Neko ummmmmmmm got it, got it
-and what happened to all the gambit smileys?-

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2017, 09:53:48 AM »
@Neko ummmmmmmm got it, got it
-and what happened to all the gambit smileys?-

You mean these?  :gambit: :gambit: :gambit: :gambit: :gambit: :gambit: :gambit: :gambit:

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2017, 11:16:25 AM »

I might attest to the fact that I have been, in my youth, really hyped on various Spider-man comics only to see it... blah into the blahness of I can't even remember... that's marvel.

As a long-time Spidey fan, I know your pain. Slott's always hyping up his events as "breaking the internet" but it's more like he's just trying to get a reaction out of fans while the stories themselves are...lackluster imo. I finally dropped it about a year ago.

Hopefully R&G is a different story

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2017, 12:24:04 AM »
The cover bubbles were disappointing but KT gave us a heads up before. Kind of hard to hold it against them. But the booked getting a lot of backing. At least 2 variants and plenty of coverage. Still don't have a big interview from KT, bit I think it's coming. Or I suspect it is at least. She said her editor allowed her to do things she figured would get turned down. I'm interested in seeing what these were.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #155 on: December 13, 2017, 05:08:06 AM »
The cover bubbles were disappointing but KT gave us a heads up before. Kind of hard to hold it against them. But the booked getting a lot of backing. At least 2 variants and plenty of coverage. Still don't have a big interview from KT, bit I think it's coming. Or I suspect it is at least. She said her editor allowed her to do things she figured would get turned down. I'm interested in seeing what these were.

If I remeber right, KT told that she made 3 interviews. I think only 1 or 2 were released.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #156 on: December 13, 2017, 05:38:22 PM »

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #157 on: December 13, 2017, 06:05:02 PM »
Once again, I like what I hear. If this turns out to be a sham I will be so angry. >:(

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2017, 03:47:18 PM »

Decent cover.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2017, 04:17:56 PM »
I love this cover. Pretty cool seeing all of their costumes over the years

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2017, 04:46:42 PM »
Awesome cover. Funny that shirtless Gambit from dragon fight is there. And that shirtless Gambit was in Marvel heroes game too.

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2017, 10:57:06 PM »
Not sure if intentional or accidental, but all those costumed variations are positioned in the shape of a heart. I noticed it the first time I looked at it. If it was an accident, then it was quite an interesting one.

Oh, and hello everyone. I usually check in once every four to six months to see if there was any changes - this comic and the X-Men movie rights going (potentially) home, I figured it was enough for me to post.

Once. Maybe twice. We'll see what happens with my favorite character this time. *sigh*

I hope Racky is on standby, just in case.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2017, 02:58:30 AM »
Not sure if intentional or accidental, but all those costumed variations are positioned in the shape of a heart. I noticed it the first time I looked at it. If it was an accident, then it was quite an interesting one.

Oh, and hello everyone. I usually check in once every four to six months to see if there was any changes - this comic and the X-Men movie rights going (potentially) home, I figured it was enough for me to post.

Once. Maybe twice. We'll see what happens with my favorite character this time. *sigh*

Cool! I hadn`t noticed that costumed variations are positioned in the shape of a heart. Thanks :)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2017, 09:26:07 AM »

Yeah, I kinda thought that too. Especially with Rogue's hair and then her cape curving at the top like that. I just thought I was seeing things haha

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2017, 09:27:44 AM »
Love the cover.

Hawkeye is ending with issue #16 (KT's other book). I wonder if that opens up a bigger possibility that this becomes an ongoing if it sells well enough.
Who Dat