Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148568 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2017, 09:48:32 AM »
I'm sure the uniform positions help form the heart shape but if you look at the light green shading around both characters, you will indeed see a heart shape. :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 09:50:19 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2017, 10:00:21 AM »
Love the cover.

Hawkeye is ending with issue #16 (KT's other book). I wonder if that opens up a bigger possibility that this becomes an ongoing if it sells well enough.

Don`t want to be too optimistic and fly in dreams but I think that R&G was planned as mini because thay are planning Gambit ongoing for Summer 2018. Also I think Bunn will write it.
Just speculating :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2017, 10:36:01 AM »

Don`t want to be too optimistic and fly in dreams but I think that R&G was planned as mini because thay are planning Gambit ongoing for Summer 2018. Also I think Bunn will write it.
Just speculating :)

Speculating is fun. With Bunn it might be a grittier book than we've had in a long time. :)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2017, 12:22:16 PM »
I'm sure the uniform positions help form the heart shape but if you look at the light green shading around both characters, you will indeed see a heart shape. :)

Wow, nice catch! On my computer it doesn't show up super well, but I definitely see what you're saying.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2017, 12:41:46 PM »
Speculating is fun. With Bunn it might be a grittier book than we've had in a long time. :)

I always liked darker stories for Gambit.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2017, 12:48:44 PM »

I always liked darker stories for Gambit.

Same here - it just fits his whole aesthetic/background. I've always liked characters like Gambit who can face a dark/gritty situation while still cracking a joke. I think Bunn would be good at balancing the lighter sides of Gambit in a darker setting while not tipping it too much one way or another.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2018, 07:48:18 AM »
After reading that sneak peek page, I found it funny, but I KNEW it was going to bother some of you. Some of us have gotten so gun shy from seeing Gambit whipped on, that we're like opposite of those Rogue zealots. They see Rogue as never doing any wrong; Let's not be as if we can't take Gambit never not being on the winning side as a problem. This was mild and it made sense... it's @#@$$# Deadpool. I mean, c'mon. Eww... He barely has lips. That's nasty. I'd be without words too.

But that Civil War II @#!#, nah that was still some straight up #!#@-ery.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2018, 09:08:06 AM »
I dunno, I'll still buy today .... I had to stop going to CBR. I can't take it. And I really do want to judge for myself. LOL

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #173 on: January 03, 2018, 09:38:59 AM »
Does this come out today???

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2018, 09:52:55 AM »
Yes :)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #175 on: January 03, 2018, 09:54:17 AM »
Does this come out today???

Holy s***, it looks like it does. Completely flew under my radar. Good thing I'm going to my LCS to pick up Astonishing and Grand Design today anyways

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #176 on: January 03, 2018, 11:15:34 AM »
Not thrilled how he continually wants her back but she tells him.to move on. Kinda degrading to the character.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #177 on: January 03, 2018, 11:20:14 AM »
Soooo, I checked Rogue and Gambit #1.

This is my first impression. Maybe will change smth when will reread it.

Positive: Loved art. It was reeeeaaaalllyy good.Issue was fun and Gambit was fun in it.Gambit/Storm moment was cool.Loooooved page where Gambit told that Rogue gave up and he is lifting alone. It felt real. Like situation in real relationships. Favourite moment so far.Last page made me really laugh

Negative:Deadpool is a better kisser then Remy?Premise of mission is not the strongest but it`s ok. Scene with running kids reminded me some episode of Scooby-Doo.Gambit was forcing Rogue toooooo much.

Overall: It was fine issue. I would give 8/10It felt really short or maybe I was reading it too fast Excited for more and sure that next issues will be better.It is hard to read Romy book when they are mostly angry but I understand why book started from this point.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 12:49:09 PM by purplevit »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #178 on: January 03, 2018, 11:27:49 AM »

Negative:Deadpool is a better kisser then Remy?

Ugh. That annoys me more than it should.

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2018, 11:54:21 AM »
Soooooo, verdict for just a plain ol' Gambit fan?  I mean I liked their relationship in the past but I've been seriously over it for a long time.

I'm hearing mixed things about it.  Gambit fans are saying he's begging Rogue (I've heard it's the same old thing of he likes her but she says it's over blah blah blah, annoying repitition), but then Rogue fans are saying that he's not begging her, he's just pushing her buttons and flirting like he did in the 90's.  Not sure who to believe!

It doesn't get released in the UK till tomorrow, I found out when I went to the shop, so could somebody do me the kindness of PM'ing me just a scan or two so I can make a judgement call? Could save a few pounds if it doesn't tickle my fancy.