Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148727 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #300 on: January 19, 2018, 10:43:54 AM »
I am sure memories won`t be erased or they would start without memories in #1, already.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #301 on: January 19, 2018, 10:52:10 AM »
I am sure memories won`t be erased or they would start without memories in #1, already.

Did you mean to post this for the R&G thread?

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #302 on: January 19, 2018, 10:55:29 AM »
Maybe she meant more like them reliving those memories in a sense and not really getting them erased.

That's what I'm thinking (because that happened a lot in the movie). Still be able to respect the history while also giving some room for a reset of sorts. How she'll do it is another story.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #303 on: January 19, 2018, 03:04:08 PM »
I fixed that, I think Purp did mean this thread.  :D

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #304 on: January 19, 2018, 03:58:53 PM »
I'm in the minority but I don't like the premise of the movie for which inspiration is being drawn. I think I should stop while I'm ahead. This is clearly not for me.

Memory erasing? Really? I don't know.

If anything like what happened in that movie happens here, this isn't going to be a story you can just bail on boss... Like I said this is scary, but interesting. I don't think think we'd be able to ignore it away. It's getting kind of funny now.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #305 on: January 19, 2018, 03:59:42 PM »
Maybe she meant more like them reliving those memories in a sense and not really getting them erased.

Yes that would make more sense.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #306 on: January 19, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »

If anything like what happened in that movie happens here, this isn't going to be a story you can just bail on boss... Like I said this is scary, but interesting. I don't think think we'd be able to ignore it away. It's getting kind of funny now.

I suppose but if its like the movie, isn't it rehashing? I've never seen the movie, I am basing my opinion on the wiki and whatnot.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #307 on: January 19, 2018, 04:44:59 PM »

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #308 on: January 19, 2018, 05:54:01 PM »
Yeah saw that over at CBR. I may disagree with her vision of Gambit but by all accounts she does her research and engages with fans so congrats to her. 
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #309 on: January 19, 2018, 06:06:15 PM »
Agreed, I saw it on twitter. Good for her! I hope she does well with her exclusive with Marvel, even if I don't like her take on Gambit.  ;)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #310 on: January 19, 2018, 09:32:15 PM »
I fixed that, I think Purp did mean this thread.  :D

Thanks. Yeah, it seems I posted in wrong thread:)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #311 on: January 19, 2018, 10:06:36 PM »
Yeah I think its a smart move on their part. Seems like she's been pretty well received and, aside from here, the majority of feedback I've been hearing about R&G has been positive. Makes me wonder if they'll give her an ongoing X-book

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #312 on: January 20, 2018, 11:16:28 AM »
*chuckles* well "here" is very specific for one character, while "there" has more interest in other characters with specifics thrown in. 

If you are not as vested in Gambit and are just reading the book for whatever reason, then I'm certain its okay - clearly its getting good reviews but I would say those reviewing aren't necessarily vested in one or the other. They're just commenting on what they feel is a "good" story. Nothing wrong with that. :)

It's vestment where the passion comes from - those not really caring all that much about either character have an easier time with the story. IMO.

edit: added thought

For example, when as a group of Xmen fans looking at Astonishing Xmen, we've pretty much agreed its a well written book. Soule has crafted an interesting story. As a Gambit fan, there isn't much. For me, I've dropped the well written book because my favorite isn't really doing anything.

Here with this book or at least with issue one, I don't think Gambit is shown in a positive light, he's not being portrayed as I would have wanted. And that is on me and I'm alright with it. Others don't mind for whatever the reason. :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:31:36 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #313 on: January 20, 2018, 01:39:07 PM »
Well, I get your point, but even the other Gambit fans that I know in other communities liked R&G - it just comes down to personal opinion in the end (like you pointed out). My point is just that KT being a Marvel Exclusive is still a good move on their part. She may not have the name recognition but she's a fairly new writer and it seems like a lot of people like her stuff.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #314 on: January 20, 2018, 03:36:05 PM »
I'm not knocking her or her job or exclusive contract with Marvel. I did say in an earlier post, good for her. It's a deal she wanted, Marvel wanted and good for her.