Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148494 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #390 on: February 13, 2018, 04:46:21 AM »
Well, it is true that KT likes Rogue and Deadpool and maybe even Mags and Rogue (Ughhh) but at the same time she likes Gambit only in pairing with Rogue.

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #391 on: February 13, 2018, 06:47:10 AM »
Well, it is true that KT likes Rogue and Deadpool and maybe even Mags and Rogue (Ughhh) but at the same time she likes Gambit only in pairing with Rogue.

I think she doesnt see them as threaghts to Romy also much like Carey I am sure he could see others with Mags but realy Rogue with others hence the massive stomp on Romy.

It was also interesting to include joelle over the like of Lili or any of the other things like say a foursomw with a rogue look a like.

It was telling in her reviews how she feels about Gambit esp with the intrductiom of a real competitor to Rogue in Joelle. She took pieces out of that character. Though she has softened on her view of that run. I think she didnt like how far asmus pulled them apart. Carey kept Gambit hooks at least there it had completely broken down. I wonder if KT would address the thief ststement who caanot be teusted made in thag dossier.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #392 on: February 13, 2018, 07:40:55 AM »

Interestingly I get a similar vibe from KT just Rogue is the insert for her affection for Gambit. Esp how she shuts down any discussion of Gambit in other ships...

Also explains her express dislike for Joelle

Gambit doesn't have any other "ships". The only actual character that exists outside of background art or issue/book exclusive was Bella Donna, Frenzy and Storm. Bella is his far behind ex-wife, and Frenzy was off panel and one embarrassing kiss. Storm seems to be only sticking point but I think that would effect them both. I think I'd be a huge revelation if this turned into an ongoing with them giving each other a clean slate just for it to be revealed later on that he and Storm had a "friends with benefits" relationship for a period. Possibly before or a little after Gambit started officially courting Rogue. Itd explain the origin of the infamous waterfall kiss between the two.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #393 on: February 13, 2018, 08:41:10 AM »

Interestingly I get a similar vibe from KT just Rogue is the insert for her affection for Gambit. Esp how she shuts down any discussion of Gambit in other ships...

Also explains her express dislike for Joelle

Agreed, especially with her harsh criticism of Asmus solo. Yeah, I know, she acknowledges NOW she was harsh. Too late for the book (then/now - Asmus solo).

As for Magneto in general ... I don't have an issue with his age. Rogue is old enough to decide and the writer did. Is what it is.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 03:16:21 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #394 on: February 13, 2018, 09:53:01 AM »

As for Magneto in general ... I don't have an issue with his age. Rogue is old enough to decide and the writer did. Is what it is.

That wasn't really an issue for me either. My problem is that the relationship feels forced at times and maybe a little hypocritical at other times (Rogue seems to be more forgiving of Magneto's sins/secrets, which are worse than Gambit's imo). TBH, I'm also just not as big of a fan of Magneto, which I hesitate to even say as everyone (not necessarily here) touts him as the best villain ever created.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #395 on: February 13, 2018, 10:17:13 AM »
I think what makes Magneto a great villain is the fact that he doesn't see himself as one. He's willing to be the seen as a bad guy but only because he believes everyone around him is misled in their opinions of his actions, which he sees as noble and right. Everything he does he sees as necessary. He's not cruel for cruelty's sake, but does it as a means to an end... Accept that one time he imprisoned, tortured and filmed various X-Men being intimate, ultimately as a distraction. Completely personally forgiveable. Friends and lovers do that to each all the time.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #396 on: February 13, 2018, 10:36:05 AM »
You make fair points and I don't dislike Magneto. I've just never been huge on him as a character and I got tired of him being in so much.

Accept that one time he imprisoned, tortured and filmed various X-Men being intimate, ultimately as a distraction. Completely personally forgiveable. Friends and lovers do that to each all the time.

Also, what do you mean by this?

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #397 on: February 13, 2018, 11:45:32 AM »
You make fair points and I don't dislike Magneto. I've just never been huge on him as a character and I got tired of him being in so much.

Also, what do you mean by this?

During the trial of Gambit, Mags was taping Gambit and Rogue.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 12:55:10 PM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #398 on: February 13, 2018, 11:48:53 AM »
Agreed, especially with her harsh criticism of Asmus solo. Yeah, I know, she acknowledges NOW she was harsh. Too late for the book now (solo).

Yep, I have to admit, I was quite happy to learn that Gambit #1 outsold Rogue and Gambit #1 mainly because of her reviews of Asmus.  Sweet vindication for an issue at least.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #399 on: February 13, 2018, 12:13:45 PM »

Durry the trial of Gambit, Mags had was taping Gambit and Rogue.

Ah, thanks. Didn't even know that happened

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #400 on: February 13, 2018, 12:46:13 PM »

Yep, I have to admit, I was quite happy to learn that Gambit #1 outsold Rogue and Gambit #1 mainly because of her reviews of Asmus.  Sweet vindication for an issue at least.

Didn't know that but also makes me feel good as well. Sweet vindication is nice. And #1's are suppose to outdo the others. If R&G goes against the grain of that, good for it, says something for the writing and art. :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #401 on: February 13, 2018, 12:52:38 PM »

I think she doesnt see them as threaghts to Romy also much like Carey I am sure he could see others with Mags but realy Rogue with others hence the massive stomp on Romy.

It was also interesting to include joelle over the like of Lili or any of the other things like say a foursomw with a rogue look a like.

It was telling in her reviews how she feels about Gambit esp with the intrductiom of a real competitor to Rogue in Joelle. She took pieces out of that character. Though she has softened on her view of that run. I think she didnt like how far asmus pulled them apart. Carey kept Gambit hooks at least there it had completely broken down. I wonder if KT would address the thief ststement who caanot be teusted made in thag dossier.

While we don't need to rehash - your view reminds me that KT looks at Gambit as a "love interest", not as his own character. Otherwise, why worry about a Joelle. IMO.

Good to see you posting again AeroSennin :)

Offline X-fan73

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #402 on: February 13, 2018, 01:33:06 PM »
Overall I am more concerned about critical reception than overall sales numbers.Highest selling X-book is only 50k? Golden boy Cable only at 19k.

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #403 on: February 13, 2018, 03:58:45 PM »
While we don't need to rehash - your view reminds me that KT looks at Gambit as a "love interest", not as his own character. Otherwise, why worry about a Joelle. IMO.

Good to see you posting again AeroSennin :)

Thank you. On the positive side it shows how much she likes him that she didnt park it all on him.

I am interested in Marvel looking this with a low expectation it only sold almost 40k before selling out. So they must have expected less sales. I wonder what the agenda was were they testing out the reception in anticipation of something?

edit: took out tags not needed and guessed at a word. N
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 09:47:30 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #404 on: February 13, 2018, 05:23:56 PM »
Overall I am more concerned about critical reception than overall sales numbers.Highest selling X-book is only 50k? Golden boy Cable only at 19k.
50K and that was only because it had the special legacy variant cover that month. The 'flagship' titles are all in the mid thirties.