Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148686 times)

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #466 on: February 26, 2018, 11:34:15 PM »
You know, I never read the title. In a vacuum, I would have not thought it meant what it did...
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #467 on: February 27, 2018, 09:40:11 AM »
Whoa...another reviewer who wasn't really a fan and he loved it.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #469 on: March 02, 2018, 11:35:43 AM »
Awesome R&G #3 preview  :D :smitten:

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-preview-rogue-gambit-3-explores-the-couples-past-as-a-new-mystery-unfolds?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Oh, dayum. I didn't read too much of what was said to avoid spoilers but I'm glad to see they're still going to therapy

Offline wantutosigh

• X-Man Leader
« Reply #470 on: March 02, 2018, 03:57:10 PM »
I didn't read to much either. Looks interesting. Nice booty shot of Rogue in a bikini. :coolsmiley:

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #471 on: March 03, 2018, 06:25:33 AM »
So Rogue lost her virginity to Gambit. Huh. And Magneto taped it! I never thought about it much before but on top of everything else the guy is also literally a sex offender.

Offline Toadman005

• Horseman
« Reply #472 on: March 05, 2018, 11:24:53 AM »
Interesting that Rogue’s first time was Remy. I assumed they did bang…as most did…but I also assumed Mag’s tapped it in the Svage Land before she even met Remy. Also, wasn’t it (cringe) established she slept with Sentry?
\"Say, do you hear that? It\'s the sound of the Reaper...\"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #473 on: March 05, 2018, 12:21:40 PM »
Interesting that Rogue’s first time was Remy. I assumed they did bang…as most did…but I also assumed Mag’s tapped it in the Svage Land before she even met Remy. Also, wasn’t it (cringe) established she slept with Sentry?

This small retcon just killed Sentry nonsense.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #474 on: March 05, 2018, 12:45:32 PM »

Nah, it was one of those "almost" incidents. The only time Magneto and Rogue would have had time to do that would have occurred off-panel and was then never spoke of, so no. Rogue basically admitted as much (nothing happening between them) during Legacy before Xavier fixed her powers. She admitted the attraction but that's as far as it went. I believe even Claremont said nothing happened between the two in the Savage Land and romance wasn't his intention to begin with. I find the last part hard to believe with all the loin clothes/ bikinis going around.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #475 on: March 05, 2018, 12:46:17 PM »

This small retcon just killed Sentry nonsense.

We don't talk about that.

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #476 on: March 06, 2018, 09:20:47 AM »

We don't talk about that.

Talk about what?

Seems like I should invest more in this mini... but it's Marvel... We'll see

Online Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #477 on: March 06, 2018, 09:38:21 AM »
I think you should M. It's romy written by someone who romys. I don't think any romy lover should skip it. LOL

It's in your restaurant as it were ...... (will wait to see if M remembers). *wink*
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 10:01:56 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #478 on: March 06, 2018, 10:35:11 AM »
I think you should M. It's romy written by someone who romys. I don't think any romy lover should skip it. LOL

It's in your restaurant as it were ...... (will wait to see if M remembers). *wink*

I concur. Yeah, there has only been 2 issues out, but KT is quickly becoming my favorite romy writer (if such a sub-genre exists) haha

Offline AnimatedPhil

• Thief
    • The Art of AnimatedPhil: Philip McNulty
« Reply #479 on: March 06, 2018, 01:38:20 PM »

I concur. Yeah, there has only been 2 issues out, but KT is quickly becoming my favorite romy writer (if such a sub-genre exists) haha

The way she’s addressed the whole Antartica thing. With Rogue taking blame for what she did to Remy has scored big points with me. It’s what I would argue about with my ex. I now have finally won that argument.  ;D
William Shatner's Man O' War Artist.  
Kevin Smith's SModCo.   Cartoon Show Animator.  
Certified Gambit Fanatic.