Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148516 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #480 on: March 06, 2018, 03:26:32 PM »
I don't really care about "blame" more than the embracing of the incident. Whether it was bad writing or not, it happened. It was pitched, approved and printed. It's canon that she left him. We can argue that she was being affected by his own self-loathing, but that doesn't excuse the X-Men. Why didn't anyone go back for him immediately? It's the freakin' Antarctic, a person can't survive out there that long without provisions. He there for at least days. How does editorial tell the writers to bring him back, but ignores that glaring problem? They can make Marrow, Sabretooth and Mystique X-Men but leave one of their own to die for a mistake he made as a desperate young man who couldn't control his powers? That could have easily been any of them in that position. Again, it's canon and the result of questionable writing, but that crap got through and wasn't touched upon after the fact. If I recall correctly, they wrote Storm scolding him for not telling the X-Men that he was alive... I guess no one cared enough to sit in Cerebro for a quick second? I'm glad KT is confronting it.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline AeroSennin

• Thief
« Reply #481 on: March 06, 2018, 03:57:37 PM »
For some reason i thought his unique energy was meant to hide him from tp's and was the basis of his psycic defense....? Could anyone clarify.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #482 on: March 06, 2018, 04:16:48 PM »
No Gambit isn't immune to telepathic detection. If someone is specifically searching for him, they'll find him. Otherwise his mind comes up as background noise. It's like looking around in dimly lit room seeing nothing but vague shapes, versus looking around for some specifically. You'll key in on certain shape or silhouette. He has techniques to increase this "vagueness" like holding a charged card to his head. But it doesn't make him immune like you'd see with Juggernaut or Magneto's helmet.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #483 on: March 07, 2018, 03:40:45 AM »
I think you should M. It's romy written by someone who romys. I don't think any romy lover should skip it. LOL

It's in your restaurant as it were ...... (will wait to see if M remembers). *wink*

:gambit:
Romy is who?
A play on words
So where's Remy
at? become?

I seen it

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #484 on: March 07, 2018, 12:17:14 PM »
Without spoiling anything, R&G #3 was a really fun issue, the best one so far, a lot happens...action, humour, sexiness, emotion...it's like an old fashioned X-Men comic...
KT's handling Gambit a lot better in the last 2 issues. I know in issue #1 there were some problems with his characterisation, but he reads quite well in this issue...and she writes another strong Rogue here, which was expected, KT's got a good feel for her.

Kelly Thompson is only 2 issues away from being the best "ROMY" writer ever. I know Nicieza, Lobdell and Claremont wrote some nice relationship moments in the past, but KT's taking it to another level.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #485 on: March 07, 2018, 01:27:28 PM »
It was a very good issue!
This issue has the best Gambit from this series so far.

And KT did smth that Amsus were not able to do for me with this issue. Gambit was fighting multiple enemies, dodging attacks and at the same time kicking enemies with his bo staff. He wasn't even punched once by them!
While Rogue was punched at the beginning and was fighting like brawler, Gambit was fighting as at his old times.

Kudos for KT. Remy was used really really good here.
Now I am really interested to see whose take on Gambit I would love more at the end. Her Gambit or Amus'.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #486 on: March 07, 2018, 01:40:37 PM »
Glad to hear it! I probably won't be able to read it for a couple days so this is really good news

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #487 on: March 07, 2018, 01:52:05 PM »
Yeah, great issue.  #2 still stands atop my favorite issue of the young year so far though. But great action and worthwhile dialogue to go with it all throughout the issue. Not just constant blabbering that we see in a lot of Marvel comics.
Who Dat

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #488 on: March 07, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »
This book is Romy deep! I am happy it wasn't just a fun adventure of Gambit and Rogue. It is fun but at the same time it is emotional, super hot and actioned packed.
I think issue 3 had everything I want from Gambit book.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #489 on: March 07, 2018, 01:55:04 PM »
Yeah, great issue.  #2 still stands atop my favorite issue of the young year so far though. But great action and worthwhile dialogue to go with it all throughout the issue. Not just constant blabbering that we see in a lot of Marvel comics.

Yeah. Dialogue was so good that issue felt long even that preview pages showed first 5 pages.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #490 on: March 07, 2018, 02:14:00 PM »
One of the reason's why #3 stands out for me is because it was a much longer read than the first 2, as great as they were, I remember it took no time to finish reading those, whereas here in #3, it was a lot more deeper, a lot more going on...though I did love issue #2's "first meeting" scenes, some really great writing there too...but I don't know, #3 was very meaty, a lot of material.

Perez's action scenes were excellent, the one page that stood out was this large melee of clones, it's the page where Gambit says "Rogue! Switch!" beautifully drawn.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 02:15:32 PM by Sparta »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #491 on: March 07, 2018, 05:23:18 PM »
Gambit`s reaction to Kitty as this gif was perfect ;D

https://gifer.com/en/2A3A

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #492 on: March 07, 2018, 05:23:47 PM »
It was a good issue. The fight scene drawn well. Antarctica addressed which was good and Rogue owning it which she should have done back then instead of getting a hall pass. There was no "self loathing" excuse used.

I was amused at the therapeutic method. LOL

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #493 on: March 07, 2018, 05:58:08 PM »
So help me, I really enjoyed this issue. I think I might be falling back in love with these two. And that kind of makes me angry.

But that "someone else" speech bothers me. We all know she meant Erik and if it were anyone else but him, I'd be 100 percent on her side.

But I do like that KT addressed it, even if I disagree with it.

Other stuff I liked:
the recognition of Antarctica on their relationship
Romy sex!
The fight with the Romy clones though too obvious in its symbolism was still a lot of fun
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #494 on: March 07, 2018, 06:08:00 PM »
KT so far made a great work with them.

She is doing her best with some terrible bagage created by other writers. I hope mini will continue to be as good.