Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148527 times)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #570 on: March 22, 2018, 09:34:54 AM »
There's always a chance for KT to write a volume 2 in the future now that she'll be more prominent at Marvel. Or maybe she'll write them both in an X-Men book.
Though I can't see anyone else write a 'Rogue/Gambit' series, I think KT is the only one that's capable of writing a high quality R&G book.

This. KT seems to be blowing up w Marvel, so even if R&G ends at #5, she certainly has a lot of love for the characters, so I wouldn't doubt she writes them again down the road

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #571 on: March 22, 2018, 06:50:27 PM »

This. KT seems to be blowing up w Marvel, so even if R&G ends at #5, she certainly has a lot of love for the characters, so I wouldn't doubt she writes them again down the road

I would definitely say that this is our best bet. Thankfully for us, she seems like a pretty diehard fan. Plus, the feedback/praise she's getting from fans via her twitter/tumblr posts certainly must have a positive effect on both her and Marvel.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #572 on: March 28, 2018, 09:44:16 PM »
This mini was a nice little diversion and nostalgia but it's time for Gambit especially to be his own character.  If they must be an item let them be an item apart from each other as Gambit will never get his due being Rogue's sidepiece.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #573 on: March 28, 2018, 11:21:52 PM »
This mini was a nice little diversion and nostalgia but it's time for Gambit especially to be his own character.  If they must be an item let them be an item apart from each other as Gambit will never get his due being Rogue's sidepiece.

Agreed. Both characters need to still be in separate books, we don't want a repeat of what happened in Milligan's run, or Gambit being the plot device in Carey's. Ideally separate teams (if together/or not)...and the occasional rendezvous once every few issues.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #575 on: March 29, 2018, 11:06:53 PM »
Damn... That was fairly savage.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #576 on: March 30, 2018, 01:51:16 AM »
Gambit being useful?  Boy Kelly keeps trying to rope me in but not quite.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #577 on: March 30, 2018, 02:52:22 AM »
Preview: http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-preview-rogue-gambit-4-finds-the-power-couple-in-dire-straights

Thank you! Great preview.

Love this book!
Gambit explpsion is dangerous :smitten:
Cool! Previous issue gave one of the best fights for Gambit in years. Can`t wait for this issue.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #578 on: March 30, 2018, 03:03:55 AM »
I am really loving how Kelly Thompson has been using Gambit's skills and powers in such a creative manner.  The preview looks amazing and will really miss this book once the series ends. 

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #579 on: March 30, 2018, 07:18:56 AM »
So great. Two of my favorite books Marvel is putting out right now are minis that I wish could be turned into ongoings (this and Tales of Suspense).
Who Dat

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #580 on: March 30, 2018, 09:40:29 AM »
It’s amazing to see Gambit being useful and skilled again. His powers were fading but he was still able to free them really fast and hurt the villain. Don’t remember the last time he was necessarily brutal like that. Also Rogue and Gambit’s dynamic was great too. The way she kept distracting Lavish cause she knew Gambit was working to get them out of there. So good. That's the best Gambit we've had in years.       

Offline M

• X-Man
« Reply #581 on: March 30, 2018, 10:38:43 AM »

No one get's a long term relationship in Marvel

Like Peter Parker and MJ are not going to get together?
C'mon man

IDK, I thought speech in #3 was supposed to be an apology. Given the past 2 issues, it looked like he had already let it go (which I know a lot of you guys already didn’t like, I get that.) And if this isn’t a good enough for an apology, I get that too. I wish it had been stronger too, though it’s ‘rational’ enough reason for a girl with a terrible ‘father figure’ (mystique) growing up.

Meta arguments keep getting brought up, because the whole thing is ‘meta problems’. The more I find out about marvel’s behind the scenes stuff, the more it seems that ‘Romy’ wasn’t intended as a long term thing, but it became very popular, so it was extended, but it seems the writers and editors almost resented it for being more popular than they intended. Antarctica happened because the new writers didn’t like gambit and wanted to kill him off, but somehow didn’t realize they were writing a stupid story, but assumed most people must agree with them and wouldn’t mind.

Likewise, Carey, and the editors in involved, clearly intended roguneto to be a big long term thing, but it was much less popular than intended. Carey at least was resentfu that it wasn’t liked and from what gage had said and how his story was written, I think he wanted them to stay together too, but the fans weren’t buying it (literally and figuratively, because marvel doesn’t care about angry fans, if sales are good.). So we have the original story, which was stupid and sexist, because behind the scenes guys just wanted it to happen, the break up story which was also stupid, but not quite as bad, because behind the scenes people realized it was losing money and ordered it done.

And now KT is, to an extent, re-writing that story, and she’s probably conscious that some of the behind the scenes higher up guys that wanted the magneto story in the first place are still there but they also approved this story...So it’s like meta tight rope, lol.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #582 on: March 30, 2018, 11:01:50 AM »
It’s amazing to see Gambit being useful and skilled again. His powers were fading but he was still able to free them really fast and hurt the villain. Don’t remember the last time he was necessarily brutal like that. Also Rogue and Gambit’s dynamic was great too. The way she kept distracting Lavish cause she knew Gambit was working to get them out of there. So good. That's the best Gambit we've had in years.     

I agree that it is the best Gambit in years.
I hope in RED he will be good too.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:25:22 AM by purplevit »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #583 on: March 30, 2018, 11:54:06 AM »
No one get's a long term relationship in Marvel

Like Peter Parker and MJ are not going to get together?
C'mon man

Ugh. One of the many reasons I dropped ASM.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member