Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148521 times)

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #585 on: April 02, 2018, 09:14:36 PM »
List Ned to it earlier. I liked that she brought up context regarding Remy’s pursuit of Rogue, even if I disagree how she handled it in issue 1.

And I disagree about her being more powerful than him.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 11:19:00 PM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #586 on: April 03, 2018, 03:38:19 AM »
It was a very enjoyable interview! I am happy that final product is Romy deep and not just a fun adventures. I love to hear writer thoughts about characters. Can`t wait for #4.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #587 on: April 03, 2018, 10:36:31 AM »
And I disagree about her being more powerful than him.

Why do you say that? I was always under the impression that she was more powerful.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #588 on: April 03, 2018, 11:45:03 AM »
Because... she is.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #589 on: April 03, 2018, 11:49:54 AM »
Because... she is.

Yeah I thought this was common knowledge.
Who Dat

Offline Meliorist

• Guild Scholar
« Reply #590 on: April 03, 2018, 12:12:18 PM »
Maybe depends on the scope you are viewing? Gambit at full power vs Rogue now or Gambit vs Rogue with just her power/limited absorbed. View points don't necessarily have to be strictly right here right now

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #591 on: April 03, 2018, 12:43:12 PM »
True... but Rogue at full power (to the point of exploding) held the abilities of every hero on Earth (that was available) and fought off a celestial. You know, a giant space god? When you take away the advantages of Rogue's secondary abilities (strength, flight and durability), she's got no chance. But that's not the case, neither is Gambit's god-mode cheat code. As is versus as is, Gambit can hold her off, but in the end, there's not all that he can do outside of keeping her off balance.

Now, god-Gambit (essentially New Son) Versus space god stopper- Rogue (sound like 90s action figures)? That'd be fun to watch. Kind of a toss up. Question is... Gambit killed the phoenix at full power. Is PF possessed Jean stronger than the giant foot of a celestial?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #592 on: April 03, 2018, 01:33:32 PM »
Full power Gambit kills full power Rogue because he can travel in time. He killed Phoenix and Apocalypse.

Rogue without brawler powers is not a danger to him at all.

Rogue with brawler powers will win most fights vs normal Gambit. But he still can defeat her.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #593 on: April 03, 2018, 02:07:54 PM »
i should have elaborated, because now *I* can't recall why I said that, which is frustrating. Maybe something to do with power potential? Something about atoms/molecules? Because just speaking in general it's no contest that it's her.

If it comes to me again, I'll explain further.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #594 on: April 03, 2018, 02:11:09 PM »
As is Rogue is more powerful, Gambit at full power could destroy the multiverse, its the whole reason New Sun tried to train him then try and kill him, New Sun Killed Pheonix and Apocalypse and wiped out his entire world, then traveled through other universes and created his own dimension. Gambit at full power with full control is the most powerful being in Marvel, unfortunately its all been forgotten and brushed under the carpet.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #595 on: April 03, 2018, 04:54:13 PM »
Interesting how Gambits un PC- ness is talked about...with the one host saying gambit can be creepy and "douchy" towards women

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #596 on: April 03, 2018, 05:18:05 PM »
Well, there's a distinct reason I stopped listening to that podcast ages ago. It's like listening to someone talk to themselves. There is very rarely a difference in opinion. Sonically as well. I used to be able to tell who's talking but I found it hard. Pretty sure they used to both do it together and now I think they do it via phone or Skype. I believe one moved from Portland to NYC, or vice versa.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #597 on: April 04, 2018, 09:50:23 AM »
Regarding their fighting abilities, it depends on the nature of the fight.  If it is a non-lethal fight then Rogue probably wins most of the time as her strength and durability wins a battle of attrition. 

If it is a fight to the death then it would depend on who got the upper hand first but I would lean towards Gambit slightly.  Rogue would need to get in close to use her strength and durability and I would imagine Gambit could peg her with a fully powered card to stun her and then finish her off with a few cards.  We saw what a full deck of cards did to Gladiator and even that was Gambit ultimately being non-lethal.

I suppose Rogue can fly around throwing crap at him but I would think he would use his agility to avoid those objects while I don't know that Rogue could truly avoid Gambit's cards but it is an interesting matching.  Strength and durability vs Agility and extreme attacking power.

New Son Gambit vs Full Power Rogue is pretty much over in a few seconds realistically as New Son would simply charge the cells in Rogue's body from a safe distance and make her go boom.  She wouldn't ever be able to get close enough to do anything to him and even if she did, New Son is far more durable than regular Gambit as he has a constant flow of energy surrounding him and is more akin to a psionic/energy being without a real physical body.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 09:53:19 AM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #598 on: April 04, 2018, 09:55:54 AM »
As for the issue, it was probably the best issue so far and was close to convincing me that Romy could work at present.  It would have been interesting to see what KT could have done with them if she had a clean slate and none of the baggage but sadly she does not and there is still too much left unsaid between them for me to be a full believer.  But it is a rather enjoyable and at times emotional read.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #599 on: April 04, 2018, 12:46:19 PM »
As for the issue, it was probably the best issue so far and was close to convincing me that Romy could work at present.  It would have been interesting to see what KT could have done with them if she had a clean slate and none of the baggage but sadly she does not and there is still too much left unsaid between them for me to be a full believer.  But it is a rather enjoyable and at times emotional read.

Nice! Excited to read it. Definitely seems like each issue is better than the previous.

I feel like Marvel has made me jaded when it comes to their relationships. None of them seem to stick. Even ones like MJ and Pete or Medusa and BB have been broken up to shake up the status quo. As someone who really loves Romy, I'm not sure I'd want them back together right now because someone will just break them up again in another year, just adding to their baggage