Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148563 times)

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #660 on: April 08, 2018, 07:13:54 PM »
Bishop is best clean cut or in dreds.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #661 on: April 08, 2018, 07:18:29 PM »
Gambit #17

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #662 on: April 08, 2018, 07:22:43 PM »
Didn't remember this one. So forgettable.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #663 on: April 08, 2018, 07:29:44 PM »
I never noticed that! Thanks!
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #664 on: April 08, 2018, 07:42:57 PM »
Re: Gambit's man bun.

Oh man, I don't know now. I don't know why I think in Asmus solo .... you're gonna make me grab my trades and look! LMAO

It could have been in the Storm series too.

Well, maybe Dantay will come to the rescue on this. LOL

Bishop started with a mullet then went shaved, in his ongoing and return set after UXM 348 he had dreads, then in XXM he had long straight hair then shaved again then longish corn rolls depending on the artist. Gambit always had long hair, length depended on the artist, for example in UXM 337 his hair is really long probably the longest its ever been drawn,apart from his long ass pony tail in x-men 4 during the basketball game and 8 the pie issue, UXM 334 is another time i can think of off the top of my head that he had it tied in a ponytail, during his first ongoing it was usually tied up in a ponytail with the headsock on, issue 16 & 17 of Asmus run he had a man bun as well as Storm issue 9, also in Gambit Origins his head is shaved for the brain surgery Sinister is about to perform

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #665 on: April 08, 2018, 08:38:11 PM »
 Thanks andresa for the images. Thanks Dantay! I knew you'd come through.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #666 on: April 08, 2018, 10:29:37 PM »
Bishop started with a mullet then went shaved, in his ongoing and return set after UXM 348 he had dreads, then in XXM he had long straight hair then shaved again then longish corn rolls depending on the artist. Gambit always had long hair, length depended on the artist, for example in UXM 337 his hair is really long probably the longest its ever been drawn,apart from his long ass pony tail in x-men 4 during the basketball game and 8 the pie issue, UXM 334 is another time i can think of off the top of my head that he had it tied in a ponytail, during his first ongoing it was usually tied up in a ponytail with the headsock on, issue 16 & 17 of Asmus run he had a man bun as well as Storm issue 9, also in Gambit Origins his head is shaved for the brain surgery Sinister is about to perform

...what the... How... Where the @&## do you store all this? Your brain doesn't work like normal brains. It is magnificent and needs to be preserved for future generations of guild members.

Purp. Get the chainsaw.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #667 on: April 08, 2018, 11:21:13 PM »
He's probably memorized everything, including page numbers, letters pages and ads.

It's downright *sunglasses on* uncanny.
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #668 on: April 09, 2018, 12:43:37 AM »
We love him for it too.  :gambit:

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #669 on: April 09, 2018, 01:47:10 AM »

...what the... How... Where the @&## do you store all this? Your brain doesn't work like normal brains. It is magnificent and needs to be preserved for future generations of guild members.

Purp. Get the chainsaw.

Ahah, on ny way ;D

Dantay is like Witness in flesh and blood :)

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #670 on: April 09, 2018, 10:05:05 AM »

Purp. Get the chainsaw.

LMAO i know its weird if only i had a memory like this for other things in life like science or math haha its funny too cause i remember the stuff from the 90's much easier than the comics of the last 16 years that arnt Gambit solos or minis/one shots. Its all because i re read the comics over and over again, now i havent re read my entire collection in a few years but funny enough i did happen to read that Storm issue about a month ago.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #671 on: April 09, 2018, 04:55:22 PM »
R&G 5

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #672 on: April 12, 2018, 08:45:38 PM »

Edit: Actually the one thing I read this month that I found worse than the gun-guy, was crying Gambit in RG4. Crying Gambit bothers me greatly.

Yeah, I have to agree. That was the one part that threw me in R+G #4.

The above from the other thread and not in response – my point trying to be linear from where my view comes from.

Warning:
Not for the faint of heart and quite frankly, I'm not giving a hall pass –  understand in the end, its an opinion. :)

The thing that sits wrong is what Gambit is seeing isn't the same level of an issue as what she saw from him. The comparison is completely different. Not on par what so ever … seriously … Not the same.

Gambit's mind view: Rogue's power issues when they first met and her vulnerability that came with them was enough or her wanting to have a relationship makes him CRY?! Really. WTF. Everyone feels vulnerable in a new relationship.

What might have worked was Deathbit, Gambit trying to kill her and how she felt about that could have been worthy of tears.

Rogue's mind view: How much she hurt him by the trust issues, especially with the Avengers. She cries, that actually makes sense. Trust is a big deal to Gambit.

This sits wrong with the “Gambit only” fan.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 08:31:07 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #673 on: April 13, 2018, 09:18:15 AM »
Deathbit was the reason why their relationship ended for 12 years, a very significant part of their history. I know it was a terrible story arc (probably the worst Gambit story ever written), but probably should've got a mention. It was the knock-out punch that had them apart for so many years.

That being said, I'm in the camp that loves the series, by far the best Rogue/Gambit story ever written, and if #5 is as good as the rest (which I think it will be) It'll be my favourite X-Men mini series (along with Claremont/Frank Miller 'Wolverine')

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 09:20:19 AM by Sparta »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #674 on: April 13, 2018, 11:10:50 AM »
Prior disclaimers still stand. :)

I get it, I know there are those who enjoy this mini and will treasure it and all of that. I think that is great. I'll always love Gambit's first mini. It just holds a special place. I can see it holding special place for those who romy.

There is problems with this mini, like there was with Mackie's. However ... Mackie had more pages to work with. And there is only so much that can be done in 20 pages.

It's the glossing over of some things. And fans are glossing things over or are not as bothered by those things.

Those things that bother me:
Issue #1 in the #metoo movement environment was a huge one and if sales is an indicator, I'm not wrong on that. The promo piece for which the writer tried to quell wasn't wrong.

Rogue has not apologized, she has not taken ownership of her own misdeeds and she is one half of the equation, so far - its all on Gambit.

Gambit crying for the reason given is very fanfic like, mostly women write that sort of thing with male characters. The reason needed to be stronger with more resonance.

That said - I'm genuinely happy for those who are enjoying this book and can easily over look its faults. 

I'm happy for the romys who finally got their book.  :)

edit:
For the record: I have supported this book with my dollars.  I did that for Gambit - but other Gambit only fans bailed after issue 1 and they didn't come back (look at sales). That is on the writer.

@Don, in case you haven't seen the tweets at the other place in the romy thread, guess what is getting a nod ........ thats right buddy .... those cats!!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 11:38:41 AM by Nekobaghira »