Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148488 times)

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #675 on: April 13, 2018, 12:07:01 PM »
That's fair Neko, the book's not for everyone. :)
Let's hope Gambit gets a bit more panel time in X-Men books after the mini ends (hopefully with 'Red' and maybe another book)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 06:43:12 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #676 on: April 13, 2018, 12:23:26 PM »
That's fair Neko, the book's not for everyone. :)
Let's hope Gambit gets a bit more panel time in X-Men books after the mini ends (hopefully with 'Red' and maybe another book)

Agreed. Because Soule has not really used Gambit much in Astonishing and I feel like I'm going to go through withdrawals after R&G haha

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #677 on: April 15, 2018, 01:27:24 PM »

@Don, in case you haven't seen the tweets at the other place in the romy thread, guess what is getting a nod ........ thats right buddy .... those cats!!!!

Yes... I noticed. I chose not to address it. @#$@ those cats. And your disgusting avatar. Those fleabags are ten times worse than seeing him cry because he chooses to dampen his testosterone daily be keeping them. No. No. No.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #678 on: April 15, 2018, 01:31:56 PM »
Yes... I noticed. I chose not to address it. @#$@ those cats. And your disgusting avatar. Those fleabags are ten times worse than seeing him cry because he chooses to dampen his testosterone daily be keeping them. No. No. No.

*evil laugh* now I won't be changing that avatar anytime soon. 

We'll agree to disagree about what is worse though.  :D

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #679 on: April 15, 2018, 01:52:46 PM »
*evil laugh* now I won't be changing that avatar anytime soon. 

We'll agree to disagree about what is worse though.  :D

You can't control tears Neko! Sometimes they just come! I stubbed my toe two days ago and shed a manly, salty tear of pain. Or that time I re-watched the ID4 president speech for 100th time and it just keeps getting better every time! Or the tears of joy of joy I wept when all those sparkly Vampires died in that horrible movie, or the tears of sorrow that followed when it was all a effing vision!
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #680 on: April 15, 2018, 02:26:18 PM »

You can't control tears Neko! Sometimes they just come! I stubbed my toe two days ago and shed a manly, salty tear of pain. Or that time I re-watched the ID4 president speech for 100th time and it just keeps getting better every time! Or the tears of joy of joy I wept when all those sparkly Vampires died in that horrible movie, or the tears of sorrow that followed when it was all a effing vision!

Do you really want to discuss this? Because I do have a response but am choosing to not say anything.  ;)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #681 on: April 15, 2018, 03:10:41 PM »
Do you really want to discuss this? Because I do have a response but am choosing to not say anything.  ;)

About what? The brilliance of the ID4 President speech, those wretched sparkly vampires mu wife made watch of hours of or my inflamed pinky toe?

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #682 on: April 15, 2018, 03:27:35 PM »

About what? The brilliance of the ID4 President speech, those wretched sparkly vampires mu wife made watch of hours of or my inflamed pinky toe?

Inflamed pinky toe while can cause tears is not the same as romance novel type stuff for which the crying was based on. I don't know any guy who cries with sparklie vamps or speeches. Pain though, yes ... but what was written in RG4 is romance novel type thing for a male crying. It wasn't believable to me nor would I want to see Gambit cry over romance novel type stuff.  ;)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #683 on: April 15, 2018, 04:41:18 PM »
Inflamed pinky toe while can cause tears is not the same as romance novel type stuff for which the crying was based on. I don't know any guy who cries with sparklie vamps or speeches. Pain though, yes ... but what was written in RG4 is romance novel type thing for a male crying. It wasn't believable to me nor would I want to see Gambit cry over romance novel type stuff.  ;)

I don't think you quite appreciate the satisfaction of watching those "vampires" die one at a time or understand the profound sorrow I felt as I realized it never happened. As for the Gambit crying part... I didn't really care one way or another. But it made me itchy. I'm not an emotional type. You should see my wedding pictures.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #684 on: April 15, 2018, 05:11:18 PM »
I don't think you quite appreciate the satisfaction of watching those "vampires" die one at a time or understand the profound sorrow I felt as I realized it never happened.

LMAO - having watched the films, I know what you are talking about. I was rather surprised as well with the mind eff. :)

Not a fan of those books or the films. The worst vamps ever - imo.

As for the Gambit crying part... I didn't really care one way or another. But it made me itchy. I'm not an emotional type. You should see my wedding pictures.

I dunno if we're on the same page or not. But I cared because that is not how I see Gambit. Which is why I went with the reasoning not solid enough.

It isn't how I see Gambit at all, and while I enjoy romance novels, men crying is not something that I can relate to in any romance novel I've read. I've stopped reading authors who made that a trait.

Lets think about this for a second - who is the target of comic books? Is it shifting? Do men want to see men crying? I'd like to know because I can tell you, no, I don't. This coming from a female. I'm not the target at all.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #685 on: April 15, 2018, 05:52:41 PM »
LMAO - having watched the films, I know what you are talking about. I was rather surprised as well with the mind eff. :)

Not a fan of those books or the films. The worst vamps ever - imo.

I dunno if we're on the same page or not. But I cared because that is not how I see Gambit. Which is why I went with the reasoning not solid enough.

It isn't how I see Gambit at all, and while I enjoy romance novels, men crying is not something that I can relate to in any romance novel I've read. I've stopped reading authors who made that a trait.

Lets think about this for a second - who is the target of comic books? Is it shifting? Do men want to see men crying? I'd like to know because I can tell you, no, I don't. This coming from a female. I'm not the target at all.
agree...what bothers me about this rogue -gambit series is it seems to be a continuation of the ongoing "PC makeover" of gambit. Im female as well but I get a kick out of ladies man gambit..with a bit of arrogance and confidence is what made him appealing to this fan

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #686 on: April 15, 2018, 07:45:04 PM »
The thing that sits wrong is what Gambit is seeing isn't the same level of an issue as what she saw from him. The comparison is completely different. Not on par what so ever … seriously … Not the same.

That is exactly what I thought. It didn't make me teary eyed as a reader (though I did have an "aww, Rogue" moment, but then again, yeah, I'm a Rogue fan too  :P ) but I don't think it should have evoked a strong "tears streaming down his cheeks" kind of moment. "Teary-eyed" would have been enough for me. But that's my opinion...

That being said, this unabashed Romy fan is still loving this series and will miss it once it's gone.  :)

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #687 on: April 15, 2018, 08:33:32 PM »

That is exactly what I thought. It didn't make me teary eyed as a reader (though I did have an "aww, Rogue" moment, but then again, yeah, I'm a Rogue fan too  :P ) but I don't think it should have evoked a strong "tears streaming down his cheeks" kind of moment. "Teary-eyed" would have been enough for me. But that's my opinion...

See, I thought it *was* just being a bit teary-eyed, and then I looked again, and...yeah, I agree. I don't mind Fluffy Gambit sometimes, but I do miss the classic version. I don't think we'll be seeing cocky kickass ladies man Remy anytime soon, because that sort of character is losing its popularity. (The ladies man aspect, I mean.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:15:39 PM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #688 on: April 15, 2018, 09:42:55 PM »

agree...what bothers me about this rogue -gambit series is it seems to be a continuation of the ongoing "PC makeover" of gambit. Im female as well but I get a kick out of ladies man gambit..with a bit of arrogance and confidence is what made him appealing to this fan
That is exactly what I thought. It didn't make me teary eyed as a reader (though I did have an "aww, Rogue" moment, but then again, yeah, I'm a Rogue fan too  ) but I don't think it should have evoked a strong "tears streaming down his cheeks" kind of moment. "Teary-eyed" would have been enough for me. But that's my opinion...

That being said, this unabashed Romy fan is still loving this series and will miss it once it's gone.

Meant to reply to both separately but .. we seem to be on the same wavelength discussion – wise. Hope you can follow my views, if not, ask. :)

I had not thought of the “pc makeover” of Gambit. Didn't see it but can now and I will say, I don't want him made over. I adore ladies man Gambit, because of who he is .. not for anything else. It may not be appropriate for the time period but damn – I love him. Chivalry, I like a man to help a lady – she may not need it or want it, its nice to be asked.

IMO
I enjoy romance novel stuff – I do, sue me. LMAO. Gambit's end game needs to have him in an equal relationship.

Edit: redundant on my part ... no need for the same old drivel from me. LOL

See what you want to see … but Gambit is not coming out of this mini the guy I adore.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:16:01 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #689 on: April 15, 2018, 09:48:10 PM »
Interesting... When was the last time you saw the Gambit you adore.? Then I'd like to tackle your childhood and relationship with your mother. I'd also like to revisit this next week at next session.