Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148754 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #690 on: April 15, 2018, 10:04:00 PM »
Interesting... When was the last time you saw the Gambit you adore.? Then I'd like to tackle your childhood and relationship with your mother. I'd also like to revisit this next week at next session.

I have not seen him in a long time.

What does my mother have to do with it? LOL

We can waste time if you want ...

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #691 on: April 16, 2018, 10:09:08 AM »
...I think we're making progress here. I foresee a wonderful breakthrough for you.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #692 on: April 17, 2018, 09:02:28 AM »
Lol

The the 'men crying' subject, I don't mind as well as it's 'restrained' so to speak. I never thought of it as a PC makeover, but I guess it could be. He doesn't even need much of a make over. The ladies man/ harassing angle gets overblown most of the time.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #693 on: April 17, 2018, 09:35:04 AM »
I find it funny that people still let him use that title. Wolverine, Beast, Cyclops, Angel, and even Iceman have been involved with more ladies than him and most them are considered "square". Gambit has earned that title as much as Fantomex is the X-Men's "premier thief". But in today's ultra sensitive climate, I doubt that will change. I think sometimes people forget what may seem as a negative trait is still part of a person. It matters as much as a virtue. If we start cutting away everything that looks not all the way above board, we'll be reading stories about robots.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #694 on: April 17, 2018, 10:04:30 AM »
"Fantomex is the X-Men's "premier thief"
Than what does that make gambit? Lol

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #695 on: April 17, 2018, 02:32:06 PM »
Than what does that make gambit? Lol

Ask Marvel. They are the ones that gave him the title during his Max series..

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #696 on: April 17, 2018, 02:58:16 PM »

Ask Marvel. They are the ones that gave him the title during his Max series..

He had a Max series? Asking, I don't recall it but maybe I missed something. LOL

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #697 on: April 17, 2018, 03:30:32 PM »
He had a Max series? Asking, I don't recall it but maybe I missed something. LOL

He did, which is kind of baffling, but it wasn't supposed to be very good iirc

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #698 on: April 17, 2018, 03:44:42 PM »

He did, which is kind of baffling, but it wasn't supposed to be very good iirc

Wow, I need to look for this .. how did I miss it! LOL Who knows.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #699 on: April 17, 2018, 04:23:22 PM »
You guys talking about the Fatomex Max mini series?  I never read it either, but heard it wasn't very good.

Online Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
  • "Stay conscious and true to yourself."
« Reply #700 on: April 17, 2018, 04:32:47 PM »
Ugh, don’t remind me. I think it came out around the time the solo was ending, or near there—it seemed like an extra f you to us.

And I agree that his relationships with women are blown way out of proportion.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:45:07 PM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #701 on: April 17, 2018, 05:05:33 PM »
Wow, I need to look for this .. how did I miss it! LOL Who knows.

You missed it because it was an epic flop. Debuted at 19K in sales and finished with a 4 digit number.
No one cares about this character except writers...probably because Grant Morrison created him, I dunno...
He's a cross between Gambit and Deadpool...but crap.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #702 on: April 17, 2018, 09:09:15 PM »

You missed it because it was an epic flop. Debuted at 19K in sales and finished with a 4 digit number.
No one cares about this character except writers...probably because Grant Morrison created him, I dunno...
He's a cross between Gambit and Deadpool...but crap.

I'm actually surprised someone writing Deadpool hasn't made a crack about him yet... To be honest, if we ever got a Gambit solo, I don't think I'd mind seeing the three of them pull a job together... or Gambit and Deadpool working together, run into Fantomex (possibly doing the same job), and then the three end up fall in. Could be pretty fun. But it'd have to be via a Gambit solo. I don't trust anyone the writes Deadpool to do Gambit justice.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #703 on: April 18, 2018, 10:42:01 AM »

I'm actually surprised someone writing Deadpool hasn't made a crack about him yet... To be honest, if we ever got a Gambit solo, I don't think I'd mind seeing the three of them pull a job together... or Gambit and Deadpool working together, run into Fantomex (possibly doing the same job), and then the three end up fall in. Could be pretty fun. But it'd have to be via a Gambit solo. I don't trust anyone the writes Deadpool to do Gambit justice.

I would read it if it was written by someone who was also a Gambit fan. Otherwise I just know he'd end up being the butt of every joke

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #704 on: April 18, 2018, 11:58:51 AM »

I would read it if it was written by someone who was also a Gambit fan. Otherwise I just know he'd end up being the butt of every joke
dosen't Deadpool make fun of everyone and everything..all.day long...continuously. On and on lol -