Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 151844 times)

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #795 on: May 30, 2018, 06:59:19 PM »
For those interested, this episode of "Marvel Quickdraw" has Daniel Warren Johnson drawing Gambit & Rogue:

http://marvel.com/videos/watch/6753?linkId=52362437

I wish they would have focused a bit more on the drawing part... :(

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #796 on: May 31, 2018, 02:07:33 AM »
For those interested, this episode of "Marvel Quickdraw" has Daniel Warren Johnson drawing Gambit & Rogue:

http://marvel.com/videos/watch/6753?linkId=52362437

Thanks. I liked it ;)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #797 on: May 31, 2018, 10:01:04 AM »

Yeah, having never watched any of these before, the title felt a little deceiving haha I thought it would be more of a time-lapse. Still a cool video though, and I really like that sketch he did.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #798 on: June 04, 2018, 07:01:43 PM »
Glad y'all liked it.  :)  I just noticed that on Marvel's Instagram account, the preview of the Quickdraw episode focused entirely on the drawing. Voilà:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjaaHuPlsO9/?hl=en&taken-by=marvel

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #799 on: June 05, 2018, 10:21:00 AM »
Not sure if anyone follows Jim Lee's Twitch, but he did a live drawing of Gambit and Rogue yesterday. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/268969943

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #800 on: June 05, 2018, 10:36:33 AM »
That looks so amazing. I love Jim Lee's work so much and he is one of my all time favourite artists along with Clay Mann.

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #801 on: June 05, 2018, 04:07:44 PM »
R0d got his question answered in X-Po:Love is in the air, as R0d asks, “What are the odds for a Rogue & Gambit Volume 2? A five issue miniseries wasn’t enough, we need more of them and from Kelly Thompson, she is great.”White: I will say that I would certainly enjoy that as a reader. I’ve heard from a lot of fans who feel the same way. It’s certainly something we will consider. R&G are one of the most fun couples in the X-Universe, up there with Scott & Jean in my heart.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 04:10:10 PM by DonPriceTag »

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #802 on: June 05, 2018, 04:12:33 PM »
Not sure if anyone follows Jim Lee's Twitch, but he did a live drawing of Gambit and Rogue yesterday. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/268969943
Thank you! Love Lee's art.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #803 on: June 05, 2018, 04:26:22 PM »
R0d got his question answered in X-Po:Love is in the air, as R0d asks, “What are the odds for a Rogue & Gambit Volume 2? A five issue miniseries wasn’t enough, we need more of them and from Kelly Thompson, she is great.”White: I will say that I would certainly enjoy that as a reader. I’ve heard from a lot of fans who feel the same way. It’s certainly something we will consider. R&G are one of the most fun couples in the X-Universe, up there with Scott & Jean in my heart.

Kind of a non-committal answer but that's cool he answered. It means they're at least conscious of the demand for more R&G

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #804 on: June 05, 2018, 07:01:34 PM »
Wow, what talent. He draws such an amazing Gambit.  :smitten:

Kind of a non-committal answer but that's cool he answered. It means they're at least conscious of the demand for more R&G

Yeah, it's kind of encouraging...and yet, not really. I'm never sure if they mean it or they're just leading us on.

Online purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #805 on: June 06, 2018, 02:22:51 AM »
Ahah, Nox I love your avatar.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #806 on: June 06, 2018, 02:37:50 PM »

Yeah, that's pretty great haha

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #807 on: June 06, 2018, 06:33:45 PM »

Yeah, that's pretty great haha
LOL! Thanks.  ;)  Of all of Pere Perez's art in R+G, I just love that Gambit image. Remy's got that trademark 90's smirk.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:42:39 PM by Nox »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #808 on: June 06, 2018, 11:31:39 PM »
Couple things I wouldn't mind seeing in a future vol;

I think tackling their relationship from the more Gambit centric side would be interesting. I'd recommend using Laura in a more little sister role. Have her no be completely sold on the idea of Gambit being back with Rogue. Not from a jealousy standpoint, but more like a bratty little sister. For all intents and purposes, Laura has only heard of the two together, never been around with them as a couple. Let her ask the hard questions, but more from protective stance of Gambit. We've had other characters (and creators) do the same for Rogue. Laura can ask Gambit "why are you doing this again?" It could be both rhetorical and real as Laura may not be all that familiar with romantic forgiveness.

Oli and Becca; their son and daughter from the "The End" timeline. We've seen the couple get wrapped up in time travel exploits before. Perhaps bring back that Princess Gem thing. Have them glimpse or briefly visit that future timeline. Get some reactions from them and even tie up Oli's issues with his father. He blamed Gambit for Rogue's death. Give the character some closure and I'd love to have KT write Rogue's reaction to meeting her possible adult children, probably something she never thought she'd have, then given hope, just to have it ripped away again when her powers got scrambled back in UA.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #809 on: June 07, 2018, 10:19:35 AM »

I think tackling their relationship from the more Gambit centric side would be interesting. I'd recommend using Laura in a more little sister role. Have her no be completely sold on the idea of Gambit being back with Rogue. Not from a jealousy standpoint, but more like a bratty little sister. For all intents and purposes, Laura has only heard of the two together, never been around with them as a couple. Let her ask the hard questions, but more from protective stance of Gambit. We've had other characters (and creators) do the same for Rogue. Laura can ask Gambit "why are you doing this again?" It could be both rhetorical and real as Laura may not be all that familiar with romantic forgiveness.

I reeaally like this idea. Especially with how much he stuck up for her when Hellion was being an a-hole and helped her through that. It would be cool to see a callback to that