Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148586 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #825 on: June 23, 2018, 08:46:07 PM »

I don't think you caught my joke. It was rather crude anyway.  :-[  but still funny and accurate.
oh, I guess I didn't. That happens to me sometimes, really annoying when it happens irl.  ;)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #826 on: June 23, 2018, 11:18:36 PM »
Ok ok ok...

If "insert" is them using a character to infuse the story with thenself, it's a literary stand in for their member. Follow me now. If that's the case, then in this bit of wordplay, the "narrative" is figuratively the.........
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #827 on: June 26, 2018, 06:22:13 PM »
From Skottie Young's instagram...
It's a variant cover for MMX (not sure which issue) I'll have to check the solicits again.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 06:24:31 PM by Sparta »

Offline DearMachine

• Journeyman
« Reply #828 on: June 26, 2018, 09:06:42 PM »
I normally don't like Skottie Young's covers very much, but that is adorable. 

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #829 on: June 27, 2018, 08:40:39 AM »
...I need this cover...  :o

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #830 on: June 27, 2018, 10:18:57 AM »
Skottie Young doesn't often draw Gambit but I always love what he does with him. Definitely going to pick this up

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #831 on: July 02, 2018, 08:25:52 PM »
Darn...this isnt good :(

@LarrysComics
1h
Haw. It’s a legendary bat run. The trades & back issues just fly. You’re dead balls wrong. RT @ldsanty: @LarrysComics @RyanHigginsRyan Take a look at your orders for Rogue/Gambit Mini Series @Marvel just completed. Couldn't even sell 3 copies in store. Made it easy for us to pass

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #832 on: July 02, 2018, 09:08:20 PM »
what? what does that mean? Who's Larry?
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #833 on: July 02, 2018, 10:37:57 PM »
I too am having trouble deciphering what that means
Who Dat

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #834 on: July 02, 2018, 11:35:01 PM »
Well, based on Google searches... the bad and/or controversial things about people who have an internet presence seem to float to the top, and while there isn't a lot of negativity... what does appear is pretty ugly. Most of it was years ago. Seems like he's been in the business for a while, but his latest things show him being rather cross with the 'bait and switch' stuff, so that likely also attributed to his 'pass' attitude.

The mini sold well enough for them to greenlight MMX, regardless of what one LCS may or may not have sold.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #835 on: July 03, 2018, 12:01:52 AM »
Darn...this isnt good :(

We'll see how the bat/cat wedding sells now that it's been spoiled by the NY Times (I'm not posting a link, because writer Tom King is pretty annoyed by the reveal, so I'm not sure if they were supposed to announce it).

That being said, the Rogue fans amongst us should check out KT's twitter. Judging by the image posted, the art for M&MX will be top-notch, I think.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 12:25:28 AM by Nox »

Offline DearMachine

• Journeyman
« Reply #836 on: July 03, 2018, 08:00:35 AM »
I went back to the Twitter thread.

Marvel is not doing a great job with the Mr & Mrs X roll-out. They haven't communicated to their retailers what the book actually is, and they're screwing around with the cover variants. Apparently, many people collect J. Scott Campbell covers, and they've made them incentive (i.e. the store buys 25/100 regular covers and gets 1 variant cover) vs open-order (i.e. the store can order the variant covers directly).

I think it's legitimate that comic store owners are annoyed about that, since it's hurting their ability to run their business.

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #837 on: July 03, 2018, 09:28:17 AM »
Yeah, I was already concerned about the way they we're handling it initially. When you have a major book coming out and your secretive about that the retailers have no idea (because not everyone has time to be on the net) what it's called or the name is different than what's on the order form, then it becomes an issue. As soon as it was official Marverl should sent out free promotional poster and the such to make sure it's in front of the buyers... Stupid non-descript title doesn't help matters.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #838 on: July 03, 2018, 10:48:17 AM »
Yeah, I finally went into my LCS this last weekend to put that on my pull list and they kind of rolled their eyes and were going on about how pissed they were at Marvel. For example, in their order form it was still listed as X Classified. I really hope Marvel's lack of communication doesn't make the sales tank for this book.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #839 on: July 03, 2018, 06:25:02 PM »
Does Marvel track digital sales or is it just the physical copies sold? I've stopped going to shops, because it's too much of a hassle. I just get the digital copy then buy the trade when it comes out.