Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 24155 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #855 on: July 12, 2018, 07:56:58 AM »
I know they did.  I am saying without numbers that is subjective.  What is well mean?  I think it entirely possible that other books did better in trade but still got canceled for various reasons.  Unless you see Iceman numbers and can compare it to other books then it did well in trade is a meaningless comment.

You know I wasnt debating you, right? The way you worded it in your post it didn't sound rhetorical. Because it was exactly the reason they gave lol. I couldn't care less about this book.

But if they are basing the revival off of this, then why not pump out graphic novels every few months instead of pressuring shops to buy monthly books that won't sell?

Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #856 on: July 12, 2018, 10:10:37 AM »
But if they are basing the revival off of this, then why not pump out graphic novels every few months instead of pressuring shops to buy monthly books that won't sell?

That was my argument at cbr, don. I mentioned why not just release OGN's if that's where the book is successful. I can't remember why that was shot down, but someone had some rebuttal for it.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #857 on: July 12, 2018, 10:11:09 AM »

Or use their lame marketing scheme to bolster books for a variant, some of which doesn't benefit the book the variant was commissioned for.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #858 on: July 12, 2018, 07:10:38 PM »

You know I wasnt debating you, right? The way you worded it in your post it didn't sound rhetorical. Because it was exactly the reason they gave lol. I couldn't care less about this book.

It is a psychology thing.  Spending 3.99 or 4.99 a month seems more reasonable than spending 20+ dollars on a graphic novel particularly when you can buy a novel with a ton more story for less than that amount.  They likely fear some of those monthly buyers dropping out of the market altogether and aren't smart enough to come up with a marketing campaign to prevent that.

"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"