Poll

What is the true purpose of this mini?

To explore and solidify their relationship.
To officially split them apart.
Neither, just a fun adventure.

Author Topic: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk  (Read 148481 times)

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
Re: Rogue & Gambit- Discussion/ Spoiler Talk
« Reply #855 on: July 12, 2018, 07:56:58 AM »
I know they did.  I am saying without numbers that is subjective.  What is well mean?  I think it entirely possible that other books did better in trade but still got canceled for various reasons.  Unless you see Iceman numbers and can compare it to other books then it did well in trade is a meaningless comment.

You know I wasnt debating you, right? The way you worded it in your post it didn't sound rhetorical. Because it was exactly the reason they gave lol. I couldn't care less about this book.

But if they are basing the revival off of this, then why not pump out graphic novels every few months instead of pressuring shops to buy monthly books that won't sell?

Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #856 on: July 12, 2018, 10:10:37 AM »
But if they are basing the revival off of this, then why not pump out graphic novels every few months instead of pressuring shops to buy monthly books that won't sell?

That was my argument at cbr, don. I mentioned why not just release OGN's if that's where the book is successful. I can't remember why that was shot down, but someone had some rebuttal for it.
Who Dat

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #857 on: July 12, 2018, 10:11:09 AM »

Or use their lame marketing scheme to bolster books for a variant, some of which doesn't benefit the book the variant was commissioned for.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #858 on: July 12, 2018, 07:10:38 PM »

You know I wasnt debating you, right? The way you worded it in your post it didn't sound rhetorical. Because it was exactly the reason they gave lol. I couldn't care less about this book.

It is a psychology thing.  Spending 3.99 or 4.99 a month seems more reasonable than spending 20+ dollars on a graphic novel particularly when you can buy a novel with a ton more story for less than that amount.  They likely fear some of those monthly buyers dropping out of the market altogether and aren't smart enough to come up with a marketing campaign to prevent that.

"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #859 on: August 13, 2018, 04:46:43 AM »
I made some fanart and decided to share it here too :)

Offline magicrubbish

• Gambler
« Reply #860 on: August 13, 2018, 09:24:52 AM »
OMG ! This artwork is so so beautiful.  Magical , just like Romy ! They're indeed star crossed lovers.  Their love story , for the most part , comprises of stuffs that makes fairy tales.   :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #861 on: August 13, 2018, 09:31:06 AM »
OMG ! This artwork is so so beautiful.  Magical , just like Romy ! They're indeed star crossed lovers.  Their love story , for the most part , comprises of stuffs that makes fairy tales.   :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you for kind words! Happy that you liked ;)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #862 on: August 13, 2018, 09:40:34 AM »
Holy s*** that's amazing haha nice work!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #863 on: August 13, 2018, 10:49:41 AM »
Holy s*** that's amazing haha nice work!

Thank you :gambit:

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #864 on: August 13, 2018, 03:02:27 PM »
Great job Purp! Looks great.  :D

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #865 on: August 13, 2018, 04:07:55 PM »
Great job Purp! Looks great.  :D

Thanks, Boss ;)

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #866 on: August 17, 2018, 06:52:50 PM »
Beautiful art, Purp!

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #867 on: August 17, 2018, 07:36:29 PM »
Beautiful art, Purp!

Thanks! Glad that you liked ;)

Offline andresa

• Survivor
« Reply #868 on: August 17, 2018, 08:21:44 PM »
From KT's tumblr:

"I’m sure Rogue’s ex killing gambit’s ex-wife would have made the tone of things very different."

"Agreed. Regardless of anything else, Belladonna is currently planned to show up in MMX #6!"

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #869 on: August 17, 2018, 08:32:30 PM »
From KT's tumblr:

"I’m sure Rogue’s ex killing gambit’s ex-wife would have made the tone of things very different."

"Agreed. Regardless of anything else, Belladonna is currently planned to show up in MMX #6!"

Well, I guess we can assume that it might (maybe) take place in New Orleans and hopefully feature Jean-Luc and Tante Matti as well? Looking forward to it, for sure.