Author Topic: Disney Fox buy out?  (Read 10754 times)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
Re: Disney Fox buy out?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 04:30:00 PM »
Comcast offered 65 billion..cash

Knew that was coming as soon as the merger was approved. Gonna be interesting to see what comes of this.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 05:23:05 PM »
Comcast offered 65 billion..cash

Insane :o

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 05:36:40 PM »
The cash is an alluring offer, Disney is offering cash and stock options. It will be interesting to see what Fox wants and what deal they think is the better one.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 07:44:43 PM »
Honestly, the Disney stock is probably worth more than cash.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2018, 12:36:16 PM »
There's a Wall Street analyst saying that the best option might be for Comcast and Disney to split up the assets: https://www.cbr.com/disney-comcast-split-fox-assets-theory/

After reading some comments about this, it also seems an unlikely option. Sounds like both companies either want everything or nothing. This is all just speculation though
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:42:22 PM by bark_no_byte »

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2018, 06:24:13 PM »

Looks like Fox will be looking at Comcast's deal next week:

https://www.cbr.com/fox-meeting-next-week-comcast-bid/

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2018, 11:45:13 AM »

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2018, 06:48:30 PM »

Apparently, Fox accepted the deal...but it's not quite a done deal yet.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2018/06/20/fox-accepts-disney-increased-bid/

UPDATE: So now it looks like the anti-trust approval is imminent...my oh my, the X-men might be coming home to Disney/Marvel sooner than thought.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 11:14:29 PM by Nox »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2018, 01:57:17 PM »
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:40:51 PM by bark_no_byte »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2018, 05:03:08 PM »
I bet the news channel too. Since Disney owns ABC. Well, if it goes through, the Xmen Movie Franchise goes to Marvel Studios. That could be good considering some of the movies Marvel has released. Though, imo - not all of them were all that good. LOL

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2018, 05:13:56 PM »
I bet the news channel too. Since Disney owns ABC. Well, if it goes through, the Xmen Movie Franchise goes to Marvel Studios. That could be good considering some of the movies Marvel has released. Though, imo - not all of them were all that good. LOL

I definitely agree with you there (and even some of the good ones are a bit overrated imo). Although, I think they've got a better track record than Fox. It'll be interesting to see what this means for the Gambit movie

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2018, 05:30:15 PM »

I definitely agree with you there (and even some of the good ones are a bit overrated imo). Although, I think they've got a better track record than Fox. It'll be interesting to see what this means for the Gambit movie
Agreed, I think the most misses for Marvel Studios is their sequels. Very few of them lived up to the hype of the first film. Though, I guess there is some exceptions but none come to mind right now.

Yeah, not sure what it means for Gambit's film. With it practically in limbo .... seriously, I know it took DP ten years but Channing doesn't have ten years to be this character before he's too old. IMO.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2018, 06:25:54 PM »
Agreed, I think the most misses for Marvel Studios is their sequels. Very few of them lived up to the hype of the first film. Though, I guess there is some exceptions but none come to mind right now.

Yeah, not sure what it means for Gambit's film. With it practically in limbo .... seriously, I know it took DP ten years but Channing doesn't have ten years to be this character before he's too old. IMO.

Well, I can't think of one Marvel film I really disliked. Certainly, some were better than others (I think Guardians stand out as consistently good so far), but none were outright terrible IMHO. I just want to see X-men films that skew a bit closer to the comics, and I think Marvel is best positioned to do that.

As for CT, lord knows he's already too old to play Gambit...lol.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2018, 07:17:27 PM »
Okay, I'll expand for the sake of discussion.
GotG2 was slightly lame, imo. "Brandy" by Looking Glass and "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac while was purposeful for some of the scenes played too often. What made the soundtrack work for the first film is there was no repeat of the songs. "Brandy" was Ego's backstory and I didn't like that element.

IronMan 2 and 3 were weak story wise. Especially 3 with Pepper wanting him to destroy the suits which he did do, I can't even rewatch either of those films.
I couldn't get into Capt America: Winter Soldier. I don't see the appeal of Bucky, and wasn't vested in his plight enough to care.

I'm trying to pick the films that didn't interest me or felt bleh about. I am certain I've got a couple of others but for the most part I do enjoy Marvel Studios handling of their characters.
Here's an idea, lets Magic Mike Gambit and the movie will get done. LMAO - I kid of course.

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2018, 08:13:13 PM »

He's 38, so yeah, clock's ticking. I don't really want a 40yr old Gambit, though they do wonders with make-up these days LOL. Don't get me wrong, Channing's ageing quite well, it's just a "40 year-old Gambit" sounds strange to me.