Author Topic: X-Men Red  (Read 41923 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: X-Men Red
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2018, 02:24:17 AM »
It was my fave issue so far too.
It wasn`t mindblowing but RED is definetely much better then current X-Men team books.

Also I liked art. Some panels is rushed. But overall I liked Asrar on this book.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #151 on: June 08, 2018, 07:16:35 PM »
I finally got around to reading issue #5 and...it was okay. The art was solid. Liked it a lot. Not nearly enough Gambit though; he was just kind of "bamfed" into the team, LOL, no real questions asked. And Jean bringing kids to a gun fight? Well, I guess Logan's progeny can take it...?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:18:57 PM by Nox »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2018, 11:13:42 AM »
People are speculating Red will become X-Force after Cho posted a sketch of Jean he's doing for an X-Force Cover. Either that, or there is going to be a new X-Force book

Edit: It's for Extermination

Here's the post:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 02:31:05 PM by bark_no_byte »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2018, 01:30:36 PM »
It is a variant for x-termination.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2018, 01:41:50 PM »
It is a variant for x-termination.

You're right. He just edited his post on FB to say that.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2018, 02:49:02 PM »
I am glad that RED won't be relaunched. I am interested to see what Taylor has planned for such a big team.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #156 on: June 12, 2018, 03:02:47 PM »
Same here. Although, it is a little strange that Red will be the only "Color" book if Gold and Blue are both ending

Offline Spoonz

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2018, 04:51:28 AM »
I haven't been following Red, does Gambit make any worthy appearances yet, to justify picking up any issues before this point?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2018, 07:23:04 AM »
He's been in it twice... the book is a monthly with no less than 9-characters. His importance has yet to be seen. Art should be getting better, so thats a plus, but if your not interested in having social issues and international news topics integrated into your action comic, Taylor's writing may irk you. Gambit is the only thing keeping this book on my list.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #159 on: July 02, 2018, 11:20:46 AM »
What Don said. I've been enjoying it because I like a lot of the other characters in addition to Gambit and I kind of like the social commentary. If you're only interested in Gambit, though, it's probably not worth it.

Offline cc008

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2018, 02:28:57 PM »
Kind of a bummer how little Gambit's been in it so far.. but I do REALLY like the cast. However, when I saw who made up the cast, it excited me because I wanted Remy to interact with all of them. Can't happen if he's only in two of the six (five?) total issues out so far.
Who Dat

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2018, 02:47:21 PM »
Kind of a bummer how little Gambit's been in it so far.. but I do REALLY like the cast. However, when I saw who made up the cast, it excited me because I wanted Remy to interact with all of them. Can't happen if he's only in two of the six (five?) total issues out so far.

Yeah, apart from Jean I think he's only barely said a few words to Laura and Gabby?

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #162 on: July 02, 2018, 03:41:26 PM »
If you are a Gambit only fan then not worth picking up. This feels like a book that reads better in trade where you don't have to wait for your favorite character to make an appearance or do something.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #163 on: July 02, 2018, 05:50:54 PM »
If you are a Gambit only fan then not worth picking up. This feels like a book that reads better in trade where you don't have to wait for your favorite character to make an appearance or do something.

So Astonishing where Gambit populates the background and gives the team lectures and #&#&. Sweet. Good times.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #164 on: July 03, 2018, 10:51:59 AM »

So Astonishing where Gambit populates the background and gives the team lectures and #&#&. Sweet. Good times.

If you are referring to Liu then I didn't have a problem with his role in the book.  Liu's Gambit was unlike any other Gambit before from his mentoring of X-23 to his mentoring of the team in AXM.  I will take small doses of that over large doses of the same old sh*t anyday. 

Liu's Gambit had people's trust in a way he has rarely been shown in the books.  No matter how great KT writes Romy, at best it will just be a rehash of stuff we have already seen.  There is only so much tolerance that I have for the same old thief with a heart of gold playing sidekick to Rogue story.  Gambit's slowly turning into a character from a horrible romance novel where his only value is in the fact he is the paramour of the heroine.

So frankly Gambit will benefit simply from the fact he is away from Rogue in Red.  Whether I support it is simply a matter of how much he is in the book but I don't have a problem picking up a book sparingly or in trade and waiting on the issues where Gambit features as I did that in the 90s as he wasn't showing up in every issue.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:55:42 AM by remydat »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"