Author Topic: X-Men Red  (Read 41287 times)

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
Re: X-Men Red
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2018, 11:42:56 AM »
I liked Gambit's introduction to 'Red'. He's off to a solid start, heartbreaking scene too. But Remy was in character, and drawn well. Look forward to seeing how the events in Louisiana links to the cast who are all in Wakanda.

The overall story was quite clever too, I'm really liking how Jean is developing independently after all these years (without Cyclops), it's the right direction for her character. The whole series is moving along nicely so far.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2018, 02:07:41 PM »
I liked Gambit's introduction to 'Red'. He's off to a solid start, heartbreaking scene too. But Remy was in character, and drawn well. Look forward to seeing how the events in Louisiana links to the cast who are all in Wakanda.

The overall story was quite clever too, I'm really liking how Jean is developing independently after all these years (without Cyclops), it's the right direction for her character. The whole series is moving along nicely so far.

Agreed. I really liked this issue. I thought the writing was solid, the intro done well and fit the narrative given prior.

I liked the art, thought the use of Gambit's powers was done well. I liked how he was portrayed.

And!!!! - I got the variant .... with Gambit head shot. There was a venom cover too but its a common ratio, I just didn't pick it up. LOL

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2018, 02:50:43 PM »
Agreed. I really liked this issue. I thought the writing was solid, the intro done well and fit the narrative given prior.

I liked the art, thought the use of Gambit's powers was done well. I liked how he was portrayed.

And!!!! - I got the variant .... with Gambit head shot. There was a venom cover too but its a common ratio, I just didn't pick it up. LOL

Cool variant, Neko!

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2018, 02:59:12 PM »

Nice! Was that variant a rarer one? I kinda want to pick it up but don't want to spend too much.

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2018, 03:04:07 PM »

Glad that you liked.
I wasn`t a fan this RED issue.

I liked it because the book is dealing with real life issues and the way Gambit was introduced didn't feel forced. I liked the art especially the panel where a person was recording the confrontation between Gambit and the guy with the gun which will likely play a part into the story.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2018, 03:14:13 PM »

I liked it because the book is dealing with real life issues and the way Gambit was introduced didn't feel forced. I liked the art especially the panel where a person was recording the confrontation between Gambit and the guy with the gun which will likely play a part into the story.

I really liked Asrar's art here too. His Gambit on interiars is much better then on sketch:)

This issue makes personal motives for Gambit to stop Nova.

Also anybody checked Q and A at the end of issue?
Is it me or first answer sounded like something not very good for Gambit after first appearence?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:16:49 PM by purplevit »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2018, 03:27:13 PM »

Nice! Was that variant a rarer one? I kinda want to pick it up but don't want to spend too much.

No, not horribly so, I was able to pick it up for $8. Probably a 1 in ten type ratio. Depends on the incentive but considering what I paid, you should be able to get it without too much pain in the wallet. LOL

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2018, 03:29:31 PM »
I didn't read the Q&A .... but I'll check it out.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2018, 03:33:04 PM »
No, not horribly so, I was able to pick it up for $8. Probably a 1 in ten type ratio. Depends on the incentive but considering what I paid, you should be able to get it without too much pain in the wallet. LOL

That's pretty good. I think I paid more for the Astonishing X-Men Gambit cover that Granov did

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2018, 04:20:31 PM »

I really liked Asrar's art here too. His Gambit on interiars is much better then on sketch:)

This issue makes personal motives for Gambit to stop Nova.

Also anybody checked Q and A at the end of issue?
Is it me or first answer sounded like something not very good for Gambit after first appearence?

the Q&A is past tense, "what came next" as in what happened after he appeared, without spoiling it you know. If he intended to mean what will happen in the future he would have said "what comes next"

Great first appearance, interested to see how he joins the team although im thinking and hoping Jean uses him to get through to the brainwashed one due to their relationship

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2018, 04:29:17 PM »
the Q&A is past tense, "what came next" as in what happened after he appeared, without spoiling it you know. If he intended to mean what will happen in the future he would have said "what comes next"

Great first appearance, interested to see how he joins the team although im thinking and hoping Jean uses him to get through to the brainwashed one due to their relationship

Oh, then good. Thanks Dantay! English is not my native language so sometimes it is a little bit hard to get everything right:)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2018, 04:30:24 PM »
I think Trinary will save brainwashed people.
Not sure yet what role Gambit will have but revenge will work for me:)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 04:54:20 PM by purplevit »

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2018, 06:08:06 PM »
Thanks Dantay, you explained Q&A better than I could have, I didn't see anything odd in the comment.

I also took it as more of ... we don't know whats going to happen next type thing. :)

I like Trinary quite a bit.

I like how Jean is handling things too.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2018, 06:49:51 PM »
Alright. Looks like I'll be picking this up after all.  :)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2018, 09:42:30 PM »
I thought overall, it read really well. While there was some things I wished could have been different, it doesn't bother me that much because I think the intent in the story telling was consistent.

Some might not like how Gambit came across but I don't think it was horrendous since it showed exactly what the story was trying to say was the issue. It wasn't random, it was calculated story telling.  I liked it.

Edit: And for some reason, the part that is seemly forgotten was the winged girl Cara made a choice to face the mob. Gambit suggested to her to fly away and she refused. No time for discussion in this situation. Story wise, did a good job of bringing the issue closer to "home" as it were based on the circumstances.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 08:08:07 AM by Nekobaghira »