Author Topic: Justice League movie  (Read 526 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Justice League movie
« on: November 17, 2017, 03:13:56 PM »
No spoilers. I kept myself from reading reviews. Other than finding out about the two extra scenes.

I enjoyed it. I thought overall, it was a good popcorn flick. Not too bogged down and there was enough balance between the action and story, including the creative ways to explain origins without spending tons of time and yet drive the overall plot along.

The story not new in general but I liked it. It was presented well.

The humor wasn't forced and for the first time, I thought Batman was what I thought he would be. Wonder Woman rocked it too. I liked all the characters.

This is the third film offering from DC that I have liked. (Although one of those should not count, I liked the concept than the execution.)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Re: Justice League movie
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:43:37 AM »
CBR's article on Justice League - Do not click the link if you don't want spoilers.

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-superman-clark-kent/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list

I do agree with the general assessment of the article.

Another article, do not click link if you don't want spoilers.

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-ending-explained/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:09:04 AM by Nekobaghira »

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 10:21:45 AM »

My Own 2-(spoiler-free)-cents:

I've been enjoying the DCEU movies (even a couple parts of SS), so I'm biased but I was grinning like an idiot for most of the movie. It definitely had it's problems (there were a couple lines I would have cut and it needed to be longer imo) and I understand a lot of the criticism, but it was enjoyable, which is all I really wanted from a JL movie. I thought they did a great job with the characters and although the characterization was a little weak, for a >2 hour movie, I thought it was still pretty good.

Aquaman was my favorite, but I'm a pretty big fan of Momoa anyways - can't wait for his movie.

Flash was fun, pretty much what I expected him to be.

The real surprise for me was Cyborg. I was afraid he would be kind of relegated to not doing much but he (and every other character) had his chance to shine.

A couple SPOILER things that I have to talk about - be warned, this is super spoilery: The 2 scenes that had me in a state of pure joy were seeing the GL in the flashback scene and then the post-credits scene with Deathstroke. So great.

All-in-all, I'd give my first viewing a solid 7 or 8 out of 10. I want to see it again and I'm excited to see what the future of the DCEU holds without Snyder in control.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 04:53:44 PM »
Yay!! I thought maybe I was in the minority of liking this film. It seems to be taking far too much criticism in my view. I get "Batman: The Dark Knight" .. but c'mon - open mind as it were.

Thank you bark_no_byte - I had no clue who that was character was, I didn't even have a point of reference to look that character up.

I will admit ... there are reasons for liking SS but overall, I just liked it anyway .. whatever. I know it wasn't loved, and had issues but I liked it.

Aquaman was amazing, great casting, great dialogue, great action stuff - even when WW messed with him a little. Great freakin' stuff. Probably the best stuff of the film.

Batman was the best I had ever seen him. Wait, here me out. He was broody but did something that wasn't so self absorbed that life only depends on him. Perhaps its my poor view of Bats in general, but this was great in tone for him. He is still the loner but did what needed to be done and that is how I see Batman, IMO.

The Flash was such great comedic relief and it wasn't forced ... it was so natural to his character. He was completely charming. He should get a movie.

Wonder Woman - I can't praise her enough. She has been right from the get go, from SvB, to WW to JL ... Wonder Woman has been a solid character. They've followed her storyline movie wise as well which has helped greatly.

Okay - yeah .. I know - they tried pulling an "Avengers" sort of thing for which the film is getting some heat .. but c'mon. Really? They mixed a group of characters with only Bats, Sups and WW to lead in and Bats and Sups was years ago. Give them a break. It was a well group gathering film overall. IMO.

I'm starting to think DCEU needs its own complex thread for this stuff. LOL

I think all the characters were handled well, some redeeming things too and the newbies were taken care of well, imo.

If people want to dislike it, whatever. I'll buy this on DVD because I want it.