Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 1064 times)

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
Podcasts
« on: November 21, 2017, 12:19:20 PM »
Hey, everybody, apologies if this has been asked before but I searched on here and couldn't find anyone talking about podcasts. I'm always on the lookout for some and it seems like there are a ton out there, so I was curious what everyone would recommend.

I personally like the following: Limetown; My Brother, My Brother, and Me; The Adventure Zone; Lore; RadioLab; WTF w/ Marc Maron; Comedy Bang Bang; Doug Loves Movies (although I haven't listened in a while); Welcome to Night Vale (most of the time); King Falls AM; and Wolf 359.

Also, are there any good comic or X-Men-specific podcasts you'd recommend? I started to listen to Jay and Miles, but I can tell they don't like Gambit much and I'm already kinda sick of the small amounts of bashing I've heard so far. Does that ever get better?

Also, sorry if this isn't the most appropriate section to post under haha Music just seemed like the closest category.

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 12:28:39 PM »
The Dollop--my favorite podcast. Comedian Dave Anthony reads a story from American history* to Gareth Reynolds, his friend & fellow comedian who has no idea what the topic is going to be about...and usually has no clue where it's going once it's started. You can start from the beginning like I did or start w/Hugh Glass or The Rube (my fave) or 10-cent Beer Night. And there's even a Gambit connection as one ep is about Cajuns.

*Except when they do shows abroad, like they've done in Australia and Iceland--then they do something from that country's history.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:42:19 PM by Miss Misery »
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 12:31:13 PM »
That sounds amazing. Definitely gonna give it a shot

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 10:43:51 PM »
That sounds amazing. Definitely gonna give it a shot

I'm excited that you're interested! (*squee*) Anyway, let me know what you think, could you?
“Sometimes I feel like you’re the only one who gets me, 1400-pound block of cheese.”—Gareth Reynolds

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 09:39:37 AM »
I'm excited that you're interested! (*squee*) Anyway, let me know what you think, could you?

Absolutely! I downloaded the first couple plus the 2 you recommended - just haven't had a chance to listen yet. I will let you know though as soon as I do

Offline Miss Misery

• X-Man Teacher
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 01:23:56 PM »
Cool.

Forgot to say that there’s swearing and sometimes the humor gets dark, just so you’re aware.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 02:18:17 PM »
Sounds like it's right up my alley then haha

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 01:13:07 PM »
So I've only had time to listen to the first episode (the one about Cliven Bundy) and I'm only halfway through it but I already love it. Them talking about the George Washington impersonator at the BBQ had me dying haha

Online Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 09:28:42 AM »
Shameless promotion time, Martin refuses to get an account here so he asked e to post this one, it not our best but its a what if the X-Men were in the real world, Jubilee could lose Americas got talent, it starts around the 14 minute mark - https://soundcloud.com/iafpodcast/ruining-the-x-men?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 11:09:13 AM »
Nice! I'll def be checking this out