Author Topic: Hollywood Allegations/Xmen  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
Hollywood Allegations/Xmen
« on: January 09, 2018, 09:56:04 AM »
No idea where this should go, but not in Gambit watch. LOL

Hollywood is having issues with sh and more.  Politicians are also having these issues. This thing has been going on for years and in every profession. Now, its getting quite a bit of attention because of Hollywood.

https://www.newsarama.com/38091-key-x-men-producer-comments-on-singer-ratner-miller-allegations.html

TJ Miller - Deadpool
Bryan Singer - he's removing his name from the Legion TV show.
Brett Ratner

When does comic books catch up to the rest of entertainment mediums? Comic books are always behind of what is going on. I don't know, but as awareness heightens, the climate changes.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
Re: Hollywood Allegations/Xmen
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 10:00:27 AM »

When does comic books catch up to the rest of entertainment mediums? Comic books are always behind of what is going on. I don't know, but as awareness heightens, the climate changes.

As far as identifying sexual harassment offenders? It's already started with that one DC editor: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/14/books/dc-editor-fired.html

And Jay Ediden is one of a few comic journalists who have been working to expose and raise awareness. I'm sure we will see more soon

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 10:33:43 AM »
I think you are right bark_no_byte.

I also think that in the comic books, they've got to adjust to the times. While lets not discuss it here, its in enough threads already, look at how G is portrayed in R&G#1. That is actual written reflection of what is wrong right now in the climate, even if it was never intended to be that way.

Its gonna get really interesting as time goes by and to see how things adjust.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 10:37:35 AM »
Yup, I agree. I'm sure there will be a push towards comics and characters being more PC. The question is how well will it be done? I'm sure there will be instances of "over-correction" depending on different creative teams/editors, but I feel like that's just part of the process as the business adjusts. Hopefully things will level out and this will be a good thing in the end

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 10:41:28 AM »
Agreed. And it takes time for adjustments, things are done so far in advance. I do think it would be a good thing in the end as well.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 11:28:52 AM »
No idea if multiple man is going ahead...but seems James Franco is being called out for some stuff. http://www.newsweek.com/james-franco-disaster-artist-teen-girl-instagram-773914?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 11:48:09 AM »
Damn, I remember that stuff with instagram a few years ago. Didn't know about everything else. Yeah, I'm sure this will hurt the MM movie

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 01:27:51 PM »
Since it's still in the planning stages, it definitely could. Geez, hopefully Tatum continues to be a 'nice guy'...

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 04:14:58 PM »

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 10:16:02 AM »
So, Franco has 5 accusers now. Would be surprised if Disney backed the multiple man film😗

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 10:28:18 AM »
The film was a long shot at best, now it's super unlikely with all the bad press around him. IMO this also puts that ill advised Kitty Pryde movie in doubt. They may not see it as worth the trouble to tackle... or... it might accelerate the process with Multiple Man project getting torpedoed.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 10:29:43 AM »
http://ew.com/movies/2018/01/11/james-franco-sexual-misconduct/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

beat me to it Paneo01 ....

I don't want a Kitty Pryde movie and Multiple Man seemed like an odd choice for a film to me.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 10:39:26 AM »
I don`t care for Kitty movie. But ok if they will make it. I am not watching anything.

Was excited for Madrox movie and like Franco as actor.
He kinda was rumoured for Gambit movie cameo too. But allegations are making problems for movies and Franco`s career for sure.

Offline Paneo01

• X-Man Mentor
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 10:57:24 AM »
Despite the accusations,
the producers of his current show "the duece" say there have been no complaints about him from women on the show. So, they have no plans to halt production.  Isn't he a Oscar hopeful as well?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:59:16 AM by Paneo01 »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 12:58:01 PM »
Despite the accusations,
the producers of his current show "the duece" say there have been no complaints about him from women on the show. So, they have no plans to halt production.  Isn't he a Oscar hopeful as well?

Netflix was behind Kevin Spacey for a little while, too... for a little while.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony