Author Topic: Digital Comic: Is anyone getting this?  (Read 443 times)

Offline GambitMojo

• X-Man Mentor
Digital Comic: Is anyone getting this?
« on: January 13, 2018, 07:48:20 PM »
is it animated?
Is it worth getting?
Are there previews?
Can i get the comic series in one download?

https://comicstore.marvel.com/Rogue-Gambit-2018-1-of-5/digital-comic/47022

Offline Meliorist

• Master Thief
Re: Digital Comic: Is anyone getting this?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:51:04 PM »
It is what I am getting. It is not anything special, just like a comic that you download. No animated/holographic pictures and one issue at a time, just like it would be if you were buying them from a store.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 12:56:23 AM »
Its an digital version of a comic book.

Offline Paradox Jast

• X-Man Teacher
    • Jasticus on Fanfiction.net
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 07:29:28 PM »
Its what I bought because I no longer have an LCS, and there is no release delay like there used to be.

It's just the actual comic. One actual 'pro' towards getting a digital comic is that it can be zoomed in so you can actually get all the detail (when you get a good artist, like this series has), and I like to use 'panel view', so its a natural display of the story, only showing a panel at a time.

Otherwise if I had to rate the single issue (as a person who hasn't picked up a comic in a long time) I'd give it a 7/10 for a first. Hit enough buttons to get me interested in where it goes, but some of the interactions cause me to be wary. If I get to see Gambit actually legit 'blow up' at Rogue for a change, and for her to actually listen instead of dismiss it/ignore it/run away, then I will commit to the whole 5 issues, guaranteed. As it is now, I'm waiting for reviews before I buy.

Edit: And this is as it says in the title, issue 1 of 5. The only one released so far.