Author Topic: Avenger's Infinity War  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Rakkner

• Journeyman
Re: Avenger's Infinity War
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 07:19:44 PM »
Just came out of the movie and I am shocked, devastated and confused. In the back of my mind I sort of wanted to see something like this but I never thought Marvel could do anything like this. Josh Brolin as Thanos was the highlight of the movie. I could see his motivation, feel his anguish and admire his performance. He Killed it. The effects, the action, the emotion, the comedy were all perfect. It felt like I was reading a proper comic book.
When the movie ended the entire audience was shocked, some cried and some didn't believe what just happened. This is one of the best movies of this year and I will be seeing it again.
I highly recommend it especially in Imax if possible.

This is honestly a perfect review. Easily one of the greatest movies I've ever seen.

Offline anya

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 09:54:12 AM »
That was intense, I'll say that

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2018, 01:21:25 PM »
I have had time to think about this film. It was okay at best for me, I would have made different plans in regards to this film, knowing what I know now. There were moments I enjoyed but they were few and far between the other stuff.

In the end, I felt like I was LoTR'ed .....

There is an extra scene at the end, and I didn't even know what the symbol meant. I had to look it up in the CBR thread for the film to figure it out.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 05:06:31 PM by Nekobaghira »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2018, 06:46:01 PM »
Wow! I wasn`t prepared for that movie and how good it was.
Totally loved it. So epic.
Best Marvel movie for me.

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2018, 12:13:03 PM »
I went to lunch with a friend who loved the movie. He needed to know what I didn't like, and while I could pick things, after thinking on it and going to movies or at least why I go to movies .... and I can pick things I really liked as well in this film. I go to movies to walk out with a smile on my face. That did not happen. It's my escapism.

I walked out with a WTF feeling. I like walking out feeling good or entertained. I'm glad that everybody in the world loved this film but I left not only without a smile on my face, but an incredibly lack of enthusiasm because had I known then what I know now, I would have waited and watched the two films back to back. I went to avoid spoilers and for the most part I had not been let down by an Avenger's film.

In addition, people making fun of kids who were upset by circumstances of what occurred in the film, piss me off. Nobody should make fun of children who were attached to characters in this film. Children who did not understand that this was a part one of two (three? I don't know) for which the film never stated a "to be continued" to give them hope -  was s***ty by the film.

My friends 11 year old's initial comment on the film: sad - as in he felt bad about the end result.

Okay, off my chest, I feel better. I'm glad everyone/body loved this film. I'm okay being in the minority. And its just an opinion.  :D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 12:35:18 PM by Nekobaghira »