Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70904 times)

Offline belay

• Guild Member
Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« on: June 18, 2018, 06:10:04 PM »
MR. & MRS. X #1-3 Written by KELLY THOMPSON • Penciled by OSCAR BAZALDUA Covers by TERRY DODSON Issue #1 – VARIANT COVER BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL Issue #1 – VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL Issue #1 – VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS Issue #1 – VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG Issue #2 – VARIANT COVER BY JEN BARTEL Issue #3 – VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES BEGINS THIS JULY!

To the surprise of everyone, the Marvel Universe’s hottest couple has tied the knot! But there’s no time to enjoy wedded bliss when ROGUE and GAMBIT find themselves tasked with protecting a mysterious package that just about everyone in the galaxy is trying to steal. What secrets does this package hold that everyone from the Imperial Guard and the Starjammers to Technet and Deathbird (with an entire Shi’ar rebellion in tow!) will risk everything for?! Perhaps more importantly, is there anything worse than DEADPOOL crashing your honeymoon? 32 PGS.(EACH)/Rated T+ …$3.99 (EACH)
More information can be found on this link from Bleedingcool.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/18/major-x-men-wedding-spoiler/
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 06:52:29 PM by belay »

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 06:29:53 PM »
OMG! Wow! I can't believe that it happens. Maybe I am dreaming, lol?))) And we have Romy ongoing with KT back! Just wow!!! I am happy! My congrats for evwryone that happy about this news too!

I hope Marvel will let Gambit and Rogue to be happy together.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 06:36:35 PM by DonPriceTag »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 06:33:59 PM »
Eh listen, me'wan all de variant dem.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 06:36:39 PM »

It is like I died and my version of hell is having to read Romy for the rest of eternity.

Jokes aside, I suppose on the bright side, I won't have to put up with Rogue being wishy washy about Gambit while banging other dudes anymore.  So there is always a silver lining.  Of course, I am penciling in some writer having Rogue or Gambit cheating within two years as I can't imagine Marvel allowing them to be happy for an extended period of time.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 06:38:05 PM by DonPriceTag »
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 06:41:08 PM »

It is like I died and my version of hell is having to read Romy for the rest of eternity.

Jokes aside, I suppose on the bright side, I won't have to put up with Rogue being wishy washy about Gambit while banging other dudes anymore.  So there is always a silver lining.  Of course, I am penciling in some writer having Rogue or Gambit cheating within two years as I can't imagine Marvel allowing them to be happy for an extended period of time.

Yeah I can't see it working longer than a handful of years. Some imaginationless hack will eventually come along and write one of them out of character then blame it on "marriage is 50/50". My marriage is fine and fun and we don't have super powers.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 06:45:13 PM »
I didn't expected Marvel to let them marry at all so maybe they will surprise us.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 06:46:42 PM »
Also excited that now we have Romy ongoing and glad to see them in space.
Previews looks cool!
I hope to see Gambit vs Deadpool fight.

Offline Nox

• Guild Member
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 06:47:12 PM »
OMG!!!! *picks up jaw from off the floor*  :D

I can't believe it. Well, I feel for the Romy haters, but as a Romy fan, I'm pretty thrilled about this!!! I had a gut feeling this might happen, but I thought it was just too soon after the mini. And it's an ongoing?!!!

I can't wait to see how KT handles this!

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2018, 06:57:07 PM »
OMG!!!! *picks up jaw from off the floor*  :D

I can't believe it. Well, I feel for the Romy haters, but as a Romy fan, I'm pretty thrilled about this!!! I had a gut feeling this might happen, but I thought it was just too soon after the mini. And it's an ongoing?!!!

I can't wait to see how KT handles this!

The premises of the book is very interesting and different than anything I have ever read from Marvel. It is about time Gambit interacted with the larger Marvel universe. So why do guys think what could be inside the box. Is a Phoenix Egg?

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 06:57:29 PM »

Yeah I can't see it working longer than a handful of years. Some imaginationless hack will eventually come along and write one of them out of character then blame it on "marriage is 50/50". My marriage is fine and fun and we don't have super powers.

My biggest concern is Gambit is going to be relegated to being Rogue's hubby.  I can see him fading from the other books and basically turning into Rogue's sidekick in this book while Rogue gets to have adventures outside of their book.  But I suppose that is the pessimist in me.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Nekobaghira

• Administrator
  • X-Man Legend
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 07:06:58 PM »
The premises of the book is very interesting and different than anything I have ever read from Marvel. It is about time Gambit interacted with the larger Marvel universe. So why do guys think what could be inside the box. Is a Phoenix Egg?
That would mean doing something that would have some sort of story for Gambit, I don't see that. Apologies to those in advance for my view. If Marvel is actually going to do the romance thing with HEA's .... better late than never, right?  ;)
My biggest concern is Gambit is going to be relegated to being Rogue's hubby.  I can see him fading from the other books and basically turning into Rogue's sidekick in this book while Rogue gets to have adventures outside of their book.  But I suppose that is the pessimist in me.
Maybe, but it seems to be what is wanted. *shrug*

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 07:11:26 PM »

I like premise too.
I think you just guessed what's in the box:)

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 07:16:19 PM »

I like premise too.
I think you just guessed what's in the box:)

So Gambit will be on X-Men Red and an ongoing series. Seems a great time to be a Gambit fan.

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 07:17:52 PM »

So Gambit will be on X-Men Red and an ongoing series. Seems a great time to be a Gambit fan.

Yeah. Finally will my Gambit monthly fix again:)

Also about your guess, I just noticed that Egg is on cover 3:)

Offline belay

• Guild Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2018, 07:22:10 PM »

Yeah. Finally will my Gambit monthly fix again:)

Also about your guess, I just noticed that Egg is on cover 3:)

I thought that was the moon.  :-[