Author Topic: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30  (Read 70919 times)

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
Re: Mr&Mrs X finally revealed. Spoilers from X-Men Gold #30
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2018, 04:00:00 AM »
Okay but who is watching the cats while they run around in space?

Hmm, Fence?

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2018, 10:34:04 AM »
so Guggi heim...whatever his name is pulled a flash/arrow move, apparently this has been in the works for a bit, https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/19/arts/x-men-gold-kitty-pryde-piotr-rasputin.html this a nice image of the proposal

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2018, 10:35:27 AM »
so Guggi heim...whatever his name is pulled a flash/arrow move, apparently this has been in the works for a bit, https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/19/arts/x-men-gold-kitty-pryde-piotr-rasputin.html this a nice image of the proposal

You are fast ;D  Just were going to post this.

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 10:41:44 AM »

You are fast ;D  Just were going to post this.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/06/18/major-x-men-wedding-spoiler/ also this super spoilers in it so dont read its pretty much the whole thing so SPOILERS .......also tears...manly tears because i stubbed my toe, while im not a Romy fan this will be interesting because now the will they wont they drama which helped ruin the relationship for me is over, they have the happy ever after now this is what comes next for better or worse.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 12:29:21 PM »
Looks like Gambit will start off playing second fiddle to Rogue again as the new book stars off with Rogue's perspective on the wedding.  No mention of Gambit's perspective because well, he's just a support character I guess.
"Let me go first Lorna.  I"m their freaking king!"

Offline Dantay

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 12:46:40 PM »
Looks like Gambit will start off playing second fiddle to Rogue again as the new book stars off with Rogue's perspective on the wedding.  No mention of Gambit's perspective because well, he's just a support character I guess.
i didnt realize the book was out yet,  i know there was one tidbit in the interview saying they would fill in the blanks from the wedding not shown in Gold. So it starts off with all that, what else does Rogue do in the issue to pull focus and leave Gambit as a supporting character?

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2018, 01:15:37 PM »
It's a wedding. It's not the groom's day. Most or all of the proposal seems to be from his prospective in Gold. Who cares if it's told from Rogue's end. It probably resonates more with her than him. It's his 2nd and she never thought she'd be married. Turn off the alarm. It's ok.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline purplevit

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2018, 01:30:33 PM »

Because Gambit's perspective was shown in Gold 30. All Romy story there is from his perspective on bleedingcool.

Offline Berry

• [insert something witty]
  • X-Man Leader
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2018, 01:34:44 PM »
Yup.  He’s probably just content she agreed, not sure what more we’d see from his POV.  Maybe just knocking about another whiskey on the rocks waiting for her to finish getting ready.  Rogue’s the flighty one and tends to just bolt when stressed, i’m honestly interested in her POV in between his ask and her showing up.  Plus I wanna know the something old, something new, something borrowed & something blue.  I’m a girl, sue me. 

Caroline: I know it sounds crazy, but alcohol helps.

Offline bark_no_byte

• Outcast
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2018, 01:50:42 PM »
Yup.  He’s probably just content she agreed, not sure what more we’d see from his POV.  Maybe just knocking about another whiskey on the rocks waiting for her to finish getting ready.  Rogue’s the flighty one and tends to just bolt when stressed, i’m honestly interested in her POV in between his ask and her showing up.  Plus I wanna know the something old, something new, something borrowed & something blue.  I’m a girl, sue me.

I'm with you on this. Gambit's feelings for her have usually been pretty clear. Rogue's...not so much. Honestly, when I first heard about this, I was surprised that she didn't say "no".

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2018, 01:50:54 PM »
i didnt realize the book was out yet,  i know there was one tidbit in the interview saying they would fill in the blanks from the wedding not shown in Gold. So it starts off with all that, what else does Rogue do in the issue to pull focus and leave Gambit as a supporting character?

It is my initial reaction to the information provided.  If it ends up being different then I will say so.  However, R&G was basically Gambit being a support character for Rogue and the claim there was well, "Rogue was the one that had to make the decision so that is why she got the focus."  Now, it is "Well it is a wedding so it's Rogue's day not Gambit's."

There is also some excuse.  When Gambit get's actual real focus then I will say so.  Until then, I am free to be pessimistic just as you are free to be optimistic.

It's a wedding. It's not the groom's day. Most or all of the proposal seems to be from his prospective in Gold. Who cares if it's told from Rogue's end. It probably resonates more with her than him. It's his 2nd and she never thought she'd be married. Turn off the alarm. It's ok.

Right and like I said, in the mini, it was "Gambit was decided so it had to focus on Rogue making the decision." Sorry it gets tiring hearing all these justifications for why Rogue gets focus. 

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2018, 01:57:45 PM »

Because Gambit's perspective was shown in Gold 30. All Romy story there is from his perspective on bleedingcool.

Really, did we see Gambit discussing this with Storm?  Is it unfair to expect some heart to heart with her if Rogue is getting some scenes with her friends?  Sorry I am a Gambit only fan.  I don't give a sh*t about Rogue's point of view.  Yet you don't see me arguing for it to be removed.  I am simply arguing that Gambit's POV should be presented too.  Not sure why wanting to see that should be a problem.

And he will be content to play sidekick too it seems.  I'd like to see perhaps him and Storm talking where she asks him if he is sure about this or he asks her to be his best man.  How cool would that be?  Or him asking X-23 to be there with him.  It is like Gambit doesn't have any friends to discuss this huge decision but hey we get to see Rogue discuss it with her friends.

This is the same mentality that makes me hate Romy.  There are always rationalizations for why Gambit gets the short end of the stick and people just expect Gambit only fans to be happy about it.  Sorry I am not.

Now hey if KT writes some of the above then I will admit I jumped the gun but looking at how all you guys are ready to rationalize him getting zero focus on the biggest day of his life just leads me to believe this will get swept under the rug.  It's all about Rogue because apparently she is the only one that matters.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 02:03:31 PM by remydat »

Offline DonPriceTag

• @theprattlp
  • Global Moderator
  • X-Man Legend
  • Heavens to Murgatroyd!
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2018, 02:01:56 PM »
Oh cheese and rice. I see where this is going.
Rogue being flung vagina-first at the first male that pops up on her radar isn't how I'd define "romance," but Marvel must be using a different dictionary than me.- NicoPony

Offline Sparta

• X-Man Ally
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2018, 02:03:13 PM »
Well Mystique is something blue  :P . I'm also more interested in Rogue's POV of the wedding. In Gold #30 it seemed slightly more Gambit-focused. So yeah, I think KT will find the right voice for Rogue in those "behind the scenes" panels come issue #1 of the new series.

I like that KT went with a fun space adventure, something completely different to the 'Ring of Fire' mini. Is that Lilandra or Cerise in that b&w panel?
Oh and Deadpool popping up, should be funny as hell.

Offline remydat

• X-Man Legend
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2018, 02:09:09 PM »
“You get some stuff with Rogue behind the scenes with some of the X-ladies, putting together something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue,” she said. “I felt the fans deserved to see this because we did not get a big build up.”

Let me ask a simple question.  As a Gambit fan, do I not deserve to see the build up as well?  Why shouldn't I expect to see Gambit discussing things with Storm or one of his friends?  What's the point of reading this if I am a Gambit only fan?

It seems we have already started where Gambit fans are just expected to accept whatever breadcrumbs are thrown to them after Rogue gets the focus.  If you don't care to see Gambit discussing this massive decision with his friends then I don't begrudge you.  However, I think it is unreasonable to tell me as a Gambit fan, I shouldn't be disappointed if Rogue gets to discuss this with her friends while Gambit does not.